GRRM briefly talks TWOW

Mark Antony

You too, huh ?

It's so frustrating! I bet he means metaphorical "home," damn him.

I think Dany and Tyrion will meet fairly early on in TWOW but then separate shortly after that. Either that or events somehow conspire so that Tyrion leaves Slaver's Bay prior to Dany and they don't meet up until they're in Westeros.

This seems pretty plausible to me. But god, if Dany talks all of TWOW to get out of Slaver's Bay, that will be so sad.

link

relevant quotes

Hmmm - what are these betrayals you speak of Sir?

“Well, Tyrion and Dany will intersect, in a way, but for much of the book they’re still apart,” he says. “They both have quite large roles to play here. Tyrion has decided that he actually would like to live, for one thing, which he wasn’t entirely sure of during the last book, and he’s now working toward that end—if he can survive the battle that’s breaking out all around him. And Dany has embraced her heritage as a Targaryen and embraced the Targaryen words. So they’re both coming home.

Well, at least we know that Dany will finally arrive to Westeros.

It's so frustrating! I bet he means metaphorical "home," damn him.

This seems pretty plausible to me. But god, if Dany talks all of TWOW to get out of Slaver's Bay, that will be so sad.

Yeah, I may need a break, because I see....Dany and Tyrion both screwing around in Essos for most of the book....and probably don't get to Westeros until near the end...when I read those quotes. I don't feel happy, it reinforces all of my worst fears of another novel where nothing gets resolved that is important to the main story.

And more betrayals and deaths from the guy who keeps saying he's not a nihilist. Okay George.

Hmmm - what are these betrayals you speak of Sir?

I hope one involves Sansa betraying the shit out of Littlefinger.

The Northernmen gutting the Freys in Winterfell and opening the gates to Stannis.

Robert Strong going crazy in the Red Keep and beheading everyone within reach preferably Tommen and Myrcella

And Brienne killing Jaime

Does him making a statement like this indicate anything when the book might come out or is an interview like this par for the course?

Well at least he knows what will happen and he is thinking about it so it's good news :)

Unless we're getting Ghost!Jon (heh, that works on two levels) POVs, it seems like Mel must be our viewpoint on the Wall, if there's going to be a lot of stuff happening there.

What if Jon just...recovers from his wounds?

Does him making a statement like this indicate anything when the book might come out or is an interview like this par for the course?

Well he's certainly given some infamous interviews before, like this 2009 one: http://www.freemagazine.fi/interview-with-fiction-writer-george-rr-martin/, but I'm not sure ones with plot details quite like this, specifically. Still, I'm drawing the over/under line at March 2016

Unless we're getting Ghost!Jon (heh, that works on two levels) POVs, it seems like Mel must be our viewpoint on the Wall, if there's going to be a lot of stuff happening there.

Which means more mystical stuff!

Maybe he is just giving interviews and promoting ASOIAF because "The World of Ice and Fire" will be coming out soon.

I hope one involves Sansa betraying the shit out of Littlefinger.

The Northernmen gutting the Freys in Winterfell and opening the gates to Stannis.

Robert Strong going crazy in the Red Keep and beheading everyone within reach preferably Tommen and Myrcella

And Brienne killing Jaime

This needs to happen, like yesterday.

Archived