Dating Triple-Ex-Eye

Yagathai

I'd avoid the shirtless pic, a lot of girls seem against them. At the end of the day, no girl will ot reply because you're wearing a top.

Glad to hear your date went well Ded as Ned. Sorry Viking hasnt lived up as well, Mandy, though I think a few/most of us in this thread were wary of how excited you were by a guy you hadnt met. But at least youve got your eyes open about him.

Date with PHD girl went well. We both had a laugh on entering the small cinema - she'd suggested I book tickets in case it was busy which I did. It was almost empty.

She didnt like the film much ("Frank") but it was her choice. Wasnt a lot of choices for dinner in Dundee, we ended up in a Chinese buffet place which was good but nothing great.

We walked for a bit laer and she missed her bus. Promising if it meant the chat was so good we lost track of time, less so if she just has shitty timekeping :p

She got the next one and i headed home by train. She almost cancelled due to recurring diziness problem, so no alcohol involved. Kiss was on the lips but very quick.

I half-expected this date not to go ahead. This was date 3 and to be honest I'm surprised we got this far. Distance is an issue. Her tutorial work ends end of May so she'll just be doing her phd work, hopefully that will make things easier to arrange. If we meet again i think it will be time to discuss if/how we go forward.

Shirtless pics, puke. I love a man with a good chest and arms, but I personally would rather discover that for myself than have him showing it off to everyone. Every time I see a hot guy without a shirt I only think "put your goddamn shirt on this isn't the beach". I would hate to see that right away in a profile.

I think a shirtless pic is fine so long as it's not the main profile pic. Put it at the bottom of the photos page for those who want to see more of you, and like Chats said it should be a picture where being shirtless makes sense in context ie. a picture taken at the beach.

yep, this. When I was dating I tried to put the most flattering picture forward - it happened to actually be one with a woman in it with me. I got alot of responses saying it made people responding feel more comfortable because it showed I was someone who was confident and social.

If I'd had a shirtless picture I thought was flattering, it would have been down the list.

Okay, well... it makes me think that they are first and foremost interested in sex. They're interested in advertising their body... and to me that says that's the thing they are most interested in, since they're assuming that's what we're interested in. Also, if they're willing to show everyone their body, it makes me think they may have a tendency to be a little more free with the sexxors? I don't want a hoebag for a date, you know what I mean?

Maybe I'm not explaining this very well lol I think it's more about perception.

Well it's good to get the idea across at least somewhat one isn't prudish isn't it?

yep, this. When I was dating I tried to put the most flattering picture forward - it happened to actually be one with a woman in it with me. I got alot of responses saying it made people responding feel more comfortable because it showed I was someone who was confident and social.

If I'd had a shirtless picture I thought was flattering, it would have been down the list.

Better yet, for the brief spell I braved a dating site I posted a pic of me with my three little nieces at Disneyland. That got all kinds of response... from the exact kind of women I have no desire to date.:)

In other news... I had my annual physical Exam this morning and my doctor is quite attractive, and so is her assistant. Being this was my first PE given by a lady doctor I was unsure how certain parts of the exam would go. It was really cool having my junk held by a cute doctor while her assistant looked on, and even the thumb up my ass part of the exam wasn't so bad. Over all it was a pretty good date.:)

On my way home I did feel a bit used, like I was an object.

But I'll get over it.

I'm also a little appalled that Mr. Commercial Litigation didn't reach out today and even say hello...

*hmph*

It's not like I'm high maintenance, I think it's polite to reach out after you sleep with someone and say "hope your day is going well" or something.

Maybe he's fully aware of how poor the sex was and feels too embarrassed? :dunno:

I'm also a little appalled that Mr. Commercial Litigation didn't reach out today and even say hello...

*hmph*

It's not like I'm high maintenance, I think it's polite to reach out after you sleep with someone and say "hope your day is going well" or something.

Maybe he's embarrassed about his bad performance...

I always have a lot of shrinkage at the doc's office. I'd probably pass.

To be honest with you, the shrinkage thing was in full force.

They keep the doctor's office so damn cold! When she asked me to undress to my boxers and then left the room, well, I did sort of give myself a good jiggle to get things a little plumper.

The penis, it is a fickle mistress indeed.:)

To be honest with you, the shrinkage thing was in full force.

They keep the doctor's office so damn cold! When she asked me to undress to my boxers and then left the room, well, I did sort of give myself a good jiggle to get things a little plumper.

The penis, it is a fickle mistress indeed. :)

At least when you fluff yourself with a female doctor you don't the same awkwardness if you try that with a male doctor. If you go too far he'll wonder what's going on.

For me, I have not meshed well, personality-wise, with guys that put themselves on display to garner lots of attention. Good-looking and takes care of themselves? Awesome, I can appreciate that. But a guy that is looking for a girl that is going to fawn over his muscles is not going to find an audience in me - and that's fine, since in that case I'm probably not what he wants, either.

Well it's good to get the idea across at least somewhat one isn't prudish isn't it?

Wait, so having profile pictures in which one is clothed in each image equals prude?

Archived