GoT: Season 5 – New Cast Members (Comic Con)

Prince_Snow

What I don't get is why they'd like to cut better and complex characters to replace with AREO and ALL THREE Sand Snakes.

All three? Huh? There are eight of them in the books--five of whom are involved in the story so far. I don't think "ALL THREE" is an accurate statement. It rather implies there were only three to begin with. At the moment we've got no Elia and no Sarella/Alleras. Sure they can probably condense the eight down, but imagine how it would seem if they put in ALL EIGHT of the Sand Snakes and still no Arianne. THAT would be odd.

I like Areo, so no complaints about him being put in. I don't think he's replacing Arianne either. Not sure I'd like to see Areo seduce Arys Oakheart. I just don't think he'd cheat on his axe that way.

There are eight, but four are little girls, one is "playing a game" at the Citadel, and the other three have active plots, so it makes sense. What doesn't is cutting AM and QM. I get the logic behind condensing the three Tyrell brothers, but this feels odd. Mainly because two completely different story arcs are being mashed into a completely separate character that has almost no page time in the books. I get why, I just don't know if I can approve until I see an acceptable finished product.

No Arianne, Quentyn, Euron and Victarion.

That would only make sense if they cut their entire storylines, which clearly isn't the case of Arianne and Quentyn. :bs:

There's no point in having Trystane, Obara, Nym, Tyene, Hotah if the two main characters from Dorne are absent. Why didn't they cut everyone, then?

I can't believe it.

All of the casting looks excellent! Especially Alexander Siddig and Jonathan Pryce. Can't wait to see all of them in costume.

Arianne might still make it in. Trystene being billed as "heir" over her isn't too dissimilar from how the books introduced Arianne and her belief she was being skipped over, despite Dornish inheritence laws.

If she is cut, I think the chances are greater that we won't be seeing Aegon either. I did see on another site some speculation that the show will replace Aegon with Gendry in Varys' master plan. I do think this is quite workable, especially since it would give Davos' act of mercy very long term consequences.

It'll be interesting when the Season 5 cast is officially announced.

The show has become very Lannister centric recently, so I think that could be why Trystan was cast, after all he's betrothed Myrcella! I think cutting Arianne enables them to cut her friends as well but I'm extremely wary about how they'll change the plot in order to write new stuff for Trystan and Myrcella. I actually like that they cast the Sand Snakes and I'd like it if they name checked the other five. What I love most about the Sand Snakes is their relationship to Arianne, a true born Martell heir - they have a more pride of place than even Jon had at Winterfell.

The show has become very Lannister centric recently, so I think that could be why Trystan was cast, after all he's betrothed Myrcella! I think cutting Arianne enables them to cut her friends as well but I'm extremely wary about how they'll change the plot in order to write new stuff for Trystan and Myrcella. I actually like that they cast the Sand Snakes and I'd like it if they name checked the other five. What I love most about the Sand Snakes is their relationship to Arianne, a true born Martell heir - they have a more pride of place than even Jon had at Winterfell.

That's a great point. The Lannisters are serious fan faves. You either love them, or love to hate them. You may have hit upon something there!

That's a great point. The Lannisters are serious fan faves. You either love them, or love to hate them. You may have hit upon something there!

I'm wondering how that will change now that Tyrion and Jaime will no longer be in KL and we have other interesting developments elsewhere, like Stannis at the Wall and Jaime introducing us to Dorne (if the rumors are true).

looks like season 5 will spend a lot of time in Dorne. Which is OK because it kills time until the TWOW but I have always found Dorne a bit too unrelated to the main story. Maybe he fixes that in TWOW.

The show has become very Lannister centric recently

"Recently"? The show has always been very Lannister-centric; whether or not they've actually come out and said it, D&D clearly love writing them. It's actually not surprising that Myrcella's role is being pumped up in the show, since most of the other Lannisters (Lancel and Kevan excepted) have received the same treatment.

Omitting Victarion would also deprive us of one the best fights in the books. Vic vs Serry is probably my favorite fight tbh.

IMo the best single combat we get in to books, better than Gregor and the RV. But even if he's cast I doubt we would get the Shield Isles story.

Looks good. The actress who will be playing Tyene has that otherworldly innocence down pretty nicely. A wig will be needed, naturally, but I feel good about that casting in particular. Although some people felt like they were reading off a prompter.

Areo Hotah's actor is a beast. If only he could've been cast as Strong Belwas.

looks like season 5 will spend a lot of time in Dorne. Which is OK because it kills time until the TWOW but I have always found Dorne a bit too unrelated to the main story. Maybe he fixes that in TWOW.

Or they are fast-forwarding into the endgame, where Dorne plays a major role. I predict when Dany returns, Dorne will flock to her side, give her a safe place to land her troops, and she and Trystane will be married.

I'm wondering how that will change now that Tyrion and Jaime will no longer be in KL and we have other interesting developments elsewhere, like Stannis at the Wall and Jaime introducing us to Dorne (if the rumors are true).

Cersei descending into madness should be enjoyable though.

hey, it is book 1. here is a theory - Bran will become a tree.

NO wait, that is completely ridiculous, i am clearly mistaken. Sorry if i offended you.

Did you even read what i said ? Sansa is one of the MOST IMPORTANT characters. I only said she COULD POSSIBLY marry Aegon in BOOKS, which means Arianne would not marry him. hence Arianne can be replaced In TV Show. It is only speculation, Likely i am completely wrong. But at least let us try & think why they would cut Arianne. Remember they know the end.

So Euron is not Daario but as per you, Quentyn is alive.

OK then. Your crackpot > My tinfoil.

:cool4:

And i only presented a multitude of ALTERNATE Ways in which the story proceeds and still reaches the same end point. Not all of them have to happen. None of them could happen. But with the books nowhere close to release & POVs in show dropping like flies, we can but try.

:dunno:

Lol I said he could be. Many people think it's going to happen. I don't. But omitting QM kills the possibility.

Looks good. The actress who will be playing Tyene has that otherworldly innocence down pretty nicely. A wig will be needed, naturally, but I feel good about that casting in particular. Although some people felt like they were reading off a prompter.

Areo Hotah's actor is a beast. If only he could've been cast as Strong Belwas.

She will not be blonde on the show so a wig is not needed.

First off folks, wait until we actually see what's included. Remember they didn't announce Ciaran Hinds as Mance Rayder until the last possible minute, and that was a pretty big deal. Also I'm pretty sure they would NOT make a big deal of casting for Griff and Young Griff to avoid telegraphing that these are important characters.

Yes, the description of Trystane calls him Doran's heir, but all that really guarantees is that Quentyn is cut. Remember until Quentyn got flambeed, Doran was treating HIM as the heir to Dorne. Trystane being described as the heir could simply be setting up why Arianne is pissed at her father--which would allow in turn for him to explain the long-game to both her and the audience.

Or, Arianne may simply be cut. And frankly if that's the case, it's probably for good reason. People keep saying "But Arianne is the most important character!" We have no reason to believe that: she might turn out to be completely irrelevant to the long term plot compared to the Sand Snakes. The showrunners on the other hand know the exact importance to the storyline of each of the characters, straight from Martin. If they're leaving people out, it's because that character isn't important to the endgame.

Archived