The concept of promiscuity

Solo,

yes.

also, color me nosey, but I just have to ask, this love of the thesaurus, this logophilia I guess, is it a fetish thing?

I'm just curious, and I'm being serious here without a hint of sass, do you talk to your wife/friends/family that way? like, at the bank? to the person bagging your groceries? when a cop pulls you over for speeding, do you mention your hamartia with respect to the gas pedal?

just wondering

this has been bugging me for about a year now, thank you for asking. i get flashbacks of the SAT vocabulary list when I see his posts.

Great argument I read against the whole "master key/bad lock" analogy:

In practice, such an analogy is self-defeating and simply cannot function. This is because of the fact that large numbers of men and women exist. It is unreasonable to assume that, among the class of all men, only one of them operates as a "master key" with a heightened ability to draw the affections of women. It would be much more likely that such abilities fall somewhere along a curve, with a reliable minority of the male population having such elevated "master key" appeal - there would not be a mere handful of these individuals scattered throughout the entire population.

This means there is very likely to be "overlap". As women are autonomous persons and these higher-appeal men do not possess realms of women under their sole control, some women may find multiple "master keys" appealing. That is, after all, the desire of these "master key" men - that many women should find them appealing. Yet when they do, it is entirely possible that a given woman could find more than one of these (purportedly) higher-appeal men to be attractive, because of their higher appeal.

Consequently, due to their goal of wishing to "unlock" many women's affections, this will inevitably result in many women being designated as "bad locks" for being attracted to these men who want women to be attracted to them. Their success at this objective necessarily results in many women failing to meet the presumed standard of single-key-access that these men have imposed upon them. They cannot have this both ways.

If men wish to envision themselves as roving, nomadic erections that all women will throw themselves at, they cannot accurately assume that they as an individual are the sole object of women's desire. If such "master keys" exist, "bad locks" are the natural result and can hardly be blamed for the intentions of these self-imagined "master keys". Likewise, if no one were to be considered a "bad lock" and all were instead only accessible to a single "key", this would preclude such "master keys" from existing. That would simply no longer be possible.

They want the ability to "unlock" many women's sexual consent. They have failed to recognize the inevitable result when this is universalized. If they all want to be "master keys", this will in fact create "bad locks". There's probably some way of mathematically modeling this.

This also fails to account for the fact that non-heterosexual desires and relationships exist.

Is this really that difficult? No, I'm still baffled.

Is reading my fucking post that hard? You said in this post you don't expect to receive it, congratulations that means you aren't a hypocrit the way I frame it. It's the expectation of something that you aren't willing to do that I see as hypocritical, not the preference to not do that thing.

I'm not offended, simply because you don't really have any argument behind calling me that. Furthermore, what also matters is the intention with which you say it. IF you say it to insult me, that's one thing, if you say it without insulting me, that's different.

I can call myself a slut and that would be a fact. Personally I don't think I'm an idiot. I am not very smart, but not too stupid.

Not really, it's becoming less and less of an insult. Many people including myself don't consider it an insult at all.

Funnily enough, "misogynist" is becoming less and less of an insult. I don't consider including you as one as an insult at all either.

A person can do whatever actions they wish within reason, as long as they don't regret it afterwards.

If they regret, it was probably a bad idea in the first place, but there's nothing you can do but move on and 'learn' from your mistakes, no one is perfect.

However, i would regard men and women exactly the same, if a man wants a loyal and faithful partner with little sexual experience, he should conduct himself in a similar way and not be privy to double standards, the same goes to women, but i don't see how past relationships which are dead are anyone's business anymore.

Oh PA,

You try so hard. Your online persona is poorly crafted. Yet you try so hard. You should stop.

What baffles me is how fucking thick you are. Actually, let me take that back. This place gives you a forum to live out your wish fulfillment. I've met guys like you, running in the circles I do, I get to meet your ilk. Probably not that well like when you were young, might still be a bit of an outcast, but has an image of what a 'man' should be, both in action and word. Your think speaking of your sexual conquests on an internet forum lets you live up to those standards, but you and I both know that the last you got laid a white man was in the oval office.

I know better. You're a small person, and I'm sad for you. You have my pity. You'll mature at some point, and realize how fucking silly, and outright embarrassing this time in your life has been.

Or fuck it, keep reading your Maxim and crafting fairy tales to push onto the plebes.

Should we edit the title of this thread to 'PA's Playground' because the whole thing has been PA desperately trying to re-hash the same old frustrating, narrow-minded, heteronormative soulless bullshit arguments he uses in every single thread that mentions women, men, dating, feminism, relationships - basically a lot of bloody threads where we are forced to read the same crap again and again.

I get that times have been tough since the hot tub camera was shut down and Snooki is the only one who's been able to make anything of herself, relatively speaking, but The Jersey Shore is over, man. Time to move on.

If a man wants a loyal and faithful partner with little sexual experience, he should conduct himself in a similar way and not be privy to double standards, the same goes to women, but i don't see how past relationships which are dead are anyone's business anymore.

Or, he could find a virgin who wants a man with lots of sexual experience.

Both of them are then happy.

Cause, ya know, logic is good.

Should we edit the title of this thread to 'PA's Playground' because the whole thing has been PA desperately trying to re-hash the same old frustrating, narrow-minded, heteronormative soulless bullshit arguments he uses in every single thread that mentions women, men, dating, feminism, relationships - basically a lot of bloody threads where we are forced to read the same crap again and again.

Feel free to elaborate instead of insulting?

If anything, I believe I'm by far the most progressive/accepting and least discriminative of everyone who pitched in this thread. And that's just objectively counting all the insults/judging being thrown around.

to be fair, responses to PA have pretty much been reduced to direct insults pages ago. he has yet to do the same.

I have a feeling my opinions get a lot of knee jerk reaction because I often describe the way things are, not necessarily how I want them to be... but people still assume these are my personal views. I've repeatedly stated that I'm of feminist ideals, strive to have least discrimination/judging and most gender equality in my life as well as do what I can to provide people of any gender with most choice and ability to have a life without pressure. And yet there is a shitstorm every time.

The other big problem is that many posters and actually I notice same thing in real life are judgmental of personal matters of others in which they absolutely have no business in... including the slut thing, the primary matter in this thread.

Pretty much everyone rationally agrees that being a slut is not wrong, and then, ironically some come back to judge someone for not wanting to have oral sex. There is a very clear disconnect in respecting personal and societal choices.

Archived