GoT: Season 5 – New Cast Members (Comic Con)

Prince_Snow

Did they say or announce somewhere that those were the only new cast members? It might have just been a teaser, or it omitted potential guest star appearances for the Greyjoy Bros and Mando. It still could be possible.

I wondered about this on another thread, but it seems I posted it in the middle of a debate.

It may be a better for this thread, anyway. Forgive me, I'm still figuring out my way around.

I've seen people mention on various threads their displeasure with Myrcella being recast. While I had no problem with Aimee RIchardson, she didn't have that much screen time, in the first place. Morever, she hasn't been seen for a while. It's unfortunate for Miss RIchardson to lose the part, but otherwise, I'm not sure why it seems to be such an issue for some.

I still wish the Targs could have been Black. Would have made the series more interesting (and they could have included Asians a lot easier too).

Making the Targaryans black may have presented some problems for Jon Snow and his secret Targaryan heritage.

Arianne will be there, and Jon and Aegon and all those, I don't think there is cause to worry. I think the major thing with Arianne is the fact that she doesn't think she will be heir, and thats a pretty big thing about the entire plot. Arianne is to important, the entire equality vibe of Dorne would be gone, and that's really not going to work. Aegon and Jon are probably be there, as to reach Yezzan, Tyrion has to be Aegon and Jon. I'm gunna be pretty angry if Arianne isn't there, but I'm pretty confident she will be, as she is what Dorne is all about. And the Greyjoys?

The Greyjoys might be S6 which would work is 5&6 are based on aDwD, but they play into Dany, and the King's Landing storylines. I think I agree with the theory that Arianne is married to Aegon already. The casting call also asked for the Waif, Septa Unella and the Kindly Man, and we are yet to see them, so there is still way more characters to come.

Plus Manderly, the Harpy trio (Galazza, Reznak and Skandaz) and possibly some Umbers? Val? unlikely Quentyn? That is not to many characters to handle, especially with deaths or combining characters (Vic+Euron). One thing I am kinda sad about is Aimee Richardson recasting, its sad cus she was so good, but I'm also looking forward to Nell playing Myrcella.

Yezzan is, kind of boring. Definitely a 'huge' change from the books.

I don't like the trend of making all these 'hideous' characters from the books all hollywooded up.

You mean the trend of almost everything ever filmed with a camera?

Lol, you're snarky today aren't you.

:laugh: I just don't want to fall into the trap of the 3 Hs: Hysteria, Hyperventilation, and Hyperbole. We are way too far away from the season 5 premier to make as many assumptions as we are here.

What's with the parents naming that one girl by some weird name like Tiger something or other. Yikes.

Anyways, gotta say I am far more interested in the Northern storyline, and find they have omitted too many characters from there, for what I consider much more dull characters out in essos and down south. The sand snakes and Dorne doesnt do too much for me.

I need me some more Umbers, Manderlys, Karstarks, Glovers, and Greyjoys.

:laugh: I just don't want to fall into the trap of the 3 Hs: Hysteria, Hyperventilation, and Hyperbole. We are way too far away from the season 5 premier to make as many assumptions as we are here.

Meh, fans of the books and certain characters have a right to feel concerned or annoyed a character they like might not be included in the show.

Archived