[Book Spoilers] Nitpick With Impunity

The frickin Mountain. I know he isn't an actor and all, but his moves looked really lame. There was no anger in that, he kinda just lifted his sword and went 'meh' with each swing. The guy from Season 1, Conan Stevens, would have been a lot better. Anger and fury was bursting from that man.

And he has that shitty helmet, that is knocked off, he should have had a great-helm, and a different voice.

and a shield, of course

eta: and no slashed boy, and no "my fucking head hurts" and "shut. up!"

Unsullied do not feel emotion, and they certainly don't get turned on by hot girls. They are totally ruining Grew Worm.

Doesn't the book have Unsullied buying whores just to cuddle with them? That pretty much negates the idea that they have no emotion...

I, too hated this Mountain, I don't care if he's the strongest man in the world or whatever the fuck. Get an ACTOR why don't you? But, it's a moot point now. Still, they are batting zero from me on their replacement casting.

1. Beetles. OMFG.

2. Littlefingers total lack of a plan. At first, when Sansa was like "Sorry, Lord Baelish, but I have to tell the truth", and then told that whole suicide story, I thought that was all pre-rehearsed with Littlefinger and was all part of his plan, but when I found out later that it was all Sansa, I was like.. no fuckin way.

3. Missandei and Grey Worm. He doesn't have a dick or hormones. So....I don't get it. It's filler.

4. Dani is starting to talk more and more like Queen Amidala from Star Wars with every passing episode. Also, why was she styling Missandei's hair? Maybe next she'll bring Missandei something to eat, and help her get dressed.

5. The Mountain crushing Oberyn's skull with his hands. I thought it was cool until then, but found that last part cheesy. Indira Varma's facial expressions were great though, I really like her as Ellaria Sand.

6. Beetles. ugh.

Also...Roose Bolton's 3 o'clock shadow/beard. This is totally a stupid nitpick but he looks depressed or something. Maybe it's stressful being Warden of the North.

I said the same thing. When we first saw him I figured he hadn't shaved because he was smuggling himself through the IB lines and...no time for hygene.

Now, it is annoying, he looks like a kindly old grandfather who needs his pipe, not a stone cold killer.

Doesn't the book have Unsullied buying whores just to cuddle with them? That pretty much negates the idea that they have no emotion...

Yes yes they did. In fact, i wouldnt be surprised if that piece of information is dropped sometime next season and helps Dany (and Missandei) understand fully how Grey Worm feels. Like Grey Worm may even be the one to mention it. "One of Unsullied was caught in brothel."

Dany: "But why? In a brothel? They cannot feel..."

Grey Worm: "He wished simply to lie with them and feel their company....*meaningful look at Missandei*"

I really think thats how thats gonna happen.

Anyway, the Jon scene kinda let me down cuz they are still not looking like they are preparing for a massive battle at the Wall. Oh well.

Moat Cailin, we did need a hint as to why those Ironborn were sick and many dying. Come on, a bogdevil drop could have been hella neato.

While i loooooooooved Sansa's stuff, im still kind of on the fence about the costume change. It feels so sudden~ I understand the imagery its invoking (and im pretty cool with that) and what it means for her. Im just still kinda coming to terms with the look and style.

Not gonna lie, kinda wanted the cornball "ELIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!" scream from Oberyn. Oh well.

Also...Roose Bolton's 3 o'clock shadow/beard. This is totally a stupid nitpick but he looks depressed or something. Maybe it's stressful being Warden of the North.

lol im not liking scruffy Roose either. He needs a shave. I dont think Beard of Absolute Villainy works on him.

I said the same thing. When we first saw him I figured he hadn't shaved because he was smuggling himself through the IB lines and...no time for hygene.

Now, it is annoying, he looks like a kindly old grandfather who needs his pipe, not a stone cold killer.

Agreed. Much cooler when he looks like Vladimir Putin.

Beetles and the Missandie/Grey Worm scenes are my only nitpicks.

