Cersei is just as 'Mad' as any Targaryen has ever been

Suzanna Stormborn

she makes prince rhaegel seem sane and he used to dance around the red keep naked.

YOu just made me remember one I left out. She has sex with her twin in the tomb room of their dead son. (added to the OP) Now is dancing around naked really 'madder' than that??? I mean I have danced around naked before. But screwing my brother/husband in the room with the corpse of my son is something most people will not be able to check off their bucket list.

:)

Yes I also believe that a lot of this was Tywin's doing for sure. What I also find interesting is that, ok some of the Targs (mainly just Viserys) think that they are gods, above the petty commoners. BUt does his thinking that make him worse than Cersei? He is not responsible for nearly as many deaths as her, he doesnt run a country, so if he is mad the only person it was really affecting was Dany and she was tougher than he was.

I guess the best comparisons would be to the 17 previous Targ kings, and how much damage they caused due solely to their paranoia and madness. Like she has.

I agree she is mad. Whether she was madder than any Targaryen I wont decide until we have the WOIAF in our hands though, as I feel Maegor may give her a run for her money, or perhaps one of the others. But yeah, she's more than a few pennies short of a pound. And I also agree she is Tywin's daughter :)

We can't know if Cersei's madness is truly on par with all the other Targs until she starts yammering on about fire and illness immunities. Though, Myrish swamps are kind of hot, so clearly she has some heat resistance. Still, she needs to acknowledge this resistance/immunity in order to be 'just as mad as any Targ has ever been'.

Like the fire she becomes obsessed with in Feast?

Even Littlefinger is shocked at how fast Cersei is ruining things. I had a hard time believing Cersei isn't Aerys daughter after reading AFFC. Although, when did the Targaryens become mad? If it was after they took over, then maybe it's power that drives people mad.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

FFS, the whole point of the thread was to illustrate how mad a NON-TARGARYEN is. Cersei is not a Targaryen!!!

haha, I guess for some who believe she is, this thread is just further proof of it lol. I mean she does sound exactly like him several times. Waaaayyyyy more so than Dany ever does. I really dont see how anyone could say Dany is mad or paranoid compared to Aerys or Cersei. They could not be more different from Dany if they tried.

haha, I guess for some who believe she is, this thread is just further proof of it lol. I mean she does sound exactly like him several times. Waaaayyyyy more so than Dany ever does. I really dont see how anyone could say Dany is mad or paranoid compared to Aerys or Cersei. They could not be more different from Dany if they tried.

Dany is not paranoid she is just stubborn and hot headed at times. :) Cersei very bitter she was not a man.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

FFS, the whole point of the thread was to illustrate how mad a NON-TARGARYEN is. Cersei is not a Targaryen!!!

Agreed :bowdown:

thank you I love your namesake :)

May your blade chip and shatter. :D

Prince Rhaegal was the one who dressed up the monkey in children's clothes and danced naked around the Red Keep.

Another reason why the Red Keep is lot like "Hotel California." When people "check out," they don't come back.

I think Cersei is worse than Aerys tbh, Aerys was said to have shown a lot of promise as a young king, Cersei was rotten since she was a young girl (twisting Tyrion's penis, killing Melara,etc).

Cersei and Jaime have always put me a little in mind of a novel by Thomas Tryon, "The Other," (ironically) with the themes of twisted sibling bonds, and control.

OH are you referring to the heat tolerance that GRRM himself confirms as well as the wiki and the novels?? I dont understand what that has to do with my post anyway. Seems like you only said that as a smart-ass remark and didnt really want any discussion to come from it. Even if some of the Targs believe they can withstand fire, how does that make them more mad than Cersei? you could actually respond to points in my post if you want.

Shaw: Are all the Targaryans immune to fire?

