Kudos to Rory McCann (possible book spoilers)

GloveroftheNorth

Indeed, that was me! And sadly, yes, the same thing was going on...

Am I sorry I missed it? Nah, not if it contained too much of that droning, LOL

Still, I'm looking forward to paying more attention to some of Sandor's story as I work on my ASOS reread, as I am interested to make note of some of the issues that may come up with Rory and Sandor's return to the show, not to mention, the books.

I would love for the winds of winter to have a chapter with the POV being something like the gravedigger and just being like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SANDOR for ten minutes before reading.

I would love for the winds of winter to have a chapter with the POV being something like the gravedigger and just being like AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SANDOR for ten minutes before reading.

You've hit on a point I've often pondered. I suspect that while outwardly, Sandor talks one of the meanest, angriest, dirtiest deals, his POVs would probably read like that of sweet puppy dog.

I do understand that we aren't getting any new POVs in the upcoming books, right? It's a damn shame, because I'd love to be proven right and purr at puppy dog like musings. We definitely don't want an epilogue or prologue, though, don't all of those bite the dust?

• 4 weeks later...

I hated the Brienne vs. Sandor fight, I always will.

He didn't steal the villager's money, in the books, he worked hard but had to leave because they knew he was the Hound, he couldn't escape the past, because it was on his face. But on the show, they made him slug the man and take his money. And he didn't want to kill the man with the wagon, either. And he never hit Arya.

And he taught her to give the gift of mercy in a kind way, she said "almost tenderly." "Do you remember where the heart is" wasn't just about killing. That's what their whole story together was about, especially that last scene - she lost the family she loved and he found love with Sansa and the effects this had on both of them.

She left in the books because she was conflicted, he was Sansa's pack, and he had become hers, too. She told herself she could just leave, then "I wouldn't have to kill him." Like you said, she makes up a reason for going, you should have saved my life better and saved my mother (= been a superhero), but that's not why he was on her list.

Here's an interview, I think she got it here:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2014/06/15/maisie-williams-on-arya-stark-the-hound-and-the-game-of-thrones-finale/

I so agree with you Le Cygne! D & D missed the Hound's real journey with Arya and turned into the Hound & Arya's Traveling Vaudeville Show. I was seriously disappointed when he wanted to kill the carter and beat up and robbed the farmer. I agree the chemistry of the actors was great and it was wasted on cheap violence and jokes.

I have mixed feeling about the actual fight because as it was staged I thought it was a good fight. The one fight I liked better with the Hound was the fight with Beric Dondarrion. I think Rory deserves kudos tho, the Hound character was done a disservice by the writing but he did grow into the roll. I hope he returns.

No, Sandor, please don't fight for them, don't turn into Lancel, not another hypocrite evangelical fundamentalist. This is not the philosophical approach to religion the Elder Brother might teach.

Preach it sister! I agree with you, no religious raver for Sandor please! I hope a hairy Sandor does come back into the book and show.

However, if Sandor is on the QI, and since he can only grow hair on the non-burned side of his head, does he have half of a tonsure? Ugh! NOOOOO!!!

After riding days in the Vale, Brienne of Tarth finally finds Sansa Stark. Dialogue for Game of Thrones, Brienne finds Sansa Edition:

Brienne: Lady Sansa, I am Brienne of Tarth and I am here to protect you.

Sansa: Protect me?

Brienne: Yeah, that's right, I swore and oath to protect you and and your sister.

Sansa: Well, thank you Brienne of Tarth. Speaking of my sister, have you heard anything about her?

Brienne: Well, um, er, um, er, yeah, well I saw her.

Sansa: Well, Brienne, assuming you're not bullshitting me here, you think you might have handled things a little differently?

Brienne: Uh, yeah.

Sansa: Oh, and where did a new Valarian steel sword come from?

Brienne: Um, ah, it was reforged from one taken from a traitor to King Jeoffry.

Sansa: ICE! OMG that was my father's sword! LF, call the guards and put this wench in chains!

too many hints! Gravedigger confirmed :commie:

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-tv/game-of-thrones-comic-con-051631400.html

McCann, who plays Sandor Clegane, better known as The Hound, teased a possible Season 5 spoiler: "I still can't believe I'm in it. Or was in it. Or am I in it? I don't know. It's great to be part of this."

And what about his limping entrance at the GOT panel at San Diego Comic-Con? :D

Look at him here, too, Hibberd from EW (this is the one Benioff/Weiss talk to a lot, he told them he knows better than to ask if the Hound is dead) wants to ask but knows better, and Rory says he can't say. Look at the twinkle in GRRM's eye during that, start at around 2:55:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/26/why-george-r-r-martin-wont-write-a-thrones-episode-this-season/

Also this is very telling, Weiss: "I would hope you can't help but love The Hound in spite of yourself, a little bit." And they spent the better part of a season trying to accomplish precisely that.

He was awesome on the San Diego Comic Con panel. Some funny moments talking about his final fight scene with Gwen Christie, and great chemistry. Another comment of his that stood out but can't find it was when he talked about what a fright his reflection in the mirror was when filming the Blackwater episode in Sansa's room.

Here's the panel, and I'll add the time marker when I find it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfgCpkHW1IE#t=2098

too many hints! Gravedigger confirmed :commie:

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/yahoo-tv/game-of-thrones-comic-con-051631400.html

And what about his limping entrance at the GOT panel at San Diego Comic-Con? :D

And how about the way he ducks under the table at 8:56 when Craig Ferguson asks the cast members whose character is still alive to raise their hands? :D

And how about the way he ducks under the table at 8:56 when Craig Ferguson asks the cast members whose character is still alive to raise their hands? :D

Exactly.

Yeah, he is so coming back. He knows it. We know it.

P.S. YAY!!!!!!!

Yes, but when! I don't want to wait.

Haha! Good point.

I don't mind waiting a little bit (the whole "makes the heart grow fonder" bit) but definitely not a whole season. At the very minimum, I would like/expect to see a gravedigger or some other cameo in season 5.

If he doesn't make any appearance at all next season, I'll be quite disappointed.

I definitely need to check out more of these ComiCon vids. I am loving Rory and Sandor more and more. The above posts are really encouraging, I just adore even reading about Rory. I can't overstate how much he's become one of the brightest spots for me on the show, even with how much they fuck up his story.

Archived