MLB 2014: Tanaka is a bust!

Myshkin

Ellis said something after the game along the lines of "we hit him in the lowest part of his body." It's true too. If you're going to get plunked, the ass is the least bad place to take one.

That's because Kershaw is all class. You know, unlike those guys who try to break someone's ribs so that their team can win the LCS. Those type of people as complete pricks.

This weekend, there is only one series that truly matters. I'm sure Myshkin's been looking forward to it as much as I have.

Head to head, the way it should be. Gonna be tense, gonna be nervous, and gonna be fun.

Lay on, MacDuff Myshkin; and damn'd be him that first cries "Hold, enough!"*

:)

* = well, except there's two more head to head series this year and we haven't even reached the trade deadline yet, let alone the end of September, but I just can't wait that long. Let's be epic NOW

I certainly hope not, for the price they're asking. If we can get him without giving up two of our top three prospects (or giving up Pederson at all) I'd love it. But the Rays want way too much for him right now, especially since we need him less than just about every other team.

clayton (my best friend in all the world) is quite an awesome dude. he went into san francisco and demoralized the fans and players, but did it with class.

and tomorrow my cousin ryu will show peavy what it means to be thoroughly defeated by the great leader!

Kershaw is an honorable and valiant foe. Hopefully the Dodgers pay him enough money that he can retire early.

Most unpleasant series so far... quoting MacBeth earlier in the thread was perhaps not the best mojo to invoke. Ah well. We all knew the season is long and never easy. So be it. One more game tomorrow and two more series after this.

What happened in 1988? I don't remember that, and I suspect that no one else here does either.

Oh, I do...if you need details young padawan...just ask

In other news...stoked to see Maddux and Glavine go in at the same time. If I had to pick a pitcher to throw a perfect pitch to save my life, it'd be Maddux. Top 10 all time in SO and had a fast ball Tim Wakefield would have scoffed at.

Archived