(BOOK SPOILERS) Predictions

furiousmoose0

Really bummed that they showed stan. I know if people pay attention, they know what he's doing, but now the surprose is going to have less of an effect. even the bravos thing is a total spoiler, but people won't know what it does, and they really didn't have any other way of bringing up the purpose of the coin.

I really hope we get a scene, either in this ep or next season of jon confronting the kid about ygritte.

Try week long.

Ah :) Well 2 more days!

I tried to find a pattern in the recaps that the first thing shown is what ends the episode but there were too many exceptions for it to be a rule. That plus the fact they didn't show Qyburn or allude to Tysha gives a sliver of LSH hope, I guess, though I still think we should try to avoid judging what's sure to be a solid from start-to-finish ep. solely on whether or not she appears.

To be honest I find the fact that it's extremely possible she is not in rather than it would be a shock if she is not in to speak volumes here. She should be in. Even the accelerated Brienne story points to that, even more so than the book. What does it say about writers when it's possible they wouldn't take a brilliant opportunity like that, which actually suits the narrative now?

So you're blaming D&D for internet rumors and trolling?

True, it's not all on them. But it's still partially on them.

The but where there has been no Stoneheart set-up at all. No Nymeria scene, no rumors of Freys in the Riverlands, no mention of the BWB's current affairs...

And now this recap. No BWB, no nothing.

What I deduce is that either D&D cut/delayed Stobeheart or their trolling our ass hard. Which is annoying. The bullshit internet rumors don't help either. I never once believed them, but they are just non-stop. That's not on D&D, though (unless they created accounts just to troll us).

But you're right I'll calm down a bit. Still angry, though.

Listen to the commentary reactions from Michelle again re: the red wedding.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBIAzBwadCc

So final. Such emotion.

The way the show is being produced seems to be headed towards "respecting" the strength of that storyline and that character by not going into zombie territory, but that's just me.

I feel like actress Michelle, by that point already having known whether or not she'd return the following year, would have had a different spin on the scene.

Mayhaps.

What are you saying with this ?

Well, I always assumed she'd be in because it's a huge plot point, and because the way Brienne's story was unfolding seemed to be leading there. But I do wish her build-up had been better.

However, there was always a thread that was like "no LS?" after each episode, so point taken (and I'd always jump in and argue that she'd be in E10, like in the books).

I assumed that LS was in once Lena posted her heart of stone picture.

Here's a piece of evidence against LSH showing up:

A couple days ago I brought info here that on twitter during the Summer someone said Paul Kaye was seen in Belfast and he looked like Thoros, meaning he had the beard and long hair. However I'd also heard then that he could've been shooting for a Dracula film that was shooting in Belfast as well. The fact is that him and Art Parkinson DID SHOOT for that movie and THAT IS WHY they were there. Though it's possible that one or both of them shot a bit for the show, their being there is by no means proof of involvement.

I agree with you there

But can anyone see the show taking a different path than the books? Maybe Jaime going to Dorne is just the start.

Yes but to where ? Seems to me, whatever happened with LS-Jaime-Brienne is important and will have an impact.

Though that video was released in 2014, most of those interviews were in the spring of 2013 before the season 4 scripts would even be finished or at least given out to the actors. Flicks and the City is full of shit in the way they manipulate info and hold back bits of interviews for months until they'd be more newsworthy.

They implied of course that Beric and Blackfish would be coming back by labelling their interviews with them from the spring 2013, taken before season 3 had ended, as season 4 casting.

Yes but to where ? Seems to me, whatever happened with LS-Jaime-Brienne is important and will have an impact.

I don't actually believe it, but we cannot rule out that D&D might even change events as big ones as that.

What am I even saying?...

Just ignore all of it, please

Though that video was released in 2014, most of those interviews were in the spring of 2013 before the season 4 scripts would even be finished or at least given out to the actors.

Thank you, you've ruined my hype :drunk:

Right. My feeling off this, and the sense that I got, was that the cast was torn up about losing Michelle. I just don't think LS fits in with the aesthetic the producers are establishing.

It would reveal quite a lot about the direction of the book and importance of the actual character if they cut LS, though. ..hmmm...

True, it's not all on them. But it's still partially on them.

The but where there has been no Stoneheart set-up at all. No Nymeria scene, no rumors of Freys in the Riverlands, no mention of the BWB's current affairs...

And now this recap. No BWB, no nothing.

What I deduce is that either D&D cut/delayed Stobeheart or their trolling our ass hard. Which is annoying. The bullshit internet rumors don't help either. I never once believed them, but they are just non-stop. That's not on D&D, though (unless they created accounts just to troll us).

But you're right I'll calm down a bit. Still angry, though.

No its not partially on them. They aren't making storyline decisions to troll people. Seriously? This is HBO's flagship show and you think they are making decisions just to annoy or troll people who have read the books? Have you ever thought that maybe they are just trying to keep it a surprise?

Right. My feeling off this, and the sense that I got, was that the cast was torn up about losing Michelle. I just don't think LS fits in with the aesthetic the producers are establishing.

It would reveal quite a lot about the direction of the book and importance of the actual character if they cut LS, though. ..hmmm...

Yes, but they really insist on Michelle though, when Richard Madden is leaving as well. Why the focus on her and not him ?

Yes, but they really insist on Michelle though, when Richard Madden is leaving as well. Why the focus on her and not him ?

Maybe they read the books?

That's my job, HairGrowsBack, I am trying to ruin LSH hope and hype. Most of all for myself.

Don't kill my upcoming Friday buzz in the process, man :)

Archived