[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick Without Repercussion

Yeah it is a bit of a mess,they didn't need all that killing on the way up there,and if mance only gets one scene then that means that kid got more screen time this season.they dididn't even need him to kill ygritte.

LOL That poor little actor, it's a good thing a lot of aggression has already been leveled over the Talisa stuff, LOL I confess, I did get a kick out of love at first sight over an amputation, but that kid is getting on my nerves. :devil:

When I popped into the general discussion thread last night after the episode, I did say that I highly suspect that D&D would have already killed off Stannis if he wasn't still making shit happen in sample chapters in TWOW. I do have to say, I expect Stannis to die in the books but I haven't a clue when......maybe toward the end of TWOW, maybe?

Yeah, he will definitely die, but I've thought it would be closer to end. At the rate the show is going, though, he could have died in the battle of Winterfell and everyone is wrong, I'm inclined to think this is not the case, but how much time can they possibly devote to Stannis next week? And that's his big moment.

And who in the hell's ear is Brienne going to bite off? They cannot possibly be so nuts as to have her be the one who does in the Hound/? Can they?

I know I love Ciran's work; he was awesome in Rome and also in The Debt.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy! Munich! Great actor gone to waste imo. Not to mention they butchered the writing of Mances character the few times he was on screen :/

And who in the hell's ear is Brienne going to bite off? They cannot possibly be so nuts as to have her be the one who does in the Hound/? Can they?

I don't think so, as the wound on his neck from Biter in Mockingbird has been shown to be bothering him. It'll be someone else.

Yeah, he will definitely die, but I've thought it would be closer to end. At the rate the show is going, though, he could have died in the battle of Winterfell and everyone is wrong, I'm inclined to think this is not the case, but how much time can they possibly devote to Stannis next week? And that's his big moment.

I was worried that it would be Brienne and The Hound fighting, then not.....thought it might be some anonymous Vale men, and now.....I'm back to worrying, LOL

I'm telling ya, I do find some enjoyment in the show, but there is too much WTF? sometimes. I'm contemplating a reread again soon thanks to the show, and it's not for good reasons, ya know?

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy! Munich! Great actor gone to waste imo. Not to mention they butchered the writing of Mances character the few times he was on screen :/

I still need to see Tinker Tailor its been in my DVD que for Netflix for like forever now :). Hopefully they will get a bit better they seem to like more characters than others like with Ser Jorah he should of been gone character wise a long time ago.... and only left last week.

I was worried that it would be Brienne and The Hound fighting, then not.....thought it might be some anonymous Vale men, and now.....I'm back to worrying, LOL

I'm telling ya, I do find some enjoyment in the show, but there is too much WTF? sometimes. I'm contemplating a reread again soon thanks to the show, and it's not for good reasons, ya know?

Why is she even in the finale? At this point, anyone's ear she bites off will be a red shirt, so who cares? Just another weird DD quirk...she bit off an ear in the books so, we're going to be faithful to this one point, although it will in our show be completely random and meaningless??

I know what you mean last night my Husband and I were watching and get pausing to say wait did it happen like this in the books? etc. a few times... plus it was so SHORT that had to be the shortest episode this season.

Why is Slynt a coward? We already know he's a hateful character - we don't need more reasons to look down on him. And besides, how would a coward become commander of the gold cloaks in King's Landing?

Why is she even in the finale? At this point, anyone's ear she bites off will be a red shirt, so who cares? Just another weird DD quirk...she bit off an ear in the books so, we're going to be faithful to this one point, although it will in our show be completely random and meaningless??

I'm still not over all the Roast Goat jokes I'm going to miss from Jaime.

I think I may actually tackle a rewatch of the epi soon, OnDemand, just to see what the idiots have to say for themselves on the Inside The Epi segment.

I know what you mean last night my Husband and I were watching and get pausing to say wait did it happen like this in the books? etc. a few times... plus it was so SHORT that had to be the shortest episode this season.

Awwwwww, at least your hubby shares it with you. I do have my daughter for that, I just can't get her to reread incessantly, LOL We had to pause last night to see what the hell happened to Thorne. I resent wanting to know that, the actor is terrific, though.

My daughter kept rolling her eyes at me over my beetle complaints last week. I can enjoy and complain, too, but then again, she doesn't over obsess the way I do.

Why is Slynt a coward? We already know he's a hateful character - we don't need more reasons to look down on him. And besides, how would a coward become commander of the gold cloaks in King's Landing?

He's good at bullying and bribing. Seems legit.

Given the million storylines that have to be wrapped up next week, I predict an epic nitpick thread, especially since many, including myself are already nitpicking episode ten even though it hasn't aired yet. That's quite an accomplishment D&D.

Awwwwww, at least your hubby shares it with you. I do have my daughter for that, I just can't get her to reread incessantly, LOL We had to pause last night to see what the hell happened to Thorne. I resent wanting to know that, the actor is terrific, though.

My daughter kept rolling her eyes at me over my beetle complaints last week. I can enjoy and complain, too, but then again, she doesn't over obsess the way I do.

Everytime I see Throne not sure if you ever watched Father Ted I swear I think of the guy who played Father Jack when I see him I expect him to start scream DRINK FECK OFF or GIRLS. ;)

What a surprise we agree on something :D

I do think season 4 will end up probably being my 2nd favorite but I feel like 2,3, and 4 are all of a very similar quality while season 1 is a notch above the other 3.

And yes lack of Mance this episode was a puzzling decision. Poor Caesar :((

S2 had my favorite episode in "Blackwater", but they absolutely butchered Dany's storyline (especially the HOTU) which is unforgivable for me. But other than that 2,3, & 4 are all pretty close. S1 was the most faithful to the books, and surprise, surprise it's the best one.

Ygritte. We're supposed to feel sad for her but imo the whole season she's been presented as a pyscho bitch, like all the other wildings. Didn't care for her death, I don't care for these people in general :dunno: I don't like HBO!Ygritte too much, her character is too much "strong independent womyn!!" for my liking.

Some of the deaths were too goofy. The anvil on Jon's face? That Thenn getting hammered?

The Stannis cut. Not much for Stannis but because I wanted this storyline over for this episode. Seeing how packed next ep will be, adding this with Stannis and Mance will be even more stuff to deal with, and maybe another subplot will be cut. I swear if they cut again LS for ending with another dumb Khaleesi scene...*rage*

He's been good in everything I've seen him in tbh. He's in There Will be Blood as well, which is a great movie.

Archived