Legend of Korra Season 3

Sci-2

God damn it Nickelodeon!

This doesn't really surprise me. I kind of figured their hand was forced by the leaked episodes followed by one of the creators publicly saying it was Nick's own fault for not airing the episodes despite having all of them. Now that they're past the leak, a delay now means less of a delay between books 3 and 4, assuming there is a book 4.

Which, by the way, could also bring in major views if marketed properly...

Again, I figure the leak deserves a lot of the blame here. The marketing department should have had a plan in place to lead up to season three, which would have been shot to hell when the schedule suddenly moved up.

An update

Bryan Konietzko (co-creator of Avatar & Korra) posted this just a few hours ago on his blog. It seems that Korra isn't necessarily going to be taking a break. As noted, Konietzko states about the show moving to digital. And of course, updates and further news will follow as the week goes on and from San Diego Comic Con. Be sure to follow us on social media to stay informed

Link

Looks like the show is going online

Hang tight, Korra fans. There is 1 new episode this Friday at 8, then the rest of the season will be available from various sites online. We'll let you know when we have more details. Thanks!

and message from Bryan Konietzko on Tumblr http://michaeldantedimartino.tumblr.com/post/92678017815

Korra not cancelled. Moving to Digital. Talk more at SDCC. Thanks for caring.

And in case you had forgotten, Forbes called this, saying Nick was totally fucking up by premiering Korra when and how it was. http://www.forbes.com/sites/merrillbarr/2014/06/23/the-legend-of-korra-should-not-be-premiering-on-nickelodeon-this-friday/

eta: the last part of the Forbes article confirms what I've read elsewhere, season 4 has already been ordered. I THINK that means Nick contractually has to produce them. But it's likely at this point they end up on Nicktoons or only available online. Whatever, I'll take what I can get.

I don't think I've ever seen a network, even a cartoon channel, actively to try to fuck up a great show as much as they can, while at the same time doing zero advertising or giving fans any information. Nickelodeon is paying the creators and staff of the show, and that is it. And we keep saying this every year. I hope we get to see the epsiodes soon.

http://korranation.tumblr.com/post/92735712934/book-3-moving-to-digital-release?vcs=social_20140724_28387386

Hey Korra Nation! Phew. Some of you may have heard versions of this news elsewhere, but here’s the official word. After this Friday’s on-air premiere of Episode 8 “The Terror Within” at 8/7c, all remaining Book 3 episodes will move to a digital rollout. That means two things: 1) Korra is NOT cancelled, 2) the remaining episodes will roll out weekly on Nick.com and the Nick app beginning August 1, as well as on platforms like Amazon, Google Play, Xbox and Hulu.

Thousands of you have been asking to watch this incredible show online, so hopefully this news works in your favor. Mike and Bryan created a breath-taking season for us all…so get ready to watch it all go down!!!

Thanks for being the BEST fans in the industry and see you at Comic-Con

remember - Nick hired M Night to do the live action movie. They probably can't legally be any more incompetent.

Brian and Mike were okay with that move, too. (not sure their reaction when it was done)

So was GRRM with D and D writing all sorts of stuff..

It's not only the big production guys, it's sometimes even the small creators that make wrong decisions.

But you don't know that beforehand.

Netflix needs to buy this RIGHT NOW, or even Amazon. Bankroll these guys to do their best, then DON'T FUCK IT UP! Seriously, can Nick be any more incompetent?

But Nick already paid for the 4th season.

Would they Netflix bankroll the 5th?

Brian and Mike were okay with that move, too. (not sure their reaction when it was done)

So was GRRM with D and D writing all sorts of stuff..

It's not only the big production guys, it's sometimes even the small creators that make wrong decisions.

But you don't know that beforehand.

But GoT is good af, stop the hate on D&D,what did dungeons and dragons ever do to you

If it were a british series, I bet there would be an american spin off...

..what happens though to cancelled american shows?

And I don't hate Dumb and Dumber, I just highly dislike their recent choices. Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum fucked up mid S3 and now have a massive problem..

But that doesn't mean I hate double D.

Hate is not even a word for it. Far worse.

I am disappointed in them.

Great ep. Liked that the bad guys aren't invincible, especially against a contingent of metal benders.

Damn I wish we had episode 9 on today as well...

Ah well, I guess we can wait until next week.

But Nick already paid for the 4th season.

Would they Netflix bankroll the 5th?

No, I mean that Netflix should buy the rights. I think the creators have said they don't want to do more than 4 seasons.

Great ep. Liked that the bad guys aren't invincible, especially against a contingent of metal benders.

Yup, it was excellent. And if they'd really completely stopped the season at this point, they'd have had a revolt, because it ended with a HUGE cliffhanger:

Is Suyin part of the actions of the gang of four? She was definitely super important to getting Korra free, but the way she sent them packing after Aiwei is really suspicious.

Also, based on the name of the last episode this season (Venom of the Red Lotus), it appears we have a name for the gang of four: the Red Lotus. And they seem to have secret agents all over the world, just like the White Lotus did in ATLA. Pretty cool, huh?

Archived