[Book Spoilers] Nitpick With Impunity

Nope, they reach some village near the High Road to the Eyrie, but that's as far as they get

I honestly don't know how they'll made their way out of this one. Even if Lysa is dead Littlefinger and Sansa would obviously pay any ransom to get Arya

I bet it's gonna be clumsy. Like Asha and Ramsay's dogs

Clumsy and retarded, TV Show isnt worth watching anymore.

Re-inventing the wheel = fail.

- WHAT THE FUCK with the eyes?! He was just supposed to break his neck, it was supposed to be quick. And for god's sake, nobody can fucking crash a skull with his bare fucking hands. Even Gregor needed a wall to crash Aegon's head.

- FOUR GODDAMN MINUTES of talking about Cousin Whatshisname and his fucking beetles. FOUR MINUTES. WHO gives a DUSTY FUCK about beetles?

- The eyes thing did basically happen in the book. And this is the Mountain - he's like an evil Andre the Giant, so I wouldn't pout it past him.

- Yeah, beetles scene. When they started talking about cousin-icide, I was hoping to see something more re: Jaime (who casually strangled one of his cousins, "Alton", in Season 2). Instead we got the endless tale about beetles.

I'll just repeat the question :p

Also where is Myranda, Ramsay's fling? Some people speculated that her death was cut from the show and they seem to have had a point :)

I also thought the Meereen scenes were great. Yeah, Missandei/Grey Worm was filler, but he is an awesome secondary character, and I enjoyed seeing him portrayed as still a man. Dany dismissing Jorah was perfect. She was just as cold in the books as in the show. In her thoughts, she wanted to forgiver her bear, but in reality she came across as harsh.

First of all, I don't think it's right to say that he's "still a man" just because he can develop feelings (sexual or romantic) for a woman... Why can't he still be a man if he just wants friendship, or even just romance? They really didn't need to sexualise him (or Missandei).

But more importantly, your assessment of book-Daenerys is as far from the truth as possible. I can literally only think of a couple of times in the books where Dany could potentially be described as cold: the deaths of Viserys and Mirri Maz Duur. Every other time, Dany's problem is that she's too fiery. When she finds out that Jorah betrayed her, she doesn't turn cold and dispassionate - she blows up. She wants to forgive him, but she decides that she can't because he's too stubborn and unapologetic.

If the showrunners wanted to present Jorah in a better light, they certainly succeeded. But it's only done a huge injustice to Dany's character. In the books, she was wrong to exile him... because in reality, she should have punished him or pardoned him, as she realises straight away. But she was ultimately justified to get rid of him.

Is this the stupidest criticism of an episode ever? Why does anyone bathe in a lake? To get clean, obviously.

Lol this is a "nitpick" thread, what are you expecting?

I meant that Missandei serves Daenerys and lives with her at the top of the Great Pyramid of Meereen... But she goes alllllll the way down from the very top of the pyramid to bathe in a lake rather than taking a bath in her own quarters??

Of course it's a very particular nitpick, and obviously it's not an important plot hole... But this is a nitpick thread, so who cares?

I meant that Missandei serves Daenerys and lives with her at the top of the Great Pyramid of Meereen... But she goes alllllll the way down from the very top of the pyramid to bathe in a lake rather than taking a bath in her own quarters??

Isn't that a cleansing ritual? I know the Unsullied cleanse in saltwater in the books.

Isn't that a cleansing ritual? I know the Unsullied cleanse in saltwater in the books.

The Unsullied have a very specific cleansing ritual (which is how they avoid catching the Pale Mare), but there's no reason for Missandei to do so, particularly when the show hasn't even established that the Unsullied have this ritual.

I thought Sansa's dress looked like Jennifer Lawrence from Mockingjay. However, I thought she looked amazing overall in the dark color with dark hair.

Agreed on the beetle speech. It was too long, and ended up not having a point. If there was some sort of moral to the story (Olson Lannister is similar to the Mountain - both just bash heads in?)

This isn't a new nitpick, since the previous episode had the same thing, but whatever: the writers seem to have forgotten that Lysa and Robin lived in King's Landing until Jon Arryn died.

LOL I noticed that, too. Granted, in the books we can go with Robin was young enough not to remember much......but I'm thinking that excuse is difficult to go with here.

Why not? She already trapsed through the Vale and right up to the door with the red hair before she pulled her hood up with the long red hair sticking out, LOL. And then had the red hair while she was there...with all the servants able to see her red hair.

And then, one day, Black Sansa.

While it's true that the book stretched credulity a little that no ever checked out the "daughter" that showed up exactly when Sansa disappeared....at least they had the hair black before she gets to the Vale where no one but a handful of LF people sees her.

