Small questions v.10082

Angalin

Hi, this is my first post.

A simple question has been bugging me for quite a long time and that question is because i am posting today.

i am quite a big fan of the theory regarding ice being the starks and fire being the targaryen in Song of Ice and fire name. but this thing bugged me quite a lot after going through forums.

Bloodraven was son of a targaryen and a blackwood and he is only known green seer in the targ line.

similarly we have not seen any green seer in the stark line in near past. bran is a green seer and his brothers and sisters possible wargs.

if go back to parentage of stark children we again see that they are product of stark and tully parenthood. again common family is a riverland family (possibly tullies and whents are involved in their blood).

now blackwood are ancient house and similarly mother of catelyn was whent another old house.

is there any theory regarding this thing that some inner powers of starks and targ are increased when they come in relationship with other (possibliy riverland) houses.

A simple question has been bugging me for quite a long time and that question is because i am posting today.

i am quite a big fan of the theory regarding ice being the starks and fire being the targaryen in Song of Ice and fire name. but this thing bugged me quite a lot after going through forums.

Bloodraven was son of a targaryen and a blackwood and he is only known green seer in the targ line.

similarly we have not seen any green seer in the stark line in near past. bran is a green seer and his brothers and sisters possible wargs.

if go back to parentage of stark children we again see that they are product of stark and tully parenthood. again common family is a riverland family (possibly tullies and whents are involved in their blood).

now blackwood are ancient house and similarly mother of catelyn was whent another old house.

is there any theory regarding this thing that some inner powers of starks and targ are increased when they come in relationship with other (possibliy riverland) houses.

Welcome! :)

Looking specifically and only at ancestory, we've recently gotten a preview look at the Stark family tree, which gives Melantha Blackwood as the great-great-grandmother of the current Stark children. We don't know what is necessary to become a greenseer, or warg, but in these two cases (Bloodraven and Stark children), Blackwood ancestory seems to be the common factor. I doubt we will have to look at the all the Houses in the Riverlands.

Hope this helps! Can't think of any thread on the topic at the moment, unfortunately, so I can't tell you if one exists already.

Edit: Here you'll find the family tree. Last page of the link ;)

Curious about legitimising bastards, was this the province of only monarchs or could the high born parent do it their own selves (seems a bit nasty if a parent can't name their son or daughter as their legit child, only acknowledge them).

I checked Westeros wiki, but its not entirely clear imo.

Traditionally reserved seems to suggest that its possible that non-monarchs can do it, but usually don't. but perhaps thats just semantics on my part.

Again, maybe semantics, but it suggests that Eddard could legitimise Jon if he had wanted to.... Or perhaps it just means he could've requested it of Robert but didn't, but its not really clear.

And then I wonder if a bastard could be legitimised, by a king or whoever, if the bastard it not acknowledged, like Gendry for instance.

Only a king can legitimatize someone, the wiki is just poorly worded there. Tommen or Joffrey legitimizes Ramsey, his father cannot on his own.

^ Thanks.

i was not knowing about Melantha Blackwood.

so this somehow narrows it down. so blackwood house might have something related to green seeing (what ever it is) as both green seers have common blackwood blood in their ancestral line.

Can somebody tell me why the Hooded Man must be someone already know? Each time I read threads about him everybody are sure that he's not just a random northener who has seen Theon once

^ Thanks.

i was not knowing about Melantha Blackwood.

so this somehow narrows it down. so blackwood house might have something related to green seeing (what ever it is) as both green seers have common blackwood blood in their ancestral line.

The Blackwoods keep to the Old Gods, which is something that may be worth bearing in mind. Bloodraven is the result of Blackwood and Targaryen, which may mean nothing or everything. But if you hold to Old Gods are Ice, Targaryens are Fire, then its an interesting union to ponder.

[puts on his Bran Vras fanboy hat]

You might finds this interesting, too!

Can somebody tell me why the Hooded Man must be someone already know? Each time I read threads about him everybody are sure that he's not just a random northener who has seen Theon once

The encounter would be kind of pointless if it was just some northman. Also, would a random man-at-arms dare put his hand to his dagger when Theon is a Greyjoy, and the hostage of Roose?

Is it possible to get a list of all the posts one poster made in a specific topic?

So long as you arent on the mobile site yes. Go to a topic, and then use search with the filter "this topic" and type in the posters name. If the poster has a name that is too short (i.e. Ran) then it takes you to advanced search and there is a filter there you can use. I can't remember what the filter is but you'll know when you see it

ETA: I did it for tPatQ topic before :)

So long as you arent on the mobile site yes. Go to a topic, and then use search with the filter "this topic" and type in the posters name. If the poster has a name that is too short (i.e. Ran) then it takes you to advanced search and there is a filter there you can use

I've tried that, but that only turns up the posts in which the poster I'm looking for has been quoted. Not the posts of that poster.

I've tried that, but that only turns up the posts in which the poster I'm looking for has been quoted. Not the posts of that poster.

Type their name into the filter "find author" under the advanced search

That takes me out of the topic..

I'm certain I'm clicking a wrong button somewhere, but I don't know where it goes wrong :p

Its an odd way to do it, but if you try using the filter This Topic to start off with, and just type in something you know wont show up (like gdhchfhdh) then it should take you to the advanced search for that topic. Delete what you typed in the very top box and then try searching by author. That may work but I'm not sure :)

Remember my dev tracker idea? :P

Stalking Ran on these boards is so hard sometimes.

Yeah, how did that work again.. Can it be used on every poster?

Its an odd way to do it, but if you try using the filter This Topic to start off with, and just type in something you know wont show up (like gdhchfhdh) then it should take you to the advanced search for that topic. Delete what you typed in the very top box and then try searching by author. That may work but I'm not sure :)

I'll try that later today ;)

Yeah, how did that work again.. Can it be used on every poster?

The idea is that there would be a specific place where you can acces all of a few posters' ("devs") posts. In our case, this would mean easy access to each post by Ran and Linda.

So, nope, if it's another poster you're after you'd still have to work with Helena's method. :/

The idea is that there would be a specific place where you can acces all of a few posters' ("devs") posts. In our case, this would mean easy access to each post by Ran and Linda.

So, nope, if it's another poster you're after you'd still have to work with Helena's method. :/

I've seen that on other forum sites. We should appeal to Ran....

The closest we can get to that is Find Content I suppose

Archived