(Book Spoilers) Speculating on events at the wall

AzorAhai42

The "charge" seems to be taking place in the woods as well.

It's funny because the knights charging through the trees was one of the first snippets of the trailers released on Vine back in JANUARY. But it feels like I've been waiting forever to see it!

It's definitely Stannis' men because you can make out his sigil on the banners, especially if you tinker with the lighting on the screenshots. Not that I would be so obsessive as to do that :rolleyes:

The "charge" seems to be taking place in the woods as well.

It's funny because the knights charging through the trees was one of the first snippets of the trailers released on Vine back in JANUARY. But it feels like I've been waiting forever to see it!

It's definitely Stannis' men because you can make out his sigil on the banners, especially if you tinker with the lighting on the screenshots. Not that I would be so obsessive as to do that :rolleyes:

no, it would be disturbing being as obsessive as some...watching in slow motion in photoshop....to brighten and sharpen...and determine where he is in that shot exactly:D:D:D

If Stan isn't in episode ten, Sati, I'll change the signature on my posts to "was majorly and grievously wrong about how season 4 would play out". Or maybe even a phrase of your or someone else's choosing.

He will be though. That will give him four appearances for the season, will pay off his trip to Braavos and will confirm what Carice said in an interview that the Dragonstone cast of characters meets up with a new cast of characters.

BTW I will never complain about Carice nudity. No matter how shoehorned it is next season, when it will be even harder to justify.

I thought her nudity had a point...she was baring all to Selyse, telling her the truth to set her up for the fact that she needs her daughter for something terrible.

I'm a woman, too, so it's not like I get something out of it XD

What are the chances that Stannis bought some awesome new armor with all that Iron Bank cash?

Stannis doesn't me strike as big spender. Also I think that if they show Stannis in the battle they want the audience to recognize him so no new fancy helmet either.

Edit. Don't get me wrong I want Stannis to get a new costume. He even eats dinner in that armor.

What are the chances that Stannis bought some awesome new armor with all that Iron Bank cash?

I love Stannis' armour. I especially love how it's kind of scuffed and "practical" looking. Like he's had it for years.

I've also found it interesting that he has stayed in some form of armour since the end of Blackwater, whether it be the plate over his coat in 2.10 or the long fitted coat with the patches of chainmail (!). It's as though he's been in war mode the whole time, even if he's not actually fighting and people have more or less forgotten he exists.

Not that I've given it much thought or anything.

I love Stannis' armour. I especially love how it's kind of scuffed and "practical" looking. Like he's had it for years.

I've also found it interesting that he has stayed in some form of armour since the end of Blackwater, whether it be the plate over his coat in 2.10 or the long fitted coat with the patches of chainmail (!). It's as though he's been in war mode the whole time, even if he's not actually fighting and people have more or less forgotten he exists.

Not that I've given it much thought or anything.

IMO he should get some fur on that armor since he's in the North now.

So, about the LC elections (nevermind whether this episode or next season): who's gonna vote for Slynt, since he completely destroyed his reputation after publicly being a total pussy, or are there going to be other candidates for the position?

They left an out for him because no one actually saw him slip away in the battle except Sam who finds him afterward. Sam revealing this information at a key time in the election might be what they're going to do.

It really seems like D&D have chosen to slow down the Storyline at the Wall with Stannis and Jon. There is enough material @ the Wall to do this while they let other characters(Dany/Sam/Arya) catch up. Another thought is I bet they don't want Jon's absence after he is stabbed to be as long as GRRM's in TWOW. So they will try to elongate Jon/Stannis while Danny gets herself out of the knot in Meereen.

Meereen is being sped up so we can expect a season 5 battle for Meereen and the wall is being slowed so we can expect a season 6 battle for Ice.

We won't have time for a LC election. We could potentially see a Winterfell offer from Stannis. That would be a good way to end the season, although I'm not sure we'll have time for it.

It really seems like D&D have chosen to slow down the Storyline at the Wall with Stannis and Jon. There is enough material @ the Wall to do this while they let other characters(Dany/Sam/Arya) catch up. Another thought is I bet they don't want Jon's absence after he is stabbed to be as long as GRRM's in TWOW. So they will try to elongate Jon/Stannis while Danny gets herself out of the knot in Meereen.

Meereen is being sped up so we can expect a season 5 battle for Meereen and the wall is being slowed so we can expect a season 6 battle for Ice.

We won't have time for a LC election. We could potentially see a Winterfell offer from Stannis. That would be a good way to end the season, although I'm not sure we'll have time for it.

According to the trailers we'll have a Melisandre in Castle Black scene so I'm pretty sure we'll have the Winterfell offer. They don't actually have that many storylines to close in episode 10 since most likely Sansa and the Boltons have already been closed, and Jon and Stannis and Brienne and Arya are merged. Plus the extra 10/15 minutes.

Of all the storylines in AFFC/ADWD everything at the Wall would be the easiest to extend. There's the election, scenes with Stannis before he leaves, sending someone (probably Tormund) to convince the Wildlings to come through the Wall, dealing with the aftermath of that, Hardhome, and 'For the Watch'. If everything at Craster's could be extended as much as it was, I'm sure Hardhome could be as well. Meereen is harder to extend so it will probably be wrapped up in season 5 and the North in season 6.

Archived