GRRM briefly talks TWOW

Mark Antony

GET HYPE

I usually don't like Dany because all of the "but I'm but a young girl who knows not the ways of" BS, I know that's just something she says to throw off her enemies, but I feel her naive personality doesn't match her conqueror actions. She's still a nice girl. You can be nice and safe or you can be ruthless and conquer, Dany having it both ways is annoying and makes her sound hypocritical.

Now, if she embraces Fire and Blood she will become 100x more interesting and I might just start liking her more.

Wouldn't it make more sense to gather the troops and go look for her in the Dothraki Sea before abandoning Essos altogether?

Given the size of the Dothraki Sea and the fact that they have little in the way of cavalry, perhaps not.

It's not official, but realistically looking at the story in addition to his editor saying there will possibly be eight books, I think it is going to happen.

Well, if it's too long they just may publish ADOS in two volumes, like ASOS was - in some countries at least, it was published in two volumes, so we may still have 7 books, but 8 volumes or something like that.

I doubt Dany flying around on Drogon and going to Vaes Dothrak to gather the khalasars together will be something that stays quiet. But Barry and Tyrion will be busy trying to stay alive and straightening up the whole mess in Meereen.

well from what we've seen in ADwD it seems more like the other way around.

How would he betray her exactly ?

I don't know, I mean... it's ASOIAF, it's supposed to be completely unexpected, and I think that Brienne betraying Jaime would be too obvious. She loves Jaime, but on the other hand, Jaime, even though he does like her and respects her, I wouldn't say he really cares about her. I don't know, it's just a prediction. Given the type of writer GRRM is, it's not going to be as simple as that, the way I see it.

I really hope "Tyrion and Dany don't interact much" means that right early on, like around page 150 after the battle, Dany shows up and says "Hey, you and Barristan take my armies and sail to Westeros right now. Imma gonna ride with the Dothraki to the narrowest point on the narrow sea and get boats there. We'll probably sack everything on the way. See you at Dragonstone at the 2/3rds mark of the book. Ride or die."

I really want to see some progress on that story, and get it out of Essos.

I really hope "Tyrion and Dany don't interact much" means that right early on, like around page 150 after the battle, Dany shows up and says "Hey, you and Barristan take my armies and sail to Westeros right now. Imma gonna ride with the Dothraki to the narrowest point on the narrow sea and get boats there. We'll probably sack everything on the way. See you at Dragonstone at the 2/3rds mark of the book. Ride or die."

I wish. It actually looks like either Daenerys will abandon Mereen for good or that the Dragonbinder horn is going to work and Team Daenerys join Victarion at the lack of a better prospect

Just two? The zone with the least excitement is the riverlands, and even that has LSH. Everywhere is primed to explode, sometimes in multiple ways. (The north)
“I think we’re gonna start out with a big smash with the two enormous battles,” Martin says

Marriages, apparently being synonymous with death and betrayal
“We have more deaths, and we have more betrayals. We have more marriages.”

If he isn't introducing any new view points and things are happening at the wall that's a pretty good sign Jon will be alive, becasue I doubt he wants to reveal that much about Melisandre. Also Dany may have forgotten Hazzea, but she remembers Eroeh. Jhaqo will drown in fire and blood
Martin says the Dothraki are coming back into the story (“in a big way”), and he says “a lot of stuff is happening at The Wall.

Look out, Crones! One of the 3 fires Stormy is to light is likely the one she'll ignite under your arses to cause a seismic shift in Dothraki culture! Not only should the Khalisars swerve into her service, but their modus operendi should change so they're less of hindrance to the east's development and more of a helper in birthing the new world she's forging there. Khals as the new sherriffs.

Well, if it's too long they just may publish ADOS in two volumes, like ASOS was - in some countries at least, it was published in two volumes, so we may still have 7 books, but 8 volumes or something like that.

That's a possibility but I think his editor might want to make more money with an eighth book just like how she pushed some of the material in ADWD to WoW

I wish. It actually looks like either Daenerys will abandon Mereen for good or that the Dragonbinder horn is going to work and Team Daenerys join Victarion at the lack of a better prospect

I don't see Tyrion or Barristan abandoning Dany For Victarion. Aegon, possibly. Victarion, no.

You and me both, man. But I can't shake the feeling that we'll go back to Volantis, Pentos, and Vaes Dothrak before that...

So Dany to be a Targaryen? I see Targ - madness. bwhuhaha

I don't care if Tyrion and Dany meet, I just hope the Danaerys chapters will be of the same quality as her last one in adwd, because that was her best chapter in the whole series, all before levelled between subpar - mediocre - okay.

So Dany to be a Targaryen? I see Targ - madness. bwhuhaha

I don't care if Tyrion and Dany meet, I just hope the Danaerys chapters will be of the same quality as her last one in adwd, because that was her best chapter in the whole series, all before levelled between subpar - mediocre - okay.

I've never understood this. Cersei can get sexually excited at destroying the tower of the hand with wildfire and nobody notices, Dany resolves to be less nice and everyone loses their mind.

That would be pretty rad.

GRRM totally pulled a varys. He told us what happens while telling us nothing at all. I'm not surprised Dany and Tyrion stay in essos, but I'm sure they'll slowly make their way west throughout the book. But this makes me think they will go straight to the wall when they arrive in westeros, after hearing in the free cities about others. My geuss is either:

A. Tyrion and Dany meet breifly in the beginning then leave eachother and then have completly different motives and agendas from then on out

B.they never really meet but Tyrion helps her cause from a distance, because shes the most likely cause to help him gain power.

C. I'm completly wrong. This is the most likely answer because GRRM never writes what anyone would expect.

I'm calling it right now though. Tom o Sevens puts poison in the pigeon pie at daven Lannisters wedding

And old nan will sit the iron throne. (now I'm just being an asshole. lol. I don't even think shes still alive)

Archived