[Book Spoilers] Nitpick With Impunity

What was with Sansa's dress?

Am I missing something? What happened to Arya and Sandor's horses?

Missandei and Grey Worm isn't doing anything for me. Why is he looking at her like that, seeing as Unsullied are, at least in the books, completely castrated?

Would've liked more Oberyn before the duel.

I do feel it is time to point out two things......first, the heart can't be castrated away. I think Missandei has touched him, and I suppose it would only be natural to wonder what he is missing. It seems his heart his telling him so. Also, not that I begrudge a nitpick, especially being as I think these scenes took up too much time THIS WEEK, but I do feel it is time to point out: The greatest sexual organ is: The Brain.

Still, I'm wishing they hadn't given so much time to all of it, not this past week anyway.

3. Missandei and Grey Worm. He doesn't have a dick or hormones. So....I don't get it. It's filler.

Missandei and Grey Worm isn't doing anything for me. Why is he looking at her like that, seeing as Unsullied are, at least in the books, completely castrated?

Didn't read all of it, but if Unsullied are cut pre-puberty, why is he interested in her if he's never produced any testosterone?

Unsullied do not feel emotion, and they certainly don't get turned on by hot girls. They are totally ruining Grew Worm.

Come on peoples - that was the whole point of the "pillar and stones" conversation. If the pillar was removed, but the stones remain, then the hormones will flow... That actually makes it a pretty interesting, if not unique, love (lust?) story. The desire is there, but, well, how to proceed?

Come on peoples - that was the whole point of the "pillar and stones" conversation. If the pillar was removed, but the stones remain, then the hormones will flow... That actually makes it a pretty interesting, if not unique, love (lust?) story. The desire is there, but, well, how to proceed?

I'd rather see an interesting conversation between Tyrion and Oberyn (not anything about beetles), or a longer fight scene, rather than debate whether a man has balls or not.

I'd rather see an interesting conversation between Tyrion and Oberyn (not anything about beetles), or a longer fight scene, rather than debate whether a man has balls or not.

I have to agree. The Grey Worm/ Messandi stuff would be a good discussion in a different episode where I wasn't waiting for a story changing duel.

Did the beetles ate the gold of Casterly Rock?

Lol @ Golden Dung Beetles

Golden Dung Beetles are hatched from gold created when a Lannister shits, and they eat regular gold. Tywin had assigned Orson as the Chief Underbeetler, and he was responsible for destroying the beetles before they could eat the gold out of the mines. Tyrion failed to figure out Orson's true purpose, so when Orson died, and Tyrion was in charge of the drains, he failed to replace Orson, and the beetles subsequently overran the mines.

It was just a joke :p It doesn't make sense like you said ;-)

:dunce: Yeah I should've known. :rolleyes:

I do feel it is time to point out two things......first, the heart can't be castrated away. I think Missandei has touched him, and I suppose it would only be natural to wonder what he is missing. It seems his heart his telling him so. Also, not that I begrudge a nitpick, especially being as I think these scenes took up too much time THIS WEEK, but I do feel it is time to point out: The greatest sexual organ is: The Brain.

Still, I'm wishing they hadn't given so much time to all of it, not this past week anyway.

You're going to have to explain that one to me; the brain doesn't produce testosterone. I won't argue that Grey Worm can't feel attached to Missandei, of course he can, I would just argue that he shouldn't desire her.

If anything, they'll remove the testicles and leave the penis. There's no point to cutting someone's penis off other than to cause them pain and stop them from having sex. Why on earth would the Masters do this? The point of castrating the Unsullied is to remove sexual desire, which could affect their discipline. To do this, you need to remove the testicles.

I'm no biologist, for the record, so if there's anyone more learned than me here, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Also, there's no way in hell that Littlefinger would've left himself so vulnerable. He had plenty of time to tell Sansa what to say.

The Mountain's armour was made of paper held together by sticky tape.

ETA:

Tyrion season 1 I have a sift spot for cripples bastards and broken things

Tyrion season 4 yeah I liked picking on orson with the others it made me fit in

Excellent point. It bothered me when he said it, and you've just made me realise why.

yeah this. I also get the beef that theres a little too much time on it. But ehh. Im ok with GW/Missandei overall.

You're going to have to explain that one to me; the brain doesn't produce testosterone. I won't argue that Grey Worm can't feel attached to Missandei, of course he can, I would just argue that he shouldn't desire her.

Yeah see im not so sure he does desire her like that. Hes seeing her naked body and experiencing feelings for her. Hes not a dumbass so he can make the connection that an Ordinary Man would feel a more base attraction and i think hes trying to figure out what that feels like. That and hes coming to terms that he is likely in love with her and if he could give her that one thing she might want. (spoiler: he really cant.) Their conversation afterwards sorta spells that out for us. Missandei doesnt feel shame anymore for his peeping because he really isnt leering at her. There was another thought process there and its a deeper, more honest type of attraction. She knows this. This is why she goes "Im glad you saw me."