Martin: No, no Targaryans are immune to fire. The thing with Dany and the dragons, that was just a one-time magical event, very special and unique. The Targaryans can tolerate a bit more heat than most ordinary people, they like really hot baths and things like that, but that doesn't mean they're totally immune to fire, no. Dragons, on the other hand, are pretty much immune to fire.

Oh yes, that heat tolerance that all nobles seem to possess, seeing as they aren't ordinary people.

But come on, it's really difficult to take your post seriously when many of the points you use to illustrate Cersei's madness are ludicrous. According to you, a person is mad if they have consensual sex or exercise reproductive control over their own body. They are especially mad if they have sex at a funeral. Then you use these points to determine that Cersei's madness is greater than all the crazies combined. Seriously? I suppose Sam and Gilly are mad, too, since they also engaged in intercourse at a funeral? I mean, half of your points are all about how Cersei is a deeply horrible person because she exercise control over her own body and wanted to maintain control by attempting to refuse a future marriage.

Your conclusion is that because Aerion killed himself with wildfire, he wasn't as mad, though obviously death precludes future madness. You've determined that Cersei was the only person responsible when there were two people in these sexual relationships. Is Jaime also not to blame? Is Robert let off the hook for not realizing the eggs in the uterus could not be fertilized by sperm jumping from the hand to the vagina?

Then you challenge us to find another leader who has a death toll, which isn't hard to do. It's not as though Cersei acted alone in escalating the war. Let's see, Lysa poisoned Jon Arryn which set things in motion, Renly declared himself king, Ned tried to tell the world that Cersei exercised rights to her own body, Stannis declared himself king, Tywin was looting the Riverlands, Robb was declared king, Mance attacked the watch, the Others were doing their spooky thing and wighting folks. There are a lot of people with death tolls who can be considered sane, and there are a lot of people who are not considered sane who have no death tolls.

I doubt anyone would disagree with the fact that Cersei's touched. She is undeniably mad. But this whole exercise where you attempt to quantify her madness by using points that are fucking ridiculous (i.e. OMG SHE HAD SEX SO OBVIOUSLY SHE'S INSANE). Of course I'm not going to take you seriously. It's offensive.

I have to say, going through the OP again, I'm not seeing anything offensive when put into context given that those TWO mentions are part of a list of characteristics that on the whole qualify for the topics discussion.

Aborting Robert children is a factor in her hatred of Robert, and though he might deserve her hatred, and dealing with this time period, putting her surviving children at risk because they are bastards sired by her twin brother, (and incestuous relationships are hopefully still a taboo in our time), is not smart, and a manifestation of her rage at Robert for rejecting her and not because of any "reproductive control."

Dressing as a boy is another manifestation of her rage because she actually despises her gender for weakness, (when she is the weak one), rather than embracing it.

While the "Myrish Swamp" got "swampier," Cersei was actually engaging in the same abuse that Robert did. She did it to see the point of it, not because she cared.

And she certainly is a hypocrite because if she felt that strongly about her place in life, she could have taken the path that Brienne took with all the social risks that came with it.

Everybody has a little bit of crazy, and every female character loves her children, but Cersei's "monsterfication" of Joffrey, (and certainly Roberts "tough love"didn't help), helped to kill other mothers children and to be fair, the men of this time didn't have a lot of choices either.

YOu just made me remember one I left out. She has sex with her twin in the tomb room of their dead son. (added to the OP) Now is dancing around naked really 'madder' than that??? I mean I have danced around naked before. But screwing my brother/husband in the room with the corpse of my son is something most people will not be able to check off their bucket list.

That's not mad, just kinky. And it was on the altar of the Great Sept, even kinkier. And it was Jaime's idea, not Cersei's.

And yes, Rhaegel dancing around naked was madder than that.

That's not mad, just kinky. And it was on the altar of the Great Sept, even kinkier. And it was Jaime's idea, not Cersei's.

And yes, Rhaegel dancing around naked was madder than that.

Morbid is the right word, Nothing wrong with a bit of kink, but that was.....

Archived