Martin Teases TWOW in EW....

Druze

"Hey Arya! Do you know what's awesome? I'm going to be a tree!"

"Oh, come on, that is so lame. I've been murdering people for the last three years and right now I'm training to be an assassin!"

:blushing:

*Runs to coffee table, and grabs kindle for a reread*........ It's time :p

Thanks NK, lol but Bran wouldn't use words like "awesome" ..... Ayra might lol but not Bran :p

:blushing:

*Runs to coffee table, and grabs kindle for a reread*........ It's time :P

Thanks NK, lol but Bran wouldn't use words like "awesome" ..... Ayra might lol but not Bran :P

Sansa and Jon:

Sansa: So, uh. Btw, sorry for being such a bitch to you before. It sucks being a bastard, I know.

Jon: Well, see, that's the funny thing. Turns out I'm not a bastard after all.

Sansa: Oh, really?

Jon: Yeah, it's really funny. I'm not actually your half-brother.

Sansa: You're not?

Jon: Yup, not even your brother, either. We're cousins!

Sansa: Cousins?

Jon: Yeah, it was really weird finding that out.

Sansa: ...I bet.

Jon: Of course, not as weird as finding out that I am the rightful heir to the Iron Throne and all.

Sansa: Rightful heir?!

Jon: Yeah, I'm half Targaryan. Can you believe it?

Sansa: ......

I'm most interested in the "more marriages" bit. A few possibilities:

Aegon/someone: Arianne seems the most likely choice, but I think Elia Sand might throw a spanner in the works. I gotta say Aegon/Sansa strikes me as incredibly unlikely.

Daven/Frey: Even if it won't turn into the Red Wedding 2.0, they're still likely to get married in TWOW.

Sansa/Harry: This one also strikes me as unlikely, but "marriages" implies more than one.

I'm kind of sad that Sansa and Arya didn't warrant a mention in GRRM's tease.

I think that GRRM said that we will see Highgarden and CR in the next books.

People suggest that Dany will land at the Vale, because it is the place where Visenya went during the conquest.

At the time, Ronnel Arryn was the boy King and the de facto ruler was his mother, beautiful Sharra.

While Sharra and her army prepared to face the Targaryen army, all it took for Visenya to conquer them, was to take the King for a flight on her dragon.

The fact that the current Lord is SR and Sansa is by his side, makes people assume that history will repeat.

I hadn't heard/realized this, but I kind of love it. I believe Dany will go to the Wall first, but that doesn't mean this can't happen. Also, the symmetry between SR's "I want to see him fly!" and SR flying would be very nice.

I am thinking more along the lines of them getting engaged but not marrying. Though it would be interesting to see the turn of events after what happened last time.

This! I think LF would be behind this one, his Tyrell alliance helping him set aside Arianne. Perhaps they switch sides, and convince Aegon to take a Stark lady instead, like his father. If Aegon shuns Arianne for Sansa, this could push Dorne back into Dany's hands... very interesting. We know the Tyrells will not accept her with the ironborn on her side, since they've ravaged their lands.

Man I could come up with all kinds of crackpots for this.

So much to look forward to. The Battle near Winterfell. The developments surrounding Dany and the Dragons.

Loved hearing that lots of stuff will be happening at the Wall, because that is precisely what I'm hoping for. Significant Bran chapters please.

Didn't we already have a book where they intersect "in a way" but are actually apart? I should be surprised by this, but not anymore....

Well, the fact that he says they're apart for most of the book implies that they do intersect later on, no? And, the fact that he knows they don't intersect for most of the book is probably a good sign that he's made significant progress on the book, no?

Of course, I could be totally reading it wrong.

I'd watch Tyrion burn just to ensure a Arya and Jon reunion, I'd even throw Dany into the fire Just to appease the gods.

I still don't what the fuss is about, why are people so insistent on Tyrion and Dany meeting/ friendship BS. Her associating with Tyrion will only make her look bad in front of the Lord's of Westeros. If she took his head, it would be justice in the eyes of Westeros. =)

I must be in the minority that cares not if the imp lives or dies =( I just want Jon to survive!

Yeah, I'm more worried about Jon, Theon, Stannis, Roose and Davos. I think Arya will be fine though but I'm eager for a Stark reunion too. It's the other five that concern me the most.

YAY...said no one.

:lmao:

So GRRM released some pretty major spoilers as far as he and spoiling go.

-Tyrion and Dani are going to still be major characters but alas, they aren't going to intersect directly for much of the story.

-Dothraki! GRRM said that the book will be spending some time in the Dothraki sea

-2 major battles are going to kick off rather early according to GRRM

-The wall is going to be focused on a lot in TWOW

-Perhaps the biggest news is that both Dani and Tyrion are "both coming home" though that is all he said and lots of different people might read into that differently

http://www.mtv.com/news/1855814/george-r-r-martin-winds-of-winter-teases-daenerys-tyrion/

The quote was that the Dothraki would be making a "big" return. Not that we'd be spending time in the Dothraki Sea. They could be arriving in Meereen to relieve the siege on the city?

I honestly think that with all these teases that Martin is meaning for Winds of Winter to come fairly soon. Maybe late 2014, early 2015

I hope so too. He surprised me with revealing so much. My bet is on 2015.

While it's on topic, Jon's conversation with anyone including him being Targ is sureal for me, even though I'm aware of it quite a time.

Just makes me laugh every time when I try imagine him revealing anyone he's a Targ...especially Sansa and Arya :lol:

I hope so too. He surprised me with revealing so much. My bet is on 2015.

While it's on topic, Jon's conversation with anyone including him being Targ is sureal for me, even though I'm aware of it quite a time.

Just makes me laugh every time when I try imagine him revealing anyone he's a Targ...especially Sansa and Arya :lol:

I know right? I feel bad for the poor guy, trying to explain this to his family and friends. How can he even tell them in a way that sounds believable? He almost NEEDS Bran to do the talking for him with the Starks.

Being of Targaryen parentage in the North is more likely to be a handicap than a help, the North will remember that the dragonlords murdered their old lord (Rickard) and his heir (Brandon)... if Jon achieves anything great it'll be because of what *he* is, not what his father or mother were. Which is, as always, the only way that a bastard ever achieves anything great: therefore it is necessary for literary purpose that Jon still remain a bastard in the eyes of the world, even if a bastard of a Targaryen father and Stark mother, rather than Stark father and Unknown mother. Due to having been brought up in the North, he will still be a Snow unless adopted by one of his families into legitimization - which is a thing Robb Stark has done, in his will, giving Jon the Stark surname and the rights of a trueborn brother.

I seriously doubt it will end in seven books, it will be many more than that, if it is ever finished

Feels like 8 books to me. No evidence, that was just my sense on finishing Dance: that there was a little too much to wrap up in just 2 more books, he was going to need 3.

Archived