(Book Spoilers) Speculating on events at the wall

AzorAhai42

We have Jon on his suicide mission to kill Mance as opposed to him being sent by Thorne, he reaches Mance and engages in conversation, it takes a turn for the worse and just when you think Mance is going to order him killed there's a commotion in the camp, Stannis' men sweep in on their horses, Mel throws fire about, mammoths stampede etc and then the wildlings break. Mance is captured and Jon stand in view of a man is full armour (including helmet) watching the wildlings retreat, he turns to look as the helmet is removed and Stannis himself is revealed

^Maybe, maybe not. Routing Mance's horde, mammoths and giants included would be very CGI heavy. But then we also have the dragon-chaining and Drogon escaping as well as the Bran thingmy going down. So we'll see, won't we.

If Stannis kills a mammoth or Giant then I will take back my words about the episode 9 ending degrading him.

One can only hope. :D

I need some form of Jon/Stannis interaction on screen before having to wait another year! Please, please, please...

It will be nice to see Stannis next season outside of that Dragonstone set. The King's Tower set better be fit for a king.

There's so much stuff for episode 10 that I think we will just have Mance+Jon and then the Stannis charge and that would be it. They might even start the episode with that.

Wall scenes from 4.10 preview - I know we all got badly burned by 4.09 but I don't understand people saying that the attack from Stannis on the wildlings will be held off until S5.

Thanks for the link!

There's one scene of Jon hearing the horn inside the tent and another of him being guarded outside of it. Stannis's arrival won't be a one minute sequence. It doesn't go with the "well who could that be?" side of his arrival.

Is it Robb?

It's Robert!

No, it's Stannis!

But my money is on D&D ending the season with Tyrion & Tywin.

I think you guys may be conflating two interviews;

IIRC, Graves mentioned a CGI-heavy battle, which we just got. Then D&D talked about a crazy-expensive CGI-heavy scene in the finale, which is the most expensive scene in the series to date (Dany chaining dragons).

I think you're right. Thanks for clearing that up for us :)

Archived