Apart from Jaime's dusty fuck, the rest of the dialogue was stupid and I don't understand why they need to be inventing ex-slave romances, particularly when one of the lovers lacks the full set of equipment.

I know, right? Tytos really let Casterly Rock go to shit.

Agreed about the Missandei thing. It's like they even forget what they write. Back in s3 they said the Unsullied were castrated cock and balls. Hell, Missandei herself said it as she was translating for Kraznys!

And they forgot that Robin and Lysa used to live in KL as well

Mace was there watching the duel, by the way, but I didn't see Margaery. The Tyrells always seem to vanish during the last episodes. It was the same last season

Okay, at least Mace was there. I liked the duel, but as much as I did, it really needed more buildup--I think throwing us back into in the last 10 minutes after Oberyn's awesome talk with Tyrion last episode was a huge disservice to the character. He needed buildup, he needed to be more underdog, and it needed to be less gory. I know the book was gory too, but seeing it on the screen cheapened it.

Back to the Missandei thing--I am rereading A Storm of Swords right now and just read that part where Daenerys is negotiating for the Unsullied, and the book definitely says everything is removed. I am glad you confirmed that season 3 did this too. I have a sneaking suspicion the writers are going to retcon this so Greyworm can have some romance.

I just watched the episode so i haven't read the previous 12 pages of posts.Therefore please forgive me if people have already mentioned what i'm gonna write(well actually it's bitching):

What's going on with the Stark children???????In the books out of the 4 , 3 are presumed dead and one to be a fugitive.Very few people know the truth.And what do we have in the show?All Stark kids to be alive and all Westeros will know that if they keep announcing themselves in publiv wherever they go.What's the point of such a huge change?How the hell does it serve the plot or makes it more interesting?

And what's that lame thing with a romance including a eunuch?I guess D&D got jealous of Peter Jackson "Hey that dude can have a dwarf-elf romance in Tolkien's world??Well we're gonna surpass him by having a romance between a hot girl and a eunuch". But hey that leaves some very good options open.Like ,now that magic is coming back because of the dragons, GreyWorm will have man's parts again!Daenerys Stormborn,Khaleesi,Mother of Dragons,Mother of Dicks.

Seriously now, with all those changes at least i don't think we'll have spoilers from WoW since the show writers will make their very own story in the end.

"I will hear you say her name, Ser, or I will chase you through all seven hells."

I don't think we got that line. :frown5:

I loved that line because he literally does haunt him in the afterlife (and Tywin if you subscribe to that theory).

Although, when Oberyn suddenly yells "YOU KILED HER CHILDREN!" I got goose bumps. The acting was flawless and Ellaria spoke for the audience with her reaction.

That beetles dialogue was completely crap. Even Peter Dinklage's talent couldn't dress it up.

Petyr Baelish being at the mercy of Sansa Stark. No, no and no. Littlefinger would never get into such a situation without having thought out the repercussions.

Had the following scene when he enters her chamber been more a 'well done my pupil' as opposed to 'why did you help me?' it would have been consistent with the idea of him slowly grooming her.

Daenerys' reaction to Jorah betraying her. Cold anger from her and nothing more. Acting for Jorah was great. You could see that the decisions he made weighed heavily on him and he looked tortured for it. Daenerys was just... coldly pissed. If they'd given a bit more spotlight on her to make it seem as if she was troubled or saddened I'd have been fine with it.

Theon/Reek still doesn't look as physically decrepit as I'd like to see him. Alfie Allen does well enough, but it's not enough for me if I am honest.

"I will hear you say her name, Ser, or I will chase you through all seven hells."

I don't think we got that line. :frown5:

I loved that line because he literally does haunt him in the afterlife (and Tywin if you subscribe to that theory).

Although, when Oberyn suddenly yells "YOU KILED HER CHILDREN!" I got goose bumps. The acting was flawless and Ellaria spoke for the audience with her reaction.

Wow that gif is glorious! *rightclick saves*

Archived