Wow, I never noticed that v. 6

This was described the day before Arya had a wolf dream of Nymeria taking down the pursuit from Harrenhal...

Arya I, Storm

And then...

Arya I, Storm

I think Bloodraven was guiding Nymeria...

TMK

In ADOD Ghost describes Nymeria's pack as her grey cousins the wolves Bloodraven hunted his foes with where grey , just thought it was another little connection

Hi! I'm new here and I'm on my first re-read (I'm reading them now in German so sorry for the lack of actual quotes, I'll do a direct translation)

The significance of the direwolves doesn't stop on their physical/spiritual/warg connection with the Starks' "children".

Summer - aGoT, Ch 24, Bran III: Bran as demigod with Bloodraven

"He was like the color of the silver and smoke, with eyes of golden yellow, that could see everything, that was to be seen."

Nymeria - aGoT, Ch 7, Arya I: Arya as a Faceless "Man"

"She had yellow eyes. When the sun stroke at them, they shinned like gold coins"

Summer - aGoT, Ch 24, Bran III: Wildfire?

"His fur was the color of the dark night, shinning now black, and his eyes were like a green fire"
Catelyn said that Graywind had eyes like molten gold and Ned that Lady had shinning gold eyes.

I was reading over the old threads of "I never noticed that" and came across this nice little story:

Until a few days ago, I had never noticed the connection/foreshadowing between Doreah's dragon story and the names Khal Drogo and Dany called one another: Drogo was sun and stars, Dany was moon of my life. I was skimming around for something and my eyes fell on this, "One day the other moon will kiss the sun too, and then it will crack and the dragons will return."

Nice. So who is the other moon? MMD?

At first I thought the Novels of Dunk & Egg and the ones of Dance of the Dragons were just meant to get money from the readers starving for TWOW to come out until on my re-read I found that Tyrion tells Jon on their way to the Wall that he always dreamed of flying a dragon.
In the Princess and the Queen we learn that the Dragonseeds can ride dragons too, not only the Targaryens! Although Quentyn died (IMO as an idiot), a little girl called Nettles could ride Sheepstealer with just using her intelligence.

Reminds me of someone near the dragons with a big fascination for them.... :wideeyed:

At first I thought the Novels of Dunk & Egg and the ones of Dance of the Dragons were just meant to get money from the readers starving for TWOW to come out until on my re-read I found that Tyrion tells Jon on their way to the Wall that he always dreamed of flying a dragon.

In the Princess and the Queen we learn that the Dragonseeds can ride dragons too, not only the Targaryens! Although Quentyn died (IMO as an idiot), a little girl called Nettles could ride Sheepstealer with just using her intelligence.

Reminds me of someone near the dragons with a big fascination for them.... :wideeyed:

Reminds me of Brown Ben Plumm...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/100936-brown-ben-plumms-ancestry/

Before the Valyrians discovered the Dragons it is said they were sheepherders, I have a theory that the first Valyrians that mounted Dragons did it basically the exact same way Nettles did,then over the years the Valyrians bonded with them and had no more need for the sheep.

Before the Valyrians discovered the Dragons it is said they were sheepherders, I have a theory that the first Valyrians that mounted Dragons did it basically the exact same way Nettles did,then over the years the Valyrians bonded with them and had no more need for the sheep.

From the intro to The Sworn Sword...

The lords freeholder of Valyria ruled the greater part of the known world; they were sorcerers, great in lore, and alone of all the races of man they had learned to breed dragons and bend them to their will.

I'm midway through my first reread, and these were the things that jumped out at me:

-Ser Denys Mallister is commander at the Shadow Tower. His nephew, Lord Jason Mallister, was the one who sent Will from the prologue to the NW for poaching. Will's, and Ser Royce's disappearance is what led to Benjen disappearing, and all that followed from that. The Mallisters are sworn to the Tullys.

-The Isle of Faces is mentioned both by Catelyn and by Dany in their first POV chapters.

-The castle where the showdown between Arya and Joffrey happened, is the seat of House Darry. The current lord is Raymun Darry, who is a secret Targ sympathist. A relative of his (uncle maybe?) was Ser Willem Darry, who got Viserys and Dany away from Westeros and kept them safe for a while.

That's all I can remember, for now.

From the wiki

Valyria was once a minor civilization of peaceful sheep-herding folk dwelling on the valyrian peninsula until the Valyrians discovered Dragons lairing in the fourteen fires.

​I just thought that Needle didn't look anything like a Valyrian but she managed to do it.

I thought maybe the original Valyrians may have done it the same.

​A bit of a coincidence that she tamed hers using a sheep and the original Valyrians where sheepherders

Actually given that we don't know of any Targ connection for Nettles, and the point is that she used her brain rather than blood, that's a nod to Tyrion. BBP we already know IS a dragonseed. Nettles may not have been.

From the wiki

Valyria was once a minor civilization of peaceful sheep-herding folk dwelling on the valyrian peninsula until the Valyrians discovered Dragons lairing in the fourteen fires.

​I just thought that Needle didn't look anything like a Valyrian but she managed to do it.

I thought maybe the original Valyrians may have done it the same.

​A bit of a coincidence that she tamed hers using a sheep and the original Valyrians where sheepherders

The wiki is written by dudes and dames like you and me. The better practice is to quote the text that the wiki references. IIRC Harzoo do Whatshisname insults Daenerys by saying Valyrians were humping sheep when Ghis was a great civilization. I'm pretty sure just about every human civilization started out herding some animal. The intro to the Sworn Sword was written by the George or by his co-editor in Legends II.

The wiki is written by dudes and dames like you and me. The better practice is to quote the text that the wiki references. IIRC Harzoo do Whatshisname insults Daenerys by saying Valyrians were humping sheep when Ghis was a great civilization. I'm pretty sure just about every human civilization started out herding some animal. The intro to the Sworn Sword was written by the George or by his co-editor in Legends II.

I think you mean Kraznys, the Astapori slaver who became Fire-Puddles ;) Hazdhoo (or Hizdhar as he is formally known) is Dany's husband

I think you mean Kraznys, the Astapori slaver who became Fire-Puddles ;) Hazdhoo (or Hizdhar as he is formally known) is Dany's husband

Harzoo do Whatshisname or Krazy me Dragonchow whatever...

:)

Did Tyrion or some other historian reflect on Valyria's shepherding origins or just Krazy me Dragonchow?

Dany learns, that in Forest of Qohor are lemurs with silver fur and purple eyes....Do they have something to do with Valyrians, and did Valyrians have also cats and horses etc. with these features? (Dany never described Silver's eye colour)

It's been four days since this was posted, and yet I haven't seen any threads theorizing that (f)Aegon is a shaved lemur, or the son of Illyrio and a lemur. :(

It's been four days since this was posted, and yet I haven't seen any threads theorizing that (f)Aegon is a shaved lemur, or the son of Illyrio and a lemur. :(

Hahahaha Now that you mention the lemur I remembered a post of yours: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/79116-wow-i-never-noticed-that/?p=3996243

I think his best name would be: The Kraken without Tentacle :leer:

I wanted to ask also: Does anyone knows if it's mentioned the name of Varys?

On my first readthrough, I never noticed that the mean black cat that Arya could barely catch was most likely Rhaenys' black kitten Balerion. On my second readthrough, when Varys wondered about what happened to that cat after the sack of KL, I made the connection.

I fully expect that cat to bite Ser Pounce & co. and give them a disease - heavy foreshadowing.

Archived