Martin Teases TWOW in EW....

Druze

I would have to say agree with Hodor above, here heritage as a Targaryen is "blood and fire." She will definitely be messing shit up with her new khalasar. Also most of these 'hints' a lot of us book readers already kind of expected...Had a feeling there would be marraiges, betrayals and battles. Wouldn't be ASOIAF without all that, right?

I agree: Blood and fire it will be. Once she unites the Dothraki, She will kill anyone who stands in her way at slavers bay. Dany will be ruthless, no more nice girl.

As some mentioned he gives away that Jon lives because of the statement much is going on on the wall.

I don't think that is conclusive. Because not all what is going on has to be seen directly through a POV and there is Asha, Theon and Davos near the Wall, and all can reach it in a decent time. Oh and of course Melisandre for the direct contact to the events on the Wall.

Lol, if you would be surprised at their first meeting being in the Seven Kingdoms you don't understand how out of control this story has become.

Man, that is so true. People still think that the story is perfectly trimmed and will neatly end in 7 just as GRRM intended.

This guy doesn't outline his work and that's why it spins out if control. He isn't a disciplined writer.

Man, that is so true. People still think that the story is perfectly trimmed and will neatly end in 7 just as GRRM intended.

This guy doesn't outline his work and that's why it spins out if control. He isn't a disciplined writer.

He is a self-professed "gardener" when it comes to writing. He likes sitting in the soil, pulling weeds, and figuring out which plant to put in next. (Not an image that is bad. Fiddling with her flower garden is my mom's favorite past time.)

7 books is his goal, but unless he has suddenly converted into an "architect", he will not know until he's well into book 7 whether it'll be the last one or not.

I remember a writer name Robert Jordan who swore up and down that his series would end with One. Last. Book. It took three more very large tomes to finish it out. I'm not trying to derail with a WoT debate. It's just an illustration of how author plans can be swept away under the flood of hundreds of thousands of words.

OP

This is a bombshell.

A lot of people figured she would be spending some time with the dothraki and not getting to Westeros. But meeting with Tyrion very early was just a given. I am actually really annoyed with GRRM because him and his defenders have repeatedly said that WoW is the book where the story starts the contract and we get POV characters being amalgamated. Dany and Tyrion linking was THE BIG ONE. But to learn that at least more than half the novel is spent with them apart, plus presumably everyone with her like Jorah, Barristan, Victarion and everyone else in Meereen is a huge let down. I dread what he means by "in a way" they meet. If he means that Tyrion sees her on dragonback attacking them and they are forced apart then that would be major trolling on GRRM part to have made his journey to Dany utterly pointless.

It also confirms that dozens of new dothraki characters will be introduced if Dany is spending most of the book on her own doing her own thing with the dothraki.

Potentially one of two things can happen at Meereen.

1) The Battle and siege last most of WoW and is only resolved when Dany arrives.

2) Circumstances force all or most of the characters, including Tyrion to leave and they do other things.

Neither prospect looks good for Winds. Dragging out the battle would be maintaining the holding pattern purely to give Dany time to get another huge army. Whilst Tyrion being forced from Meereen renders his journey pointless since the whole point was to meet Dany.

It really feels like GRRM read all those negative comments about Meereen, holding patterns and Tyrion not getting to meet Dany and spited them all by writing in even more pulp material to keep away the plot movement in Essos.

Also, I really hope this is JUST Tyrion who doesn't get to meet Dany. It would be so annoying if Jorah doesn't get to meet Dany and the rest of her supporters and dragons. Jorah in particular does nothing for Tyrions storyline and I can't imagine why he would follow Tyrion when hes convinced Dany will return to Meereen and hates Tyrions guts; with GRRM not really building up a decent interplay between them.

Sansa and Jon:

Sansa: So, uh. Btw, sorry for being such a bitch to you before. It sucks being a bastard, I know.

Oh yeah, we all remember those times when Sansa was a bitch to Jon...

Oh wait... no, we don't, and neither does Jon.

He is a self-professed "gardener" when it comes to writing. He likes sitting in the soil, pulling weeds, and figuring out which plant to put in next. (Not an image that is bad. Fiddling with her flower garden is my mom's favorite past time.)

7 books is his goal, but unless he has suddenly converted into an "architect", he will not know until he's well into book 7 whether it'll be the last one or not.

I remember a writer name Robert Jordan who swore up and down that his series would end with One. Last. Book. It took three more very large tomes to finish it out. I'm not trying to derail with a WoT debate. It's just an illustration of how author plans can be swept away under the flood of hundreds of thousands of words.

This!!

They will fight to the death, mounted on dragons, Daenerys will try to toss a spear at Tyrion in mid air, and Tyrion will try to toss Penny at Daenerys and knock her off her mount.

I really shouldn't laugh at this.

OP

This is a bombshell.

A lot of people figured she would be spending some time with the dothraki and not getting to Westeros. But meeting with Tyrion very early was just a given. I am actually really annoyed with GRRM because him and his defenders have repeatedly said that WoW is the book where the story starts the contract and we get POV characters being amalgamated. Dany and Tyrion linking was THE BIG ONE. But to learn that at least more than half the novel is spent with them apart, plus presumably everyone with her like Jorah, Barristan, Victarion and everyone else in Meereen is a huge let down. I dread what he means by "in a way" they meet. If he means that Tyrion sees her on dragonback attacking them and they are forced apart then that would be major trolling on GRRM part to have made his journey to Dany utterly pointless.