Ok, this is a nitpick but as a medium brown haired girl........this is bugging me. BookFakeSansaActingasAlayne was said to have chestnut brown hair, I believe, LOL I'm tellin ya, us brown haired brunettes get no respect, even when we do have blue eyes. :crying:

Ok, this is a nitpick but as a medium brown haired girl........this is bugging me. BookFakeSansaActingasAlayne was said to have chestnut brown hair, I believe, LOL I'm tellin ya, us brown haired brunettes get no respect, even when we do have blue eyes. :crying:

Well, you know they think the audience is stupid, so they would have to go black hair to make sure it wasn't overlooked. LOL. But then who knows, they could sure have made some of the secondary characters easier for TV viewers to remember if they made their clothing a little more distinctive.

Well, you know they think the audience is stupid, so they would have to go black hair to make sure it wasn't overlooked. LOL. But then who knows, they could sure have made some of the secondary characters easier for TV viewers to remember if they made their clothing a little more distinctive.

The only Bs they are interested in are boobs anyway. You have hair, too? :lmao:

I don't know if DandD are bad writers, but they definitely think there is little intelligence to the audience. For example, when Dany asked Missandei if she knew about how much was taken from the Unsullied when they were cut. In case the audience was confused Dany had to spell it out for poor dumb Missa, and say "you know, the pillar and the stones." And the Missa goes "oh, I don't know. But I think about it all the time." All the time? Not enough to understand exactly what Dany meant without some crude metaphor to make it more clear.

Then there is the Moat stuff where the tough old Iron Born guy is like "hell no we won't give up." Then out of nowhere one of his guys hatchets him in the head? Really? Had they been planning this before? I mean how did that guy know the other Ironborne wouldn't hatchet him--why did he get to make up the guy's mind, and then on top of that, why didn't they just knock him out, discuss it and then kill him? It was so rushed and dumb.

I liked the duel, but then I realized: WHERE THE HELL ARE THE TYRELLS? Just because they don't have lines doesn't mean they wouldn't be there. Mace at least should have been there, and maybe I missed him, but you'd think Margaery would've been there too or at least someone might have mentioned why the widowed queen didn't come to the trial of her husband's suspected murderer.

These guys who made this show really messed it up. It is awful.

Oh yeah, and when the Hound and Arya are just back on the road next week I'm going to be pissed. No way in hell they would have walked out of there free and clear.

Is the Lannister home infested with beetles ?! Olson killed beetles nonstop everyday at the exact same place !

I know, right? Tytos really let Casterly Rock go to shit.

I don't know if DandD are bad writers, but they definitely think there is little intelligence to the audience. For example, when Dany asked Missandei if she knew about how much was taken from the Unsullied when they were cut. In case the audience was confused Dany had to spell it out for poor dumb Missa, and say "you know, the pillar and the stones." And the Missa goes "oh, I don't know. But I think about it all the time." All the time? Not enough to understand exactly what Dany meant without some crude metaphor to make it more clear.

Then there is the Moat stuff where the tough old Iron Born guy is like "hell no we won't give up." Then out of nowhere one of his guys hatchets him in the head? Really? Had they been planning this before? I mean how did that guy know the other Ironborne wouldn't hatchet him--why did he get to make up the guy's mind, and then on top of that, why didn't they just knock him out, discuss it and then kill him? It was so rushed and dumb.

I liked the duel, but then I realized: WHERE THE HELL ARE THE TYRELLS? Just because they don't have lines doesn't mean they wouldn't be there. Mace at least should have been there, and maybe I missed him, but you'd think Margaery would've been there too or at least someone might have mentioned why the widowed queen didn't come to the trial of her husband's suspected murderer.

These guys who made this show really messed it up. It is awful.

Oh yeah, and when the Hound and Arya are just back on the road next week I'm going to be pissed. No way in hell they would have walked out of there free and clear.

Agreed about the Missandei thing. It's like they even forget what they write. Back in s3 they said the Unsullied were castrated cock and balls. Hell, Missandei herself said it as she was translating for Kraznys!

And they forgot that Robin and Lysa used to live in KL as well

Mace was there watching the duel, by the way, but I didn't see Margaery. The Tyrells always seem to vanish during the last episodes. It was the same last season

I'd be more surprised if that didn't happen than if it did at this point.

I'm still curious how they are going to make the Iron Born a threat in the future with them being so incompetent now. With Balon still alive, there is no reason that Moat Cailin should be so weak and unsupported. Basically the Ironborn sent Yara to the other side of the continent to save Theon when they didn't care about him at all when they left him unsupported at Winterfell, and have spent the rest of their time losing the north to the Boltons. With most of the forces returned home for the King's Moot this made some sense in the books since Balon died before Robb. With Balon still alive in the show, what has Victarion and Balon been doing all this time?

Archived