Glad to see The Mountain is moisturizing - see how young he looks!

Um, Conan Stevens is taller than Hafthor Bjornsson, though he weighs about 80-100 lbs less. Conan definitely had a meaner looking face that fit the Mountain better, IMO.

Hafthor is WAY better than Ian Whyte.

Maybe, but the way they filmed it (with the low angles, and no full body shots) made Bjornsson look freakishly tall, while Stevens just looked pretty tall.

Opinions and statements vary, but I believe the general consensus is that Conan Stevens refused to come back for the Season 2 cameo, because he was filming The Hobbit movies in New Zealand, and the production decided never to hire him again.

The season 2 cameo is understandable for another actor.

Would have been nice to have Conan back for Season 4, since this time we actually have to see the Mountain's face :(

Maybe, but the way they filmed it (with the low angles, and no full body shots) made Bjornsson look freakishly tall, while Stevens just looked pretty tall.

To be fair, the only character we see Stevens standing next to is Sandor Clegane, who is pretty tall as it is. Bjornsson's standing next to Cersei.

Apart from killing more innocents in 20 seconds than both other actors combined?

Its the way you do it. He did not sell it. When he spoke to Cersei he didn't sell it. When Mountain one cut off the head of that horse you believed he was a vicious sadistic monster. Conan Stevens sells it, this new guy does not.

Why the fuck didn't they just keep his helmet on?

The guy looks massive and imposing, but yeah, he's too young. That's fine. The character coincidentally happens to have an iconic suit of imposing black armour to conceal this. I mean shit, the guy had one line. Why was it necessary to show his face at all in that scene?

For a show that dumbs down dialogue because it thinks its audience is too stupid to grasp a few subtleties, it sure does like confusing them in more pointless and avoidable ways.

This scene was embarrassing.

That's all I have to say about it.

It really was. It just felt so silly. It took me out of Kings Landing and into giggling for a few minutes because it was just that bad.

Bet Conan is kicking himself in the ass now that his performance in the Hobbit got completely removed and reduced by PJ to another CGI Jar Jar looking orc.

LOL, I second this!

But seriously, Conan WAS the Mountain. As disappointing as it is, I still think Hafthor did a great job. The way he silently shook his head after being told "Does it matter"... That's the closest we've gotten to the Mountain since season 1, IMO.

I didn't think he was that bad. I think the head shake was subtle enough to be convincing.

Look, they picked some strongman kid to fill a role. Don't hate on him. Hate on Conan, he's the one that pulled the plug for a "better" gig. It's no ones fault but his own. he thought being in a Peter Jackson movie, caked in make up and prosthetic so he's unrecognizable would be better for his career (seemed like a great idea right?).

I didn't think he was that bad. I think the head shake was subtle enough to be convincing.

Look, they picked some strongman kid to fill a role. Don't hate on him. Hate on Conan, he's the one that pulled the plug for a "better" gig. It's no ones fault but his own. he thought being in a Peter Jackson movie, caked in make up and prosthetic so he's unrecognizable would be better for his career (seemed like a great idea right?).

Except Conan's Hobbit role was not the reason they didn't ask him back? He even said that himself. It's more likely he didn't get on with D&D as was apparently said by one of the extras at the tourney.

Except Conan's Hobbit role was not the reason they didn't ask him back? He even said that himself. It's more likely he didn't get on with D&D as was apparently said by one of the extras at the tourney.

It's still his fault he left then. Not the new kids. If he was that difficult to work with that he's seemingly the only person to have beef w/ D&D out of a cast of hundreds...

I don't entirely buy the Hobbit not being the reason either, sounds like something Conan would say to cover for a poor career choice that sounded good at the time.

Archived