:dunce: Yeah I should've known. :rolleyes:

If anything, they'll remove the testicles and leave the penis. There's no point to cutting someone's penis off other than to cause them pain and stop them from having sex. Why on earth would the Masters do this? The point of castrating the Unsullied is to remove sexual desire, which could affect their discipline. To do this, you need to remove the testicles.

I'm no biologist, for the record, so if there's anyone more learned than me here, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Well, look......if you don't understand the brain's role in it, I'm afraid I can't help you, nor I am really interested in explaining it. There is more to relationships than hormones, granted, they HELP start one but there is more to it than that. I've nitpicked all over, and I've nitpicked these scenes, nitpicking is not my issue at all, I do it all the time. If you don't understand what I mean, I'm pretty sure I don't feel like explaining it.

~likes a mindless f*ck fest as much as anyone, but, ok~

Tyrion season 1 I have a sift spot for cripples bastards and broken things

Tyrion season 4 yeah I liked picking on orson with the others it made me fit in

Oh, yeah, this.

The thing is, that I have the feeling that this is where Tyrion's arc in the books is heading (for some reason I think he's going to kill Doran Martell :dunno: ), but just not yet.

I think they're rushing his transformation, just like they're doing with Sansa

Granted, GRRM's character development in the books can be excrutiatingly slow at times, but this "sudden change" approach of the show is not working for me either

Yeah see im not so sure he does desire her like that. Hes seeing her naked body and experiencing feelings for her. Hes not a dumbass so he can make the connection that an Ordinary Man would feel a more base attraction and i think hes trying to figure out what that feels like. That and hes coming to terms that he is likely in love with her and if he could give her that one thing she might want. (spoiler: he really cant.) Their conversation afterwards sorta spells that out for us. Missandei doesnt feel shame anymore for his peeping because he really isnt leering at her. There was another thought process there and its a deeper, more honest type of attraction. She knows this. This is why she goes "Im glad you saw me."

I've done some thinking, and I've decided that you're right. It's absolutely possible for him to be attracted to her, just not in a sexual way. Upon reflection, the staring was probably not a sexual thing.

Well, look......if you don't understand the brain's role in it, I'm afraid I can't help you, nor I am really interested in explaining it. There is more to relationships than hormones, granted, they HELP start one but there is more to it than that. I've nitpicked all over, and I've nitpicked these scenes, nitpicking is not my issue at all, I do it all the time. If you don't understand what I mean, I'm pretty sure I don't feel like explaining it.

You said:

The greatest sexual organ is: The Brain.

I asked you to explain that statement because I don't think it's true and you've now refused. Therefore, I call bullshit. Without any sex hormones to change his brain in any way, I simply don't see how Grey Worm could possibly have any sexual desire. He can be attracted to Missandei, sure, just not sexually (this is what I suspect you've been trying to say, just with a poor choice of words).

I didn't quite look at it that way until you pointed it out like this; I was seriously confused on the whole thing since he doesn't have an testosterone for any sexual feelings but yes what about the heart what is it telling them both. I do agree way too much time was spent on something that can't ever be at least on that level.

I wonder if the beetle scene was actually ad-lib. It feels like Peter and Nikolaj having some giddy fun after being told they need to stretch filler scene by being creative. I guess the whole meaning is double. Tyrion has a sympathetic heart, while Cregor likes to kill stuff in horrible fashion because he too was probably dropped on the head.

On Grey Worm, I don't know. My old neighbours have a cat, he's fully castrated. Yet still he tries to hump the other cats. I think the whole Grey Worm scene is meant to depict pure love: he can't think with his willy, so it's purely from the heart or something. But I don't know if I want Grey Worm to be a round character, he seems so perfect as the flat character you love for how he is.

The daenerys scene with jorah at first a thought she couldn't look him in the eye but on my second viewing I noticed he wasn't even in the same room when filming and they fucked the scence up and couldn't re do it the duel was good but rushed in the book he tires the mountain out on the show the viper would of tired himself out if that went longer and the beatles scene was not needed a wasted scene when we could of had him and the viper talking people say it meant something but at the end even tyrion said what was that all about so even he didn't know

Lol @ Golden Dung Beetles

Golden Dung Beetles are hatched from gold created when a Lannister shits, and they eat regular gold. Tywin had assigned Orson as the Chief Underbeetler, and he was responsible for destroying the beetles before they could eat the gold out of the mines. Tyrion failed to figure out Orson's true purpose, so when Orson died, and Tyrion was in charge of the drains, he failed to replace Orson, and the beetles subsequently overran the mines.

So, another reason for Tywin to hate Tyrion. He truly is the ruin of House Lannister!

Archived