[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick Without Repercussion

:agree: I confirm! However, you can also find funny things while watching it in slo-mo. For example there is a guy who got a head-sized rock falling right on his head but he forgot to go down (miracles can happen in the background...)

LOLLLLLLL I'm going to have to look for this the next time I rewatch.

What I find the most worrysome is that they'll probably have Brienne fight the Hound and win. Just so fucking unnecessary, Brienne is good but she's nowhere near the Hound. He beats her in every single aspect of combat (intelligence, size, speed, strength, viciousness, agility, endurance) but I could see D&D letting him lose to Brienne.

Even worse than that....she's going to fight the Hound...but somehow she won't figure out that it's Arya Stark? So, I guess that makes Arya, the Hound and Brienne all really, really stupid in the show.

What I find the most worrysome is that they'll probably have Brienne fight the Hound and win. Just so fucking unnecessary, Brienne is good but she's nowhere near the Hound. He beats her in every single aspect of combat (intelligence, size, speed, strength, viciousness, agility, endurance) but I could see D&D letting him lose to Brienne.

The Hound is hurt, Brienne is not. His bite wound is infected, which Arya mentioned week before last. He may be a better fighter than her normally, but if he's feverish and weak, she's going to be able to beat him.

:agree: I would have loved to see Styr go down like the Germanic warlord at the start of gladiator (if you check the link, put it on mute because they changed the music into something absolutely shitty)

Richard Harris as Marcus Aurelius Must go off and cry!! :crying:

What is up with changing the music, I may have to go look for another version of this.

The Hound is hurt, Brienne is not. His bite wound is infected, which Arya mentioned week before last. He may be a better fighter than her normally, but if he's feverish and weak, she's going to be able to beat him.

He's not that weak that he would lose against Brienne. This is like Brienne -Jaime fight in the show all over again.

Richard Harris as Marcus Aurelius Must go off and cry!! :crying:

What is up with changing the music, I may have to go look for another version of this.

Something to do with the rights I think. All video's I found had the music changed.

I think next week's nitpick thread will be epic. There is a guy on IMDB who claims to have seen the episode and is giving spoilers. Now, he's probably bullshitting (though last year there was a guy who could describe certain shots from the RW before it had aired), but if he's not, than these boards will fucking melt down. And it will be violent

Claims from that guy:

A+J= T confirmed. That's why I know it's certainly BS, but imagine if D&D took a dump like that on the source material? Oh, and Brienne would apparently bite the Hounds ear of and break his leg. This is BS (Sandor would crush her) but it's bull shit that I could see D&D write into the story. It's the kind of lame screw up they do all the time.

I hope this guy isn't on the up and up. I'd enjoy the meltdowns, somewhat, but would eventually get a migraine out of it. I have faith that D&D can spread their butchery farther afield, they don't have to do it all in this season's finale.

He's not that weak that he would lose against Brienne. This is like Brienne -Jaime fight in the show all over again.

How weak does one have to be to beat Brienne...she's not exactly a small, weak girl. She held her own against Jaime in the show before he lost his hand, I think she is more than capable of taking down a weak and feverish Sandor Clegane.

Something to do with the rights I think. All video's I found had the music changed.

That makes sense, thanks. I do agree though, there is too much boss fighting. Lots of the Castle Black battle scenes looked like isolated instances of single combat, I think Kit's terrific sword play (and flying curls :drool: ) distracted me from noticing that right away.

I hope this guy isn't on the up and up. I'd enjoy the meltdowns, somewhat, but would eventually get a migraine out of it. I have faith that D&D can spread their butchery farther afield, they don't have to do it all in this season's finale.

I just saw on the Children board that they're sending Jamie to Dorne next season. Will wonders never cease?

I do have a bad feeling that Brienne is going to bite the Hounds ear off, and for reasons unknown she will fail to see that it is the alive Arya Stark that Hotpie just told her about and ride off again with Pod.

I just saw on the Children board that they're sending Jamie to Dorne next season. Will wonders never cease?

I do have a bad feeling that Brienne is going to bite the Hounds ear off, and for reasons unknown she will fail to see that it is the alive Arya Stark that Hotpie just told her about and ride off again with Pod.

I have to admit, I was worried about The Hound and Brienne situation, then I thought it would be Vale Men that fought Sandor and now, well, I may just cover my eyes and wait for Arya to hit the docks and the Titan's Daughter. I don't like the idea of Sandor and Brienne meeting or fighting now, and that's even before we take into account Arya and the mess that will be made of all their storylines.

The info about Jaime being in Dorne (and Bronn) seems to be in relation to leaked audition videos and scripts. It was all over the casting section subforum here, too, last week. I'm not sure I'm made for months of this casting spec and leaked audition scripts. Might be time for a reread soon.

Game of Thrones is basically ENTIRELY written by D&D. Two people. They have no excuse. They're just fucking hacks.

i agree. they are hacks. the show isn't good enough anymore for them to deserve to reveal book spoilers. i cringe at the end of the opening credits every time they say D&D wrote the episode. the quality has suffered significantly since season 1.

