The concept of promiscuity

Nowise as arrogant as you proclaiming how we're all sluts. You think it's OK because reasons and in your view the word doesn't need to be negative, but that's like me calling you an idiot with the reasoning that hey, I don't think the word "idiot" is negative.

Maybe one day we'll realize we're all idiots! You can get a head start on that process of awakening. Show us the way.

It's completely your choice whether to be offended or not at something as subjective as slut.

I mean, are you one of those people who would judge/discriminate/disrespect others based on number of partners they had?

It's completely your choice whether to be offended or not at something as subjective as slut.

I mean, are you one of those people who would judge/discriminate/disrespect others based on number of partners they had?

Sure sure, and it's completely your choice whether to be offended or not if you are called an idiot.

Sure sure, and it's completely your choice whether to be offended or not if you are called an idiot.

I'm not offended, simply because you don't really have any argument behind calling me that. Furthermore, what also matters is the intention with which you say it. IF you say it to insult me, that's one thing, if you say it without insulting me, that's different.

I can call myself a slut and that would be a fact. Personally I don't think I'm an idiot. I am not very smart, but not too stupid.

PA,

"Slut" is a pretty pejorative term.

Not really, it's becoming less and less of an insult. Many people including myself don't consider it an insult at all.

I'm not telling you what to do in sex, I am telling you that if you don't like going down on women but expect women to go down on you then you are hypocritical. If you are fine with women feeling that it's disgusting and not doing it then you are fine.

As for the whore thing, sure use it to mean arbitrary things different to what the word actually means, I'm sure no one will never get the wrong idea from that!

ETA: And I'm fine with being arrogant enough to call your stance on being a slut yet refusing to marry one hypocritical. I'm not telling you that you need to change, just pointing out hypocrisy. BTW that's using your definition of slut, another word for which you are using a completely different definition to another else here.

Nowise as arrogant as you proclaiming how we're all sluts. You think it's OK because reasons and in your view the word doesn't need to be negative, but that's like me calling you an idiot with the reasoning that hey, I don't think the word "idiot" is negative.

Maybe one day we'll realize we're all idiots! You can get a head start on that process of awakening. Show us the way.

there's a slutwalk. do we have an idiotwalk?

I'm not offended, simply because you don't really have any argument behind calling me that. Furthermore, what also matters is the intention with which you say it. IF you say it to insult me, that's one thing, if you say it without insulting me, that's different.

I can call myself a slut and that would be a fact. Personally I don't think I'm an idiot. I am not very smart, but not too stupid.

There are quite a number of derogatory slurs and epithets that offend people, the haphazard and unthinking users of such words are to blame - not the victims or targets of their idiocy.

You don't think the word slut is offensive, you think it's "subjective" - which is irrelevant. As a Jew, I'm probably not as offended by the use of ethnic slurs targeting Jews as I might have been, but that doesn't mean people who are offended should just grow thicker skins cuz the word is subjective or whatever. You don't get to arbitrarily decide that a word is no longer offensive and then label great swathes of people - all of them, as it happens - with that word. That's an idiotic chain of thinking. People who use offensive labels own all the responsibility that comes from when those labels offend. This goes for "idiot" just as much as "slut," which was the argument you don't think I made but which had simply gone right over your head.

I'm not telling you what to do in sex, I am telling you that if you don't like going down on women but expect women to go down on you then you are hypocritical.

I'm quite sure you're not. At least unless you're boasting around about how great pussy-eater you are.

If you are honest about it, then by definition you are not hypocrite.

ETA: And I'm fine with being arrogant enough to call your stance on being a slut yet refusing to marry one hypocritical. I'm not telling you that you need to change, just pointing out hypocrisy.

What's hypocritical about it? Without some kinda of slut-shaming it's just a matter of personal preference. If virgin seeking first sexual partner is hypocritical, because he/she should get some experience before he/she would demand it? Really.

I'm quite sure you're not. At least unless you're boasting around about how great pussy-eater you are.

If you are honest about it, then by definition you are not hypocrite.

What's hypocritical about it? Without some kinda of slut-shaming it's just a matter of personal preference. If virgin seeking first sexual partner is hypocritical, because he/she should get some experience before he/she would demand it? Really.

I just have a feeling some people want to police others' relationships.

Eh, I'm with WWoW. Different strokes. Some folks like giving but not receiving also, right? No worries as long as the info is trotted out before hand. If not they are officially terrible people and posters detailing how shitty they are and why should be hung all over to warn the unsuspecting townsfolk. It would certainly be a deal breaker for me.

It may not be hypocritical but it is rather shitty. "Put your mouth all over my penis cause it's awesome but don't even think about me doing the same to your vagina cause it's nasty." Therefore, not hypocritical but shitty.

Seriously?

And if I, for example, only liked giving oral sex and not receiving, would that be shitty too? Cause I know lots of women who are shitty that way. Gotta go tell them that in order to stop being shitty they should have the kind of sex they don't want.\

I am baffled as hell that we're even arguing about this.

Also, who said oral sex is nasty? I just stated that a person can respect and not find a sexual act nasty, but still not fucking want to perform it, and that's their own business.

How about everyone has consensual sexual acts and not fucking judge others on what they like/consent to or not?

Also, who said oral sex is nasty? I just stated that a person can respect and not find a sexual act nasty, but still not fucking want to perform it, and that's their own business.

You've also stated you don't enjoy sex at all but have it anyway. So can I ask what the difference is here?

when it comes to love and sex, failure to reciprocate is generally seen as a tragedy

sure, there are unique circumstances that could easily change the interpretation of the relationship,

However, when someone doesn't reciprocate (sex and/or love) , the other party gets hurt.

It's pretty logical, I don't see what's so baffling about it.

PA,

If someone doesn't think performing Cunningulus is nasty why would they object to performing it?

That's not a question you get to ask. "Cause I don't want to" is answer enough?

Maybe it's because I'm not in the mood, maybe it's because I don't want to do it with you specifically, maybe it's because my jaw hurts, either way, none of your business. [but FYI all of these are my actual reasons for not doing cunnilingus very often]

Are we seriously talking about WHY I or anyone else could possibly not give consent to a sexual act? Cause, you know that's rapey as fuck, right?

You've also stated you don't enjoy sex at all but have it anyway. So can I ask what the difference is here?

This is pretty personal, but as I've mentioned before, orgasm is a stress reducer for me. I also like to keep my partners happy.

Look, sex is a 2 way street of consent.

I don't force any woman to do blowjobs for me. If they don't want to, they don't want to. I don't promise anything back, I don't have to. I have zero sexual expectations out of any relationship. If a woman hates giving blowjobs, I don't want her to do it. And I expect the same understanding from her if she wants to stay with me.

Is this really that difficult? No, I'm still baffled.

Solo,

yes.

also, color me nosey, but I just have to ask, this love of the thesaurus, this logophilia I guess, is it a fetish thing?

I'm just curious, and I'm being serious here without a hint of sass, do you talk to your wife/friends/family that way? like, at the bank? to the person bagging your groceries? when a cop pulls you over for speeding, do you mention your hamartia with respect to the gas pedal?

just wondering

Archived