Season 5 Casting v.2

Chebyshov

for the iron islands arc next year I see Vic being cut and the greyjoy uncles being euron and aeron. I think they will simplify the plot by having euron go directly to Danny and have a showdown with her in season 6. This is of course assuming that she does get in a showdown with him in the books.

But Dany already has her 93 ships so my guess that not only is Vic being cut but so his entire storyline of him (or any other Greyjoy) traveling to Mereen.

In some ways it makes very little sense that Jaqen would be the Kindly Man...but he was awesome and the ladies liked him so who gives a fuck.

Well, they took away our Tysha, our 'Only Cat', our 'Wherever whores go', our 'Lancel, Osmund, and Moonboy for all I know'. Also Colhands, his elk, Lady Stoneheart and Tom O'Seven.

THEY BETTER GIVE US SOMETHING.

Heh, I was just arguing that it doesn't make much sense for that face to ever show up again, and I'll stand by it not making much sense with the faceless men operation depicted in the books, but I'm sure it will make great TV that I'll enjoy watching.

If Jaqen shows back up with his Jaqen face, does that squish the Jaqen is Sirio theory (at least in the show?). Arya trusted Sirio more than she trusted Jaqen; if they want to present her with a friendly faced mentor you'd think they'd give her Sirio.

My guess is he'll be the Kindly Man and then in S6 take on his role in the Citadel. I've been saying it for a while - towards the end of the season, he has to leave on an assignment to Old Town and Arya helps Sam hitch a ride on his ship. Back in Braavos Arya still has the Waif to bounce off of. Excellent news.

I was kindof hoping for Giancarlo Gianni but I wouldn't complain if Tom Ican'tspellhislastname returns as the Kindly Man.

As for "wherever whores go" and "lancel, osmund and moonboy", their constant repetition through ADWD and AFFC made me sick of them and not miss them on the show in the least. I do miss "only cat" though. And LSH may yet show up.

I was kindof hoping for Giancarlo Gianni but I wouldn't complain if Tom Ican'tspellhislastname returns as the Kindly Man.

As for "wherever whores go" and "lancel, osmund and moonboy", their constant repetition through ADWD and AFFC made me sick of them and not miss them on the show in the least. I do miss "only cat" though. And LSH may yet show up.

I don't think anyone missed the repetition of those lines throughout ADWD, just their initial use and what they meant.

To be perfectly honest I think Jaqen would be as good if not better as Arya's mentor. I think it could speed up Arya's storyline by taking out her time chopping vegetables in the temple and get straight into FM training. Jaqen's mission to Oldtown would be at the very least at the end of Season 5 but most likely Season 6 - could this mean Arya has had enough time to complete her training? I do think D&D will want to speed up Arya's storyline if they still plan on only doing 7 seasons.

Archived