It also confirms that dozens of new dothraki characters will be introduced if Dany is spending most of the book on her own doing her own thing with the dothraki.

Potentially one of two things can happen at Meereen.

1) The Battle and siege last most of WoW and is only resolved when Dany arrives.

2) Circumstances force all or most of the characters, including Tyrion to leave and they do other things.

Neither prospect looks good for Winds. Dragging out the battle would be maintaining the holding pattern purely to give Dany time to get another huge army. Whilst Tyrion being forced from Meereen renders his journey pointless since the whole point was to meet Dany.

It really feels like GRRM read all those negative comments about Meereen, holding patterns and Tyrion not getting to meet Dany and spited them all by writing in even more pulp material to keep away the plot movement in Essos.

Also, I really hope this is JUST Tyrion who doesn't get to meet Dany. It would be so annoying if Jorah doesn't get to meet Dany and the rest of her supporters and dragons. Jorah in particular does nothing for Tyrions storyline and I can't imagine why he would follow Tyrion when hes convinced Dany will return to Meereen and hates Tyrions guts; with GRRM not really building up a decent interplay between them.

In the interview, GRRM mentions that the book starts off with a bang - the two big battles (Winterfell & Meereen). To me, if the book starts off with the battles, it implies that the middle & end of the book are about other things. Martin has not really dwelt for a long time on actual battles - many of them are told in flashback by non POV characters to POV characters who were not there: Tyrion being knocked unconscious and then told about the outcome of the battle... Robb telling Catelyn about his big surprise attack that captured Jamie Lannister...we got Blackwater details after Tyrion and Davos were knocked out of the fight, and the battle at the First of the First Men was Sam's flashback... heck, even Drogo getting injured was not directly told.

And, it could be that Tyrion is shuffled off to a different group of ships on the crossing over to Westeros (Tyrion in the first wave, Dany with the bulk of the fleet?). Or, maybe Dany goes ahead on her dragon, with the Unsullied, Ironborn, Dothraki, etc, all following on the ships?

I am fairly interested in Daenerys remembering her house words. A lot of theories I see floating around about Dany is how she will gain Dothraki support, get all of Victarion's ships and sail to Westoros with all three dragons... or normally something along those lines.

I feel like there could be a good chance that Drogon is killed and Victarion takes Viserion and Rhaegal. I have been trying to understand what would make the Dothraki join Dany, but have been lacking many good ideas. She used blood magic and many might relate that to the birth of the dragons. Dothraki are fighters and I subscribe to the idea that they are hunting Drogon. What Dothraki wouldn't want to claim to have killed a dragon ? When they do find Dany and Drogon they must've been tracking them. Drogon was flying through the sky, even if he wasn't spotted, they would've been able to read the signs of the environment and hear him. The Dothraki are hunters.

Then if Victarion claims one of the other dragons or even both. (I also subscribe to the idea that there is a possibility that Quentyn is alive, but it is so far-fetched like a fair bit of this prediction lets just say Victarion gets hold of both or at least one.) Then makes off back to Pike. Again, with Victarion I realise that he wants to make Daenerys his wife, but there are two problems I see with this. First being all information that Victarion would get about Dany would point to him believing she were dead. Secondly if she were back in Meereen I find it hard to believe that he would treat her as equal and offer him his ships. He is Ironborn and would make her a saltwife. No one cared that Asha was Balon's daughter and a proven fighter.

So I summarise that when returning to Meereen she will have lost Drogon, Viserion and Rhaegal stolen. Meereen a burning mess. This could spark her to remember "Fire and Blood" and essentially ditch all the problems that have been arising in Meereen. Having to make her way back to Westoros to get her remaining children back. GRRM has always made a point of showing a mothers love for her children and a "mothers madness" or a quote along those lines springs to mind for me and this possible outcome. We see how Cersei/Catelyn would really do anything for their children, so let's see Daenerys on a quest to reclaim hers.

How she would escape from the Dothraki, I don't know. I just find the idea of her somehow uniting them a bit odd. She has nothing to offer them, how could she strike a bargain with them ? Drogon might be able to kill the Dothraki that have found them, but all the Dothraki ?

Dany is not the "Rightful" ruler of Westeros. Nor is anyone else with "The blood of the dragon". Not Jon, no matter what R + L =, or Aegon or Tyrion, and NOT DANY. The Targaryan dynasty was overthrown fair and square by Robert nearly 20 years ago, by force, the same means employed by Aegon the conquerer and his sisters to kick off Targaryan rule. Might makes "right" in this universe GRRM has created.

The crown rightfully belongs to Stannis. followed by Mel's shadow baby if it's male, or Shireen, if the shadow baby is a girl. Maybe one could make a case for Gendry as Robert's heir if one really wanted to. Dany is welcome to try and take the crown for herself, if she can ever get her ass in gear. She'd better hurry, though, Aegon, fake or not, has quite a headstart on her. If he, or Stannis, can consolidate power in Westeros before she arrives, she may be shit out of luck. Besides, Dothraki hate boats, and Dany only has control of one half-grown dragon.

Archived