Game of Thrones Eyes Spain

Westeros

E1: Ellaria arrives at Dorne with Oberyn's remains, we are introduced to Doran. The funeral is held and the Sand Snakes make a scene- trying to convince Doran to take revenge.

E3: Arianne sees Quentyn and Doran plotting, confronts Quentyn- he says he's leaving Sunspear. Angrily, she finds the Sand Snakes and tell them that they need to make a move on their own, suggesting Myrcella. A Myrcella/Trystane scene (playing cyvasse?) with Arys Oakheart guarding them- Arianne barges in and asks to speak with Oakheart. They bang and she tells him about the Dance of the Dragons, convincing him to be the Queenmaker. Later, Doran is informed that Myrcella is gone along with Arianne, the Sand Snakes and Oakheart.

I love the idea of using Ellaria, a character already introduced, to connect the show-only viewers to the Dornish storyline. Adding Oberyn's remains is a nice touch too. I also like the idea of including the Sand Snakes in the Myrcella plot. It helps cut back on the number of new, unimportant characters.

and to stay on topic, I think Spain would be a WONDERFUL venue to help depict this!

Damn. Well, hopefully the amount of Dorne will be kept to a minimum. Fingers crossed for Aegon and the Iron Islands being cut.

I understand thinking they could cut the Iron Islands (most of what they contribute could be off-screen), but I don't understand how anyone could read ADwD and think that Dorne and Aegon are of little significance. They're HUGELY important - far moreso than the Lannisters or the Tyrells now.

And really, why would they even cut him? He's mostly in Tyrion's scenes, and they're obviously going to continue giving Dinklage a lot of screentime, so it works out fine. Then he has, what, an extra two scenes (meeting the Golden Company and invading Griffin's Roost)? So please tell me what they have to gain by cutting him.

Seriously, cutting Aegon would be like cutting Renly. It's a terrible suggestion, and luckily it won't happen - there would be no point having Varys or the Dornish characters around if Aegon was ultimately expendable... and that scene between Varys and Oberyn in the throne room was clear foreshadowing of Aegon's arrival.

Damn. Well, hopefully the amount of Dorne will be kept to a minimum. Fingers crossed for Aegon and the Iron Islands being cut.

That only leaves The Wall, Braavos (which is the part I like best) and a ton of Essos stuff Dany's stuff (which needs a whole lot of invention), Tryion's Traveloge, which I think will be condensed.

aI agree about Aegon , Geroge is now just too indulgent to his whims of 'writeing to the last Kitchen Sink', he needs to pare the story ond converge arcs.

Since almost nothing, for me, happens at KL, adding Dorne is fine with me.

The Ironborn are about the only SPICE left in the in terms of wacho story telling.

Seriously, cutting Aegon would be like cutting Renly. It's a terrible suggestion, and luckily it won't happen - there would be no point having Varys or the Dornish characters around if Aegon was ultimately expendable... and that scene between Varys and Oberyn in the throne room was clear foreshadowing of Aegon's arrival.

When reading the books I hoped Renly's story would be that he would side with his brother but be killed at the Blackwater.

That side story was a closed loop that went nowhere.

When reading the books I hoped Renly's story would be that he would side with his brother but be killed at the Blackwater.

Except driving the Tyrells to the Lannisters, cementing Mel's powers, setting up Brienne's arc, preventing Robb from joining with the Baratheons, etc

SerArthurHeath has already shown why you're wrong, but one crucial result of Renly's death was its effect on Stannis: not only is he physically weaker from the blood magic, he is morally weaker as a kinslayer, something that continues to haunt him and will no doubt play a role in the conclusion of his arc.

I just read on a local newspaper that confirms HBO's GOT team was in Almeria "some months ago" looking for locations. It mentions Almeria being suitable for places related to Daenerys and of course, Dorne (it's the woman in charge of the Culture Dept of Almeria who says this). The report also says they've been looking out in other countries as well, and that it's not decided if it's going to be in Spain yet. Anyway, I hope so!

http://www.ideal.es/almeria/20140522/local/almeria/visito-localizaciones-almeria-hace-201405221254.html

I love the idea of using Ellaria, a character already introduced, to connect the show-only viewers to the Dornish storyline. Adding Oberyn's remains is a nice touch too. I also like the idea of including the Sand Snakes in the Myrcella plot. It helps cut back on the number of new, unimportant characters.

and to stay on topic, I think Spain would be a WONDERFUL venue to help depict this!

Ellaria accompanies Oberyn's remains back to Dorne in the books and appears in the Dornish chapters. It wouldn't be an invented plot for the show.

The whole ASOIAF series is full of plots that interweave, some seem important but end more quickly than expected whereas some seem trivial but burst into life with a single twist. I'd be wary of leaving out any plot strand. They are all relevant to the intricacies of the overarching world and story.

I have a feeling I'm gonna have a massive desire to visit Spain after season 5. I mean, from what I've seen and heard it's already a beautiful country, but seeing it on Game of Thrones, which often brings out the best of places, will increase that desire even more. I'm one of the (seemingly) few people that love all the Dorne stuff, so I hope heaps of time is spent there in season 5. I love Arianne and Doran, and can't wait to see Myrcella again (even though she's a fairly minor character). Also, the only time I'll ever approve of gratuitous sexposition scenes on this show is with the Sank Snakes and Arianne, tbh. I think I'm more excited for Dorne and the Martells in season 5 than anything else on the show.

I still puzzle over Iceland for season 4, yes I know it's beautiful and exotic , but most of that shooting could have been done in NI.

Maybe they signed a three year deal?

They better did. I heard something like "Winter is coming!" :idea:

Archived