[Book Spoilers] EP410 Discussion

Ran

It's so hard to believe that, in show universe, a healthy Brienne could defeat a sickly Hound? She didn't kick his ass either, it was a rough hard fight between them. I think they were pretty much even, with Brienne being (barely) superior due to the Hound's wounds and state.

Not for me. if this was hound as he in KL then I think the fight would go different. but Hounds been on the road for a while, is probably malnourished and injured. Not that unrealistic for me to think that that would even things up.

It's so hard to believe that, in show universe, a healthy Brienne could defeat a sickly Hound? She didn't kick his ass either, it was a rough hard fight between them. I think they were pretty much even, with Brienne being (barely) superior due to the Hound's wounds and state.

So why not emphasize his wounds if they were the cause of him losing? Or better yet, why not just let him die of his wounds instead of trying to turn the show into Dragon Ball Z for feminists?

In the books, she's nowhere near

In the show, she probably is

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I had my jimmies rustled after the fight, just like I did with the Jaime vs The Beauty (especially when she said his reputation was an act and that he never was really good, something that Ned Stark said as well making it basically a confirmation), but in the end that's the direction they're going with.

Brienne is the undisputed Heavyweight Champion of Westeros and we should just get used to it since it ain't likely to change any time soon.

Especially since Barristan is played by a guy they have to deliberately keep away from action scenes, Jaime not only doesn't have a hand but apparently he isn't really anything special regardless, Mance is a pacifist, the Mountain is a zambambo, Loras is a fairy, Garlan doesn't exist, Victarion and Lyn Corbray are off contemplating the meaning of life or something and the Hound is toast.

That's pretty much it in a nutshell. I had my jimmies rustled after the fight, just like I did with the Jaime vs The Beauty (especially when she said his reputation was an act and that he never was really good, something that Ned Stark said as well making it basically a confirmation), but in the end that's the direction they're going with.

Brienne is the undisputed Heavyweight Champion of Westeros and we should just get used to it since it ain't likely to change any time soon.

Especially since Barristan is played by a guy they have to deliberately keep away from action scenes, Jaime not only doesn't have a hand but apparently he isn't really anything special regardless, Mance is a pacifist, the Mountain is a zambambo, Loras is a fairy, Garlan doesn't exist, Victarion and Lyn Corbray are off contemplating the meaning of life or something and the Hound is toast.

Is it just me or do they seem to be building Jon up to be overly handy in a fight lately too? Maybe they're just doing it with everybody's favourites. Not sure if Brienne is a fan favourite, but still.

Is it just me or do they seem to be building Jon up to be overly handy in a fight lately too? Maybe they're just doing it with everybody's favourites. Not sure if Brienne is a fan favourite, but still.

Seems that way, he did kick a ton of ass this season...even if he got slightly lucky against THE FOOKING LEGEND OF GIN ALLEY.

I have to say, if Kit is doing most of those stunts, he can stay a mediocre wooden actor because the man can move.

Well, he's always been a better fighter than most, but he's definitely improved this year. Makes sense, though.

Seems that way, he did kick a ton of ass this season...even if he got slightly lucky against THE FOOKING LEGEND OF GIN ALLEY.

I have to say, if Kit is doing most of those stunts, he can stay a mediocre wooden actor because the man can move.

Harsh. I think he's improved tons as an actor and was never that bad to start with. He just has to play Jon, who is a wooden character

Harsh. I think he's improved tons as an actor and was never that bad to start with. He just has to play Jon, who is a wooden character

He was much better this season agreed. But nobody can excuse seasons two and three. :laugh:

I know that this is horribly off-topic but since you asked: the goal of (Western) feminism is to maximize female sexual choices and minimize all consequences (moral, economic, etc.) while simultaneously to minimize male sexual choices and maximize all consequences.

As it relates to this particular issue (Brienne vs. The Hound), the ludicrousness of the top female champion besting one of the top male champions is an attempt to: make a demoralizing statement about male competence, show that the best and strongest of men can be neutered by a woman, and downplay the dominance of the alpha male.

Do you genuinely believe this? Serious question. Sometimes I can't tell when people are trolling.

So why not emphasize his wounds if they were the cause of him losing? Or better yet, why not just let him die of his wounds instead of trying to turn the show into Dragon Ball Z for feminists?

I don't know if you do, but I get the impression people are feeling marginalised and unmanned due to women no longer being property etc.

Feminists... Jesus Christ. She beat him, just, because he was injured.

Don't worry no one is gonna make you do "women's work"

I don't know if you do, but I get the impression people are feeling marginalised and unmanned due to women no longer being property etc.

Feminists... Jesus Christ. She beat him, just, because he was injured.

Don't worry no one is gonna make you do "women's work"

Dickhead response to a dickhead debate. Fantabulous.

yeah sorry about that I got a bit angry whilst typing for some reason.

Please feel free to diffuse the situation by calling people dickheads though. Good work.

But yeah... Sorry for the initial post it was a bit silly.

It seems to have worked friend.

Nevermind

He was much better this season agreed. But nobody can excuse seasons two and three. :laugh:

I thought Season 3 was fine- season 2 was the weak one, imo.

In the books, she's nowhere near

In the show, she probably is

If this is true, then why? Was the Hound's character sacrificed in order to build up Brienne's character? If so, why was that necessary? Brienne is one of the shows most likeable characters because of her fighting ability and moral uprightness. Building her up as being the best fighter in Westeros takes her into Mary Sue territory.
I like both Brienne and Sandor. But, if the show decided to sacrifice Sandor's character in order to build up Brienne's, then I think that is cheesy and off-putting. Sandor might never be back in both book and show. I don't think its much to ask that he be sent off like he was in the book, fighting a bunch of dirtbags, rather than one of the series' most sympathetic characters and looking like a chump while doing it.

I don't know about that. She seemed to have left the whole fight with just a few bruises and some scratches. Her whole fight scene had a Rocky IV kinda of feel about it. But, at least Rocky usually left the ring with a couple of black eyes and busted nose.

Archived