GoT: Season 5 – New Cast Members (Comic Con)

Prince_Snow

Re: Greyjoys, Arianne, Griffs etc.

Has anyone considered the possibility that they might still be casting these roles?

Oh they're definitely still casting, no doubt about it. I expect we'll probably see some Greyjoy and North casting soon enough, and probably the Griffs too. But Arianne I'm highly doubtful of, since pretty much every single person in Dorne has been cast but her, and all evidence so far points to her not being in, sadly.

It makes more sense to not say anything with regards to the Griffs. However, no mention of the Greyjoys troubles me. Dany already has her ships, like the exact fucking amount Vic was going to bring, so he's gone. Asha/Yara going to Dany makes no sense.

The trouble with no Vic is no full scale battle of Meereen, which is fucking lame.

Somehow I don't see anyone sailing to Essos to ask Dany to marry them. That entire plot is a complete waste of time.

This. It's basically:

*Sailing for a while*

"I'm going to marry the Targaryan Queen!"

*Gets there*

[finds out she's getting married the next day]

"Awww, dang it!"

*snaps fingers*

Seriously, I see no real reason to include it.

I think it's silly that we are assuming because characters are cut from the show they are dead in the books and are no longer important.

We just need to accept that the show is going to become it's own thing now. George R. R. Martin even said this at ComicCon only yesterday. Just because a character is not appearing in the show does not mean they are not still important in the books.

And in the spirit of staying on topic: I think I screamed out loud when I saw Siddig announced as Doran. Super excited. The Sand Snakes look lovely as well.

I think it's silly that we are assuming because characters are cut from the show they are dead in the books and are no longer important.

We just need to accept that the show is going to become it's own thing now. George R. R. Martin even said this at ComicCon only yesterday. Just because a character is not appearing in the show does not mean they are not still important in the books.

And in the spirit of staying on topic: I think I screamed out loud when I saw Siddig announced as Doran. Super excited. The Sand Snakes look lovely as well.

Considering that if a character pisses on the desert, George sees this as a role to play.

What I don't get is why they'd like to cut better and complex characters to replace with AREO and ALL THREE Sand Snakes.

More to this point, they cut known characters to introduce other characters. I get they want control, but they are developing the mindset of people who own a professional sports team, "We own it and fuck the city/state."

This. It's basically:

*Sailing for a while*

*Gets there*

"Awww, dang it!"

*snaps fingers*

But the guy was talking about Victarion, not Quentyn.

You can say the same about all the die hard purist readers. "We read it first so fuck the vision of the showrunners. You know, the guys that turned this thing into a massive, worldwide, popular franchise."

Yep, that's the spirit. Discredit any and all criticisms or misgivings with a stupid blanket statement.

What I don't get is why they'd like to cut better and complex characters to replace with AREO and ALL THREE Sand Snakes.

All characters aren't equivalent. Some people have harped on Areo being cast (the actor pronounced it as "arrow", which was interesting), but he's an action figure, not somebody they're going to build plots around. Two of the three Snakes will be in King's Landing and involved in the Lannister plot, so it seems obvious why they were cast. Less clear on what Obara will be doing (I really can't imagine the hunt for Darkstar is going to be a big deal, particularly as we haven't heard anything about him being cast; it's also possible she may replace Darkstar).

Excited about Siddig and Pryce! :D

The Sandsnakes I'm a bit iffy on, especially the one who plays Nym.. I expected a more Angelina-type woman. More a woman, not a girl..

Least talked about topic: Yezzan's new gym membership.. -.-

This. It's basically:

*Sailing for a while*

*Gets there*

"Awww, dang it!"

*snaps fingers*

Oh come on.. There's more to the Quentyn plot then that.

- A. He sets free the dragons.

- B. He ticks off Hizdahr.

- C. He kinda throws off the Windblown mission to infiltrate Dany's ranks..

- D. Gives us the first glance of Volantis

- E. Influential for the rest of the Windblown's decisions (perhaps, promises made by "Dorne").

- F. By failing/dieing, he forces Siddig to move his Arianne-card on Aegon.

And if you read, the guy you replied to meant Vic..

Yep, that's the spirit. Discredit any and all criticisms or misgivings with a stupid blanket statement.

Oh come on.. There's criticism and there's book purist crying and moaning.. Take Elio's commentary on each and every episode for example. You just can't take those reviews seriously anymore.. "I liked how they did that, well, actually.. *enter 60 minutes of whining*..

But if they've dropped female succession then they can't claim the throne for Myrcella by Dornish law. Maybe they dropped it until now so they can explain it properly in season 5.

That's ok. It looks like she and Trystane may become Romeo and Juliet.

They don't necessarily have to keep the crowning Myrcella bit. Or they could find a way to spin it. (like only the boys were bastards, and Myrcella is the true heir, or something like that).

Or it's possible that it's still in but pushed back to season 6, allowing us some time to start rooting for M&T's touching love story before things get difficult.

There might be more casting news but these are the big ones, theres no arianne or greyjoys. Why cant book readers accept it?

Do you work on the show? No? Then how do you claim to know that there won't be any "big ones" announced later? If you have a crystal ball you need to share it with the rest of us. :D

Why can't book readers accept it? Funny, I thought people were telling those book readers who had accepted it to chill out because it's not certain yet.

There is no reason to panick about dropped Dornish succesion rules yet. Qeenmaker plot itself establish that clearly enough.

About snakes weapons, from leaked auditions its clear Tyene will have poisoned daggers, Nym will have a whip and Obara will use a spear. Sex will be most likely done by Tyene, since she is supposed to be seductive in the show. Obara could only take over Arianne role if Trystane will be merged with Quentin and die, which would open the way for her to become the heir of Dorne. But that will only happen if Aegon is in, which seem doubtfull now. Without Aegon there is no need for female heir of Dorne.

I'm actually one of the people who is not panicking. Not even remotely. Thanks for the info. I haven't watched the auditions yet.

Even with Aegon there may be no need for a female heir of Dorne.

Archived