Django Unchained

Jaxom 1974

Unintentionally revolutionizing stripping throughout the world.

I wouldn't call that dance stripping. It's sexy because she just oozes confidence and power, it's not about her lack of clothes, though that helps because she's gorgeous LOL.

I felt this way too.
Dicaprio was just so good in this, its a shame he was up against with regards to awards.
I must admit, I didn't enjoy Waltz's performance nearly as much as everyone else. He was just so good in Inglorious Basterds that anything that comes after just falls flat for me.
Also, I don't understand why Will Smith refused this role. He would have absolutely killed it.

Tarantino refused to give Waltz' role to Jaden :p

Smith has a legendary talent at turning down epic roles for bad ones. He could have been Neo in the Matrix ffs.

That's because the Wachowski's didn't believe that Jaden was able to convincingly portray Morpheus :p

I love keanu so much he IS NEO

hahaa

I'd agree if The Matrix was a stand alone film. It's one of the worst trilogies ever though and I feel that Smith could have resolved that to some degree.

Wait

WTF am I saying.....

There's no fixing those two shit stains called "movies"

Meh. I dunno. I can't see Will Smith playing it with the hardness of Foxx. Watching that guy get ripped up like that...Will Smith is too likeable, too safe at this point. I can't remember the last time I found him threatening.

I honestly think that there's little he could have added. The thing you mention is a script problem, it's like saying that Halle Berry could have made Brunhilde less of a plot device: maybe, on a meta level if she forced a change, but this is Tarantino; I doubt he'd get muscled on his script. Your problem seems like something that should be laid at the writer's feet really.

I like all the matrix films ;D

Are you Joff's secret daughter?

Too bad Will Smith turned it down. Foxx was alright but he made Django more of an object the other characters worked around rather than the focal point.

He was the fourth best actor in the movie, so he shouldn't get as much screen time until it was necessary. That being said I actually really liked him in this.

DiCaprio's acting was flawless, he did an incredible job. While filming that scene at the dinner table after he learns he's been had, he slams down a glass and blood drips down his hand. That was his real blood. He was so into character that he SLICED HIS HAND OPEN, CONTINUES ACTING THROUGH THE SCENE, and once they stopped rolling, he had to get stitches. The other actors sitting at the table were genuinely shocked, if you watch their faces close enough. Rewatch the scene. You'll enjoy it even more now.

DiCaprio's acting was flawless, he did an incredible job. While filming that scene at the dinner table after he learns he's been had, he slams down a glass and blood drips down his hand. That was his real blood. He was so into character that he SLICED HIS HAND OPEN, CONTINUES ACTING THROUGH THE SCENE, and once they stopped rolling, he had to get stitches. The other actors sitting at the table were genuinely shocked, if you watch their faces close enough. Rewatch the scene. You'll enjoy it even more now.

I always wondered about the blood on his hand and how shocked everyone was. DiCaprio has turned in 3 Oscar winning performances, but is always snubbed:

Best Actor: Titanic

Best Supporting Actor: Django Unchained

Best Actor: The Wolf of Wall Street

I always wondered about the blood on his hand and how shocked everyone was. DiCaprio has turned in 3 Oscar winning performances, but is always snubbed:

Best Actor: Titanic

Best Supporting Actor: Django Unchained

Best Actor: The Wolf of Wall Street

Please, I like him a lot - I really do. But every year he's up, someone is arguably just that little bit better.

It's the fact people like Glenn Close have never won an oscar that gets to me and that gloria swanson didnt get one for sunset boulevard. DiCaprio probably will one day tbh

Please, I like him a lot - I really do. But every year he's up, someone is arguably just that little bit better.

It's the fact people like Glenn Close have never won an oscar that gets to me and that gloria swanson didnt get one for sunset boulevard. DiCaprio probably will one day tbh

Honestly, they should just give him one so that we can stop having this discussion every time his name is brought up. There should be a convenient chart we can bring up to show his competition.

What really annoys me is that this has become a meme, so we now have to sit and wonder whether he'll ever win for a part that he shouldn't win for just to "give him his due".

I think he should have won for Django. Or at least been nominated. I felt his performance was definitely stronger than Waltz (who won the award). But I don't really place much stock in Oscars or Emmys anymore tbh

Looking at it and that's a very weak year,probably the weakest of his "snubs". I'd immediately knock out the noms from both Argo and SLP and the only thing left is Philip Seymour Hoffman for The Master. A formidable challenge sure, but probably the closest he's gotten. I honestly feel as if Waltz got by mostly on sentiment here; he has that David O. Russell award charisma.

(But seriously, that year seems seriously half-assed wrt Best Supporting Actors.)

Archived