I have to admit, I was worried about The Hound and Brienne situation, then I thought it would be Vale Men that fought Sandor and now, well, I may just cover my eyes and wait for Arya to hit the docks and the Titan's Daughter. I don't like the idea of Sandor and Brienne meeting or fighting now, and that's even before we take into account Arya and the mess that will be made of all their storylines.

The info about Jaime being in Dorne (and Bronn) seems to be in relation to leaked audition videos and scripts. It was all over the casting section subforum here, too, last week. I'm not sure I'm made for months of this casting spec and leaked audition scripts. Might be time for a reread soon.

But. Fuck. Really. Just Fuck.

That will be the biggest logic fail of all time so far in the show, even eclipsing "Asha" going to the Dreadfort, and Mel and her the lamb must have no fear speech.

Really? Brienne is going to come face to face with Arya Stark, having been told Arya is alive, and somehow she is going to fail to figure this out? Jesus wept and so did the Seven.

How weak does one have to be to beat Brienne...she's not exactly a small, weak girl. She held her own against Jaime in the show before he lost his hand, I think she is more than capable of taking down a weak and feverish Sandor Clegane.

She took out three guys single handed S2, Jamie kind a looked shocked, not just because they were Stark men.

In the books in the fight with Jamie , even chained but still with his right hand, he at first got the better of her, but as the fight went on , in his mind he expressed his surprise that she was getting the best of him, that fight was interrupted but seemed headed for a draw.

Anyway I can't imagine what the show has invented for Brienne-Pod and Clegane-Arya, if she puts together two and two and recognizes Arya, or Pod recolonizes Arya, or they deduce it she should have enough gold to buy Arya... but we know that does not happen. If she tells Arya she has made a vow to her mother that complicates matters. In a way no reason for Brienne-Pod to come into conflict with Hound/Arya over the whole matter. It's confusing what will happen, a third party , like 'mountain men' intervene and all four have to fight them, in the chaos the Hound and Arya get away?

Thing is can't see D&D foregoing the Hound-Arya parting of the ways scene , seems like the kind of thing they like.

It is all weird.

Or, worse yet, D & D plan on NOT having Arya go to Braavos at all. In their minds, they probably think Arya is already just a little killer so she doesn't need that whole Faceless Man thing :rolleyes: Jeebus, I hope that's not it!

Honestly, with Sansa's super transformation on the show recently, part of me does suspect that Arya's training in Braavos may only equal about 3 or 4 episodes spread out over the next season. :dunno:

She took out three guys single handed S2, Jamie kind a looked shocked, not just because they were Stark men.

In the books in the fight with Jamie , even chained but still with his right hand, he at first got the better of her, but as the fight went on , in his mind he expressed his surprise that she was getting the best of him, that fight was interrupted but seemed headed for a draw.

Anyway I can't imagine what the show has invented for Brienne-Pod and Clegane-Arya, if she puts together two and two and recognizes Arya, or Pod recolonizes Arya, or they deduce it she should have enough gold to buy Arya... but we know that does not happen. If she tells Arya she has made a vow to her mother that complicates matters. In a way no reason for Brienne-Pod to come into conflict with Hound/Arya over the whole matter. It's confusing what will happen, a third party , like 'mountain men' intervene and all four have to fight them, in the chaos the Hound and Arya get away?

Thing is can't see D&D foregoing the Hound-Arya parting of the ways scene , seems like the kind of thing they like.

It is all weird.

Well, Hot Pie told them that he last saw her with the BwB and Sandor Clegane, so that's almost certainly how Brienne will recognize Arya.

Man, if Brienne and Podrick get to Sandor and Arya I'll be so pissed. Not because of the bizarre situation, nor because they'll probably fight, but C'MON! It took forever to Sandor and Arya to reach the Vale, and Brienne will get there between two episodes?

But. Fuck. Really. Just Fuck.

That will be the biggest logic fail of all time so far in the show, even eclipsing "Asha" going to the Dreadfort, and Mel and her the lamb must have no fear speech.

Really? Brienne is going to come face to face with Arya Stark, having been told Arya is alive, and somehow she is going to fail to figure this out? Jesus wept and so did the Seven.

Locke's adventure was probably the worst logic I've ever seen.

That's the freaking problem. In the books it was a close call, because Jaime is magnificent even with the disadvantages he has. If Sandor goes up against Brienne, he better kill Pod and punch her square in the face. Any fight where Sandor get's bested by Brienne is utter bullshit.

That makes sense, thanks. I do agree though, there is too much boss fighting. Lots of the Castle Black battle scenes looked like isolated instances of single combat, I think Kit's terrific sword play (and flying curls :drool: ) distracted me from noticing that right away.

Kit is good at Hollywood sword play. He wouldn't stand a chance in a real fight I'd imagine (one of those WMA practice fights).

The way he killed every single redshirt with one slash, which is about as unrealistic as you can get, and then that stupid fight with Styr. Ugh, if they had the fighting be realistic than we would have avoided the ridiculously high death toll.

Apparantly, Bron is going with him.

I think Brienne will see that it's Arya, but Arya will not trust her imo. Than there's a fight, which will end with Arya going off to Braavos I guess?

Archived