Westeros A, B, and C Fantasy Football Leagues

Whiskeyjack

One spot left in the league. As it stands right now, here are the people in Westeros C -

Whiskeyjack

Lord Dracarys

Trebla

Mudguard

Jace

Howdyphillip

Lord Hanna

Jaxom

Scuba Steve

And the draft is set for Wednesday, September 3rd at 8 p.m. central time. I'm okay with moving that if people want, but I'm pretty limited on open dates at this point - the only other options for me would be Saturday August 23rd, Monday August 25th, Tuesday August 26th, and Tuesday September 2nd. And Bronn mentioned that there were other drafts on the 26th and 2nd, so those are probably out.

If there's still a spot left I'll take it. I've never done Fantasy before, and think that Eli is going to have an amazing bounce back year. PM me if I'm in.

Sent you a PM. Need you to send me your email address so I can invite you into the league.

I'm strangely comfortable with my team:

QB: Carson Palmer, Ryan Tannehill, Joe Flacco, Michael Vick

RB: Matt Forte, Alfred Morris, Toby Gerhart, Ahmed Bradshaw

WR: Julio Jones, Larry Fitz, Randall Cobb, T.Y. Hilton, Doug Baldwin, Dwayne Bowe, Sammy Watkins, Harry Douglas

TE: Dwayne Allen, Coby Fleener, Antonio Gates

Kicker: Justin Tucker

Defense: Carolina and Tampa

Not all that bad. A lot of potential for suck or success. I fully expect Vick to be starting by week 8.

Pretty happy with my team. Got robbed on a couple of guys who I really wanted.....but that's what trades are for.

Starters

QB - A.Luck, J.Cutler

RB - J.Charles, M.Ball, B.Tate

WR - R.White, T.Smith, E.Sanders, T.Williams

TE - R.Gronkowski

K - P.Dawson

DEF - Philly

Bench

QB - J.Locker, S.Hill

RB - B.Pierce, K.Moreno, T.West, K.Davis

WR - K.Britt, M.Lee, C.Latimer

TE - D.Pitta

Pretty happy with my team. Got robbed on a couple of guys who I really wanted.....but that's what trades are for.

Starters

QB - A.Luck, J.Cutler

TE - R.Gronkowski

K - P.Dawson

DEF - Philly

Bench

QB - J.Locker, S.Hill

TE - D.Pitta

I'd really like Cutler or Luck...

Wish you luck with that one, Jace. Don't see that QB combo keeping you in the upper half of a Westeros League. Nor the RB or WR being strong enough to overcome.

I feel like I have a pretty fucking stacked WR group. I have 7 starters.

Starters

QB - A.Luck, J.Cutler

TE - R.Gronkowski

K - P.Dawson

DEF - Philly

Bench

QB - J.Locker, S.Hill

TE - D.Pitta

I like your team a lot WJ

Well I'm out of practice in Drafting I think. My experience with expanded rosters and 6pt TD passes puts a real premium on the QB position So drafting 8th the top 6 RBs were off the board. I went with Rodgers, and then Grabbed Brees on the wrap around. The trouble being by the time I got to a 3rd pick at 28 all the good RB's and top WR's were gone, while there were still a lot of good QB's left.

QB A Rodgers, D Brees

RB CJ Spiller, Trent Richardson, Fred Jackson

WR P Garson, C Patterson, E Decker, R Randle

TE J Thomas

K R Gould

D Kansas City

Bench

QB C Henne

RB B Sankey, C Hyde, D Archer

WR G Jennings, J Gordon, O Beckham, D Hopkins, M Evans

TE E Ebron

I took a flyer on Gordon late in case he gets a reduced suspension. I have good depth at WR, but no stars. I'm weak at RB. I need a lot of luck there. I do expect Sankey to start, and Hyde has a chance to take over for Gore, but if one of them doesnt start them I'm stuck with the platoon of Buffalo RB's

QB- P Manning, T Brady

RB- A Ellington, R Bush, F Gore

WR- A Jeffery, P Harvin, G Tate, B Cooks

TE- J Reed

K- B Walsh

D- Denver

Bench

QB- A Smith, T Bridgewater

RB- S Ridley, R Hillman

WR- J Boykin, M Jones, K Thompkins, A Hawkins

TE- H Miller

D- New Orleans

Well, I think I did pretty good given that I've never done a league with this big of a roster. Not the best depth at RB, but good depth at QB, TE, and WR I think. Was shaking my fist meaninglessly at the sky when Hyde was taken 30 picks before I expected him to be taken.

Well I'm out of practice in Drafting I think. My experience with expanded rosters and 6pt TD passes puts a real premium on the QB position So drafting 8th the top 6 RBs were off the board. I went with Rodgers, and then Grabbed Brees on the wrap around. The trouble being by the time I got to a 3rd pick at 28 all the good RB's and top WR's were gone, while there were still a lot of good QB's left.

QB A Rodgers, D Brees

RB CJ Spiller, Trent Richardson, Fred Jackson

WR P Garson, C Patterson, E Decker, R Randle

TE J Thomas

K R Gould

D Kansas City

Bench

QB C Henne

RB B Sankey, C Hyde, D Archer

WR G Jennings, J Gordon, O Beckham, D Hopkins, M Evans

TE E Ebron

I took a flyer on Gordon late in case he gets a reduced suspension. I have good depth at WR, but no stars. I'm weak at RB. I need a lot of luck there. I do expect Sankey to start, and Hyde has a chance to take over for Gore, but if one of them doesnt start them I'm stuck with the platoon of Buffalo RB's

I'll give you Harry Douglas for Trent 2.9

I feel like I have a pretty fucking stacked WR group. I have 7 starters.

i would define a fantasy starter as a top 40 WR in a ten team league that starts four. Not sure you have seven of those. You do have a WR1, a WR1/2 cusp guy, a WR2 and a WR3. But those other guys are more WR5 and WR6 types in my book. An argument can be made for Watkins and Bowe on the cusp of WR4, but they aren't the guys I'd put there. A strong group, but won't make up for the fact that you'll get 500-600 points from QB and other teams will get 700-800 or more.

Archived