Glad to see The Mountain is moisturizing - see how young he looks!

Also rumour has it that Conan Stevens is a bit of a wanker and a nightmare to work with, aggressive etc...which would explain why he was essentially dropped from two major productions.

That's why he's perfect for the Mountain role lol.

Where else he got dropped?

On the bright side I suppose he's balding slightly at the front, and his beard is quite good. Further gripe I suppose is that they did such a good cgi job getting rid of the tats, seems daft not to have added a wrinkle or two to his face?

It's okay that he looks younger, I don't care that much about that. The scene where he is reintroduced was moronic though. Why was he slaughtering peasant prisoners right outside the walls of King's Landing / Red Keep. LOL.

That's why he's perfect for the Mountain role lol.

Where else he got dropped?

Yeah, I imagine all of us would be glad to have a guy like the mountain as a co-worker....

I think the only mistake was to show him without helmet in the scene. He looks perfect in the duel, but shirtless he does look young. Doesn't bother me much though.

It's okay that he looks younger, I don't care that much about that. The scene where he is reintroduced was moronic though. Why was he slaughtering peasant prisoners right outside the walls of King's Landing / Red Keep. LOL.

"You know the way we haven't bothered to give him any screen time since Season 2. Well here's that guy who is meant to be a giant evil c**t. Here he is just slaughtering prisoners because he is an evil man. Yeah that will make you hate him. No? How about The Hound reminds you of who he is. No? Small little history lesson from Oberyn. Well its the best we can do when we write ourselves into a corner constantly".

I think this is the jist of it.

The actor who plays The Mountain, Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, is a 6'8" tall 400lb serial "World's Strongest Man" medal winner and the strongest man in Iceland.

I wonder how he would feel if he knew that the main criticism die-hard novel fans have of him is that he's too "cuddly" "pretty" "young" "likeable" and generally not menacing enough.

Amused I hope.

He probably has people IRL looking at him all day thinking "holy shit that guy's monstrous". :lol:

ETA

Like others have noted his entrance scene is pretty jarring and felt to me like gore for the sake of it.

It would have been awesome if they'd shown us the scene with him and his men in the alehouse. It could've been set in KL or even on his way to it and would have made a nice visual mirror to The Hound's fight a few episodes ago. But I guess slicing the guts out of some chained peasants is more succinct.

They must've used CGI to remove his tats.

Probably makeup. Leana heady has a ton of ink, some of which iirc is on her neck, yet you'd never know it from any of her other roles (since Cersei is mostly covered). Doubt they spent CGI budget on removing tattoos.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/03/05/article-2573532-1C0B80EC00000578-483_306x477.jpg

They cover tattoos all the time.

Jason Momoa...you never saw Drogo w/ any of this and he was always shirtless....though most of the foreamr stuff was probably covered in the braces.

http://peninajoy.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/jason_momoa_105_.jpg

Same. Wish they'd made some little comment to explain though, because it was very jarring.

Well I saw Gold Cloaks pushing them into fighting, and they'd laid down crude weapons for them to "defend themselves" with. I just assumed they were criminals to be executed but instead they made a little game of it to give Gregor some practice/fun.

Well I saw Gold Cloaks pushing them into fighting, and they'd laid down crude weapons for them to "defend themselves" with. I just assumed they were criminals to be executed but instead they made a little game of it to give Gregor some practice/fun.

Torture, torture, torture.

Probably makeup. Leana heady has a ton of ink, some of which iirc is on her neck, yet you'd never know it from any of her other roles (since Cersei is mostly covered). Doubt they spent CGI budget on removing tattoos.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/03/05/article-2573532-1C0B80EC00000578-483_306x477.jpg

They cover tattoos all the time.

Jason Momoa...you never saw Drogo w/ any of this and he was always shirtless....though most of the foreamr stuff was probably covered in the braces.

http://peninajoy.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/jason_momoa_105_.jpg

I knew about Lena. (In fact , did she do those when she was very young? Because even as artistic as they are, and as maverick as she is, does not seem to fit her personality, at least now.)

Am not the least surprised about Jason... funny thing is , from the look of those tatoos they could have just let him keep em!... and given all the other Dothraki some tattoos!

Fits the Dothraki tribal style anyway ... they are sort of nomadic bikers anyway.

Also rumour has it that Conan Stevens is a bit of a wanker and a nightmare to work with, aggressive etc...which would explain why he was essentially dropped from two major productions.

Where did you see that?

Can you site a reference?

Because saw an interview with him in 2013 and came of as a very intellegent and articulate person.

On production in season 1 I heard of no complaints about him.

Now he may be a hard biz man, but that's another matter.

Archived