Small questions v.10082

Angalin

This is purely a technical question. Did Robb not break his Marriage Pact because it never existed in the first place, because Ned didn't sanction it (who obviously was Lord when the pact was made)??

On this note, how do marriage pacts technically work? Do the parents of both childs sign a document? Or is it all a oath by word?

And who controls the fate of say, the daughter of a lord - the lord, or the lord/king who that lord serves?

I'm doing a re-read of AGoT and I was wondering if anyone else finds it strange that Catelyn and Ser Rodrik didn't sail back to Winterfell from KL? Ned wants her to get home fast in case there is another attempt on Bran's life and sailing is so much quicker. It also seem much safer than just the two of them in the kings road?

Didn't Cat say she did it because it'd be cheaper and because she didn't want to put Rodrik through the misery of sailing again?

I feel like Rodrik and his horrible seasickness was invented just to get Cat on the road(to capture Tyrion) in the first place.

I really want to read the dunk & egg books but have had some trouble finding them. Preferably I would like to have them on either my nook or kindle but when I search for them I only find graphic novels. Is it a graphic novel? If not has anyone else had any luck finding the e-books? Maybe I'm searching the wrong titles or something...

I really want to read the dunk & egg books but have had some trouble finding them. Preferably I would like to have them on either my nook or kindle but when I search for them I only find graphic novels. Is it a graphic novel? If not has anyone else had any luck finding the e-books? Maybe I'm searching the wrong titles or something...

The first novella, The Hedge Knight if part of the anthology "Legends." It looks like there is a Kindle edition for 8 bucks.

The three D&E stories, in english at least, are in text format only available in anthologies. Legends (The Hedge Knight), Legends II (The Sworn Sword), and Warriors (The Mystery Knight). Next year, a book will be released featuring the three novella's together. For the first two, THK and TSS, there are graphic novels available.

Check the wikipedia-pages for all three stories for a list of most ISBN numbers you can find the stories in:

The Hedge Knight

The Sworn Sword

The Mystery Knight

This is purely a technical question. Did Robb not break his Marriage Pact because it never existed in the first place, because Ned didn't sanction it (who obviously was Lord when the pact was made)??

But Catelyn did agree to it :) So there was a parent who agreed to the pact. But also, this is a unique case. Usually you don't make marriage pacts under these conditions.

But Catelyn did agree to it :) So there was a parent who agreed to the pact. But also, this is a unique case. Usually you don't make marriage pacts under these conditions.

If I recall correctly Catlyn really put it as a question to Rob and Rob agreed. I think Catlyn acknowledged that she did not have the full authority to make the deal.

If I recall correctly Catlyn really put it as a question to Rob and Rob agreed. I think Catlyn acknowledged that she did not have the full authority to make the deal.

No, but if Catelyn had been completely against it, she most likely would have told Robb so. The ultimate decision was given to Robb, who was, after all, leading an army to war. The responsibility of arranging a marriage in order to continue your war, seems right up with leading/commanding the actual army. Robb was ruling lord while Ned was away or imprisoned, after all.

Didn't Cat say she did it because it'd be cheaper and because she didn't want to put Rodrik through the misery of sailing again?

I feel like Rodrik and his horrible seasickness was invented just to get Cat on the road(to capture Tyrion) in the first place.

And I suspect inquiring after a ship would have given up the secret

I'm new to the boards and have been looking for some info on a couple of things.

1. Why did Tyria and Oros change from cities to ruined cities from SoS to DwD?

2. I saw this theory on YouTube:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6TBfdd_xNVo

I've been looking to see if anyone else has seen this or heard of this theory bc I find his break down of the brave companions very interesting.

Any info or links to these question would be much appreciated.

I'm new to the boards and have been looking for some info on a couple of things.

I've been looking to see if anyone else has seen this or heard of this theory bc I find his break down of the brave companions very interesting.

There are a lot of changes, Gulltown for instance go's from a town to a city from AGOT to ACOK, I think GRRM just has tons of stuff to figure out, I doubt 2 cities were actually sacked "off screen", but were adjusted in the map.

Welcome!

1. No idea. I had never noticed. Neither city has been mentioned in text, however, so I doubt they are important. I assume it must have been a mistake in Storm which was fixed for Dance, since both Tyria and Oros are located within destruction site of Valyria, where the Doom took place. The Lands of Ice and Fire give no specifics, but the depiction of both cities is the same as the depiction of Valyria itself, and Valyria is in ruins, we know.

2. That theory has been discussed here.

Just to add wrt Tyria and Oros. From the app:

Tyria is a ruined Valyrian city, found on the southern shore of the Smoking Sea.

Oros is a half ruined city in the Valyrian peninsula. At its height its majesty was second only to Valyria itself. There are still inhabitants but tales concerning them are few and often dark.

Tyria is a ruined Valyrian city, found on the southern shore of the Smoking Sea.

Oros is a half ruined city in the Valyrian peninsula. At its height its majesty was second only to Valyria itself. There are still inhabitants but tales concerning them are few and often dark.

Inhabitants in Oros? Well, that is a surprise :)

Is that from the app?

Archived