Wow, I never noticed that v. 6

I think I belong to the very few people who didn't realised that the Frey brat at Harrenhal rambling about marrying a princess who was shut off by Arya with "I hope your princess dies" was actually Aryas betrothed.

I never noticed Jon had his Warging powers so early on page 544 of AGOT he knows that lady is dead and Nymeria lost how could he have known this ?

From a letter. We are not privy to everything that happens to the POV characters.

Dany learns, that in Forest of Qohor are lemurs with silver fur and purple eyes....Do they have something to do with Valyrians, and did Valyrians have also cats and horses etc. with these features? (Dany never described Silver's eye colour)

Wow, I never noticed that. Could you point me to the passage?

Wow, I never noticed that. Could you point me to the passage?

aGoT 23 :

They crossed the rolling hills of Norvos, past terraced farms and small villages where the townsfolk watched anxiously from atop white stucco walls. They forded three wide placid rivers and a fourth that was swift and narrow and treacherous, camped beside a high blue waterfall, skirted the tumbled ruins of a vast dead city where ghosts were said to moan among blackened marble columns. They raced down Valyrian roads a thousand years old and straight as a Dothraki arrow. For half a moon, they rode through the Forest of Qohor, where the leaves made a golden canopy high above them, and the trunks of the trees were as wide as city gates. There were great elk in that wood, and spotted tigers, and lemurs with silver fur and huge purple eyes, but all fled before the approach of the khalasar and Dany got no glimpse of them.

I just noticed that a possible cure for greyscale is to cut off the infected area...Why doesn't JonCon cut his fingers?? :dunno:

Because he won't be able to explain why he cut them off. I believe he even gives that as a reason in one of his POVs

Yes, he said that. Also, it's a "possible" cure, not confirmed. If he cuts one finger he can explain that, but then keep appearing without more fingers would be extremely suspicious.

Beth. Poor Beth Cassel. She suffered the same fate as Edmure, only at such a young age :crying:

ehhh, no. After the sack she was probably taken captive to the Dreadfort, and considering she is never mentioned again, I think it's safe to say she suffer a far worst fate than Edmure.

ehhh, no. After the sack she was probably taken captive to the Dreadfort, and considering she is never mentioned again, I think it's safe to say she suffer a far worst fate than Edmure.

I meant with regards to standing on a gibbet before her family

Is there a Ramsay's dog named Beth?

I never noticed Jon had his Warging powers so early on page 544 of AGOT he knows that lady is dead and Nymeria lost how could he have known this ?

Actually it goes back to the first chapter. He hears Ghost, when no one else does. Pretty impressive given that Ghost never makes a sound.

A fun analogy from Aeron in ACOK:

Theon smiled. “I could not agree more.”
“A man agrees with god as a raindrop with the storm.”
This raindrop will one day be a king, old man.

If Theon is the raindrop here, then the Drowned God is "the storm". That's kind of hilarious coming from Aeron, the man who spends most of his AFFC arc ranting about the evils of storms.

There seems to be a discrepancy as to when Euron was exiled. Less than halfway through ACOK, Theon tells "Esgred":

“My uncle Euron has not been seen in the islands for close on two years. He may be dead.”

But at the beginning of AFFC, Aeron thinks to himself:

The Crow’s Eye is half a world away. Balon sent him off two years ago, and swore that it would be his life if he returned.

The ASOIAF timeline is often difficult to nail down, but I don't see how an event that was "close on two years" ago less than halfway through ACOK could plausibly be called "two years ago" at the beginning of AFFC. Robb is told about Euron's arrival about halfway through ASOS, and Aeron is just finding out about Euron's arrival at the beginning of AFFC. But Euron has to have been at Pyke for a little while by the time Aeron finds out at the beginning of AFFC, because Aeron is told in the same chapter that Asha is returning from Deepwood Motte and the Harlaws are calling her supporters, (so there must have been enough time for messages to travel between Harlaw, Deepwood Motte, and Hammerhorn before a messenger tracked down Aeron). But even if there's some overlap between ASOS and AFFC, and even if Aeron was incommunicado for a little while and so didn't find out about Euron's arrival immediately . . . I don't think this matches up.

A fun analogy from Aeron in ACOK:

If Theon is the raindrop here, then the Drowned God is "the storm". That's kind of hilarious coming from Aeron, the man who spends most of his AFFC arc ranting about the evils of storms.

There seems to be a discrepancy as to when Euron was exiled. Less than halfway through ACOK, Theon tells "Esgred":

But at the beginning of AFFC, Aeron thinks to himself:

The ASOIAF timeline is often difficult to nail down, but I don't see how an event that was "close on two years" ago less than halfway through ACOK could plausibly be called "two years ago" at the beginning of AFFC. Robb is told about Euron's arrival about halfway through ASOS, and Aeron is just finding out about Euron's arrival at the beginning of AFFC. But Euron has to have been at Pyke for a little while by the time Aeron finds out at the beginning of AFFC, because Aeron is told in the same chapter that Asha is returning from Deepwood Motte and the Harlaws are calling her supporters, (so there must have been enough time for messages to travel between Harlaw, Deepwood Motte, and Hammerhorn before a messenger tracked down Aeron). But even if there's some overlap between ASOS and AFFC, and even if Aeron was incommunicado for a little while and so didn't find out about Euron's arrival immediately . . . I don't think this matches up.

Both chapters take place in 299AC. So the quoted actually show a little bit where the timing of Eurons exile was, as well.

BUT Aeron I in Feast took place in 299AC. The other ironborn POV most likely take place in 300AC, since Balon dies close to the end in 299AC and all the ships need to gather for the Kingsmoot.

But keep in mind. When Robb finds out about Balons death, Aerons chapter, if you place it in a timeline, has already taken place.

This was described the day before Arya had a wolf dream of Nymeria taking down the pursuit from Harrenhal...

It was growing colder, and pale white mists were threading between the pines and blowing across the bare burned flelds.

Arya I, Storm

And then...

She was no little girl in the dream; she was a wolf, huge and powerful, and when she emerged from beneath the trees in front of them and bared her teeth in a low rumbling growl, she could smell the rank stench of fear from horse and man alike. The Lyseni's mount reared and screamed in terror, and the others shouted at one another in mantalk, but before they could act the other wolves came hurtling from the darkness and the rain, a great pack of them, gaunt and wet and silent.

Arya I, Storm

I think Bloodraven was guiding Nymeria...

How many eyes does Lord Bloodraven have? the riddle ran. A thousand eyes, and one. Some claimed the King's Hand was a student of the dark arts who could change his face, put on the likeness of a one-eyed dog, even turn into a mist. Packs of gaunt gray wolves hunted down his foes, men said, and carrion crows spied for him and whispered secrets in his ear. Most of the tales were only tales, Dunk did not doubt, but no one could doubt that Bloodraven had informers everywhere.

TMK

Archived