[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick Without Repercussion

Well, as Jersey Girl I must share the other find that JCsRB brought to the other thread. All Hail John, John Bon Jovi, that is, first of his name? :dunno: :leer: :lmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4oQzTGTc_g

Must spread the love for all those who haven't had a chance to thread hop as I have.

That I don't agree. If the wildings reach inside, and he's without weapon, he's not safe. With a sword, or anything, he has more chances to even escape or help someone, which indeed happened.

Shut up it was awesome, k? k.

Awesomely shiny, LOL I enjoyed it, as well as the glare, k? :P

This show has so consistently disappointed me that at this point i'm just going with the flow. Using deep breathing techniques, I was able to enjoy this episode.

That said:

- I was pretty psyched when they swung that ridiculous anchor, because for a moment I thought they were just going to crack the wall and drop ice on them, which would have made perfect sense ("the wall defends itself")

- Still cannot get over the lack of Donal Noye

- There was totally time for stannis to be a mannis all over the wildlings

- Is it really that hard to cgi a massive army in the background?

- Tormund is a bit disappointing, but so are all the wildlings in general

I give it a shrek out of ten

Another nitpick on the Scythe. Didn't it look like an awfully shiny and modern piece of equipment for the medieval, run down installation that the NW is presented to be?

I know! You could forge dozens of weapons (or hundreds of arrowheads) from that amount of steel.

Why not just wait until the climbers are almost to the top, and then poke them with spears? They'll be exhausted from the climb, easy targets. :)

I know! You could forge dozens of weapons (or hundreds of arrowheads) from that amount of steel.

Why not just wait until the climbers are almost to the top, and then poke them with spears? They'll be exhausted from the climb, easy targets. :)

...because it's nowhere near as awesome to do that?

The point of the scythe was not to kill people, but to look awesome doing it. Sure, they could have used conventional means and weapons to knock the climbers off the Wall, but no one would have said "holy shit that's awesome!" when they did.

In a more logical sense, it's something that would only need two men to use against a large number of climbers.

His job and greatest asset, given his upbringing and stewardship of Mormont, is as a leader not a fighter, and even Thorne knew that.

He was just standing behind thorn listening. Shit, there was plenty of stewards expected to fight

I think we can all agree that Jon Show is the worst translated character by FAR by D&D.

But that damn scythe was fleshed out now, wasn't it? :rolleyes: I think Kit has done what he can with what he's given. He's even been able to make this uneven season at The Wall shine, not much help from D&D with it for him, though.

I think the problem is that for season upon season, D&D have never bothered to flesh out The Wall. I'm expecting Season 5 to just be Jon, Edd, and Thorne........if Sam and Aemon are sent away as per the books? Hell, that's much too crowded for the Wall, might as well just let Jon and a few extras guard Castle Black along with every frakkin mile along the Wall.

But that damn scythe was fleshed out now, wasn't it? :rolleyes:

I think the problem is that for season upon season, D&D have never bothered to flesh out The Wall. I'm expecting Season 5 to just be Jon, Edd, and Thorne........if Sam and Aemon are sent away as per the books? Hell, that's much too crowded for the Wall, might as well just let Jon and a few extras guard Castle Black along with every frakkin mile along the Wall.

The story at the wall and beyond has been garbage since yr 2. They didn't even try to have it make sense or consider any logical flow or consistency

I think we can all agree that Jon Show is the worst translated character by FAR by D&D.

If only it was that simple. For example, remember how they translated Cat? Or what about Robb? And let's not forget good, old Baratheon brothers, Stannis and Renly. In fact, it's a pretty stiff competition for the worst translated character.

I have another nitpick. Why the hell did I have to notice that Thorne looked damn impressive in his armor? What is up with that? :devil: Just Ewwwwwwwwww.

Ah, a girl must........call it a day on the nitpicking, the serious and the jesting. Or at least, take a break til the hubby passes out. Have fun all.

And did everyone else think the fight constantly looked like it was going very badly for the Night's Watch, only to have it turn around way too suddenly?

I had the same impression. Jon descends to the courtyard, kicks some ass, cries over Ygritte and they win... Although it isn't really shown, one could guess that secret weapon Ghost killed the rest.

And what's with all that useless filler dialogue these past few episodes?

Absurd waste of time, considering all the original mythology that is left out.

If only it was that simple. For example, remember how they translated Cat? Or what about Robb? And let's not forget good, old Baratheon brothers, Stannis and Renly. In fact, it's a pretty stiff competition for the worst translated character.

I think Jon wins by brutal KO, although most of those others are terrible

But that damn scythe was fleshed out now, wasn't it? :rolleyes: I think Kit has done what he can with what he's given. He's even been able to make this uneven season at The Wall shine, not much help from D&D with it for him, though.

To be honest, even Jon Snow in the first two books was a damn boring character. It wasn't as if the show had much to go on, because he's not extroverted, he's not overly-emotional and he doesn't talk much. Also, him being a peon in a militaristic organization doesn't give much of a chance for any of that stuff. But I agree that KH had done the best he can with what he has, and I think he's going to really shine next year as LC.

Elaborate preparations like "The Scythe" outside the wall, but ZERO defenses in the tunnel (traps or siege preparations) just in case the outer Gate is breached?!? The entirety of the Plan is "send 6 guys as an afterthought"?

Another nitpick on the Scythe. Didn't it look like an awfully shiny and modern piece of equipment for the medieval, run down installation that the NW is presented to be?

Not only that but why would the Watch build a weapon of such size and unreliability for one single use at the cost of the Wall's integrity? And for what? To kill five or six climbers who would have been slaughtered the moment they made it to the top, if they made it to the top?

Archived