Westeros A, B, and C Fantasy Football Leagues

Whiskeyjack

Hmm, minor crisis right now.

3 options in Westeros B. Ryan Tannehill vs Jags, Joe Flacco vs Bengals, and Jay Cutler vs Patriots.

Tannehill gets the benefit of playing Jacksonville, Flacco has been making me sick by playing well and Bengals defense has been struggling, and Cutler is schizophrenic but seems to play well on the road...

One of them is riding the pine this week, I need advice.

Sorry to whoever is running the Hounds in C. I looked to see who Foles was playing next week and saw the Raiders, which was week nine in 2013, not this year. So just ignore my drunken offer from this afternoon, since you already rejected it once. (Foles and Fitzgerald for Ryan and K Benjamin, if the peanut gallery was interested.)

Also, if anyone in C is looking for receivers, I want to upgrade my QB. Will ship a QB and Fitzgerald, Welker, Wayne, or DJax for a QB upgrade. Need a bigger upgrade for Fitz or DJax, but send me a proposal if interested.

Ironically, after trading Fitz away, I'm now looking for a WR in Westeros A. The Quick injury left me a bit short.

Willing to trade Travaris Cadet for one. He's not great, but could serve as a viable RB3 through a week where a lot of players are on bye.

Westeros A update -

Standings

1) Jaime: 7-1

2) POTN: 6-2

3) Whiskeyjack: 5-3

4) JJ Lannister: 4-4

5) Bronn: 4-4

6) Fuentez: 4-4

7) Week: 3-5

8) Mexal: 3-5

9) Reposado: 2-6

10) Blu-Ray: 2-6

Power Rankings

1) Jaime: 47-25

2) Whiskeyjack: 46-26

3) JJ Lannister: 43-29

4) Bronn: 40-32

5) POTN: 36-36

6) Week: 33-39

-- Reposado: 33-39

8) Mexal: 31-41

9) Fuentez: 28-44

10) Blu-Ray: 23-49

Looking that over, it seems like POTN and Fuentez have been the 2 lucky teams so far. While JJ, Bronn, and Reposado have all been unlucky.

Bye week hell or not, that's a bad trade.

Have to disagree. He would have taken a zero if he didn't get a second QB. You can't do that when you are 4-4 and fighting for a playoff spot.

Orton for Glennon is even, and Holmes (his 5th WR) is the price he had to pay to make something happen (no reason for me to agree to swap equal QB3s without getting something that actually helps my team).

Not quite sure about Glennon = Orton. Orton has more points in four starts than Glennon has in five and Jacelyn has a point about Buffalo being most likely competitive down the stretch while TB shows every sign of ready to pack it in. But not an outrageous deal, as there probably isn't a single start-worthy player in it come playoff time.

Trade in Westeros A.

I get Kyle Orton and Andre Holmes

JJ gets Mike Glennon

He was in bye week hell, and this gives him a 2nd QB for the week.

yeah I didn't have a choice here and that was the best trade I could get for a low price. I think Orton has more value than Glennon but he won't Crack my lineup after this week. Cutler and Ryan will start the rest of the way. Just hope neither one gets injured.

Looks like a trade in C has gone through. The Summerhall Hounds pick up Andy Dalton and Steve Smith Sr. The Pyke City Crackheads get Keenan Allen and Mike Evans.

The Fleabottom Browns were really looking forward to playing against the Hounds' previous quarterback tandem of Ryan Fitzpatrick and Brandon Wheedon this week. (Both of his good Qbs were on a bye this week.) I guess Allen is a slight upgrade over Steve Smith, but I think the Crackheads could have gotten away with offering Glennon instead.

Anyway, anyone have insight into how the projections on the Yahoo site work? They seem to rate Cecil Shorts awfully high for a guy who's QB habitually throws to the wrong color. I proposed a trade today involving shipping DeSean Jackson and Larry Fitzgerald and the trade evaluator said I had no negative impact, since it assumed I'd be starting Shorts.

Anyway, anyone have insight into how the projections on the Yahoo site work? They seem to rate Cecil Shorts awfully high for a guy who's QB habitually throws to the wrong color. I proposed a trade today involving shipping DeSean Jackson and Larry Fitzgerald and the trade evaluator said I had no negative impact, since it assumed I'd be starting Shorts.

The projections seem to be heavily based on preseason ratings and while they change for injuries, they don't really adjust to other team factors.

In Westeros C, the following players are available for trade:

Julio Jones or Antonio Brown

Jay Cutler

Kyle Orton

Martellus Bennett

Riley Cooper

All five could go in a package deal or separately. Be advised that Cutler, Jones, Orton, and Bennett are all on byes, so don't expect them to save you this week. (I will keep either Brown or Jones, unless the offer is... exceptional).

I am interested primarily in RB help.

Alas, rising like a flaming pony from the flames, I have survived Bye Week Hell and assumed my rightful place as #1 seed! Starting the likes of Brandon Weedon and Mike Vick, I have prevailed!

ALL OF YOU SHALL BOW BEFORE MY MAGNIFICENCE. AND YOU SHALL WORSHIP ME AS THOUGH I WERE A GOD!

JJ and I have a trade in W-A

I get Mike Glennon and he gets some Boobie.

I really wanted to move a WR for Glennon, but JJ insisted on one of my feeble RB options. Hopefully, Arian Foster either misses a game or two or at the very least Alfred Blue picks up some of Foster's carries.

OK, after traveling and not sleeping for several weeks, I may actually be back to managing my teams like a competent human being. Currently - trying to trade WR in A. If y'all are looking, let me know.

Archived