How will the Dany -Tyrion dynamic shape up ?

TheBadboy

If she is smart she won't trust the little monster. Anyone who kills their own father is a man(and I use that word very begrudgingly in Tyrion's case) that you shouldn't want to deal with.

Not that I disagree with the overarching point, as Tyrion is definitely someone to be wary of, but if my father, a man I love very very much, had basically let his garrison gang rape my wife he'd not have lived to see the next day, let alone be alive 12 years later to try and get me killed.

I think tyrion will play the same 'outcast' card he played with Jon Snow when dealing with Dany-

Lets not forget that Tyrion removed possibly her greatest intelligent threat in Westeros - Tywin Lannister- also the one responsible for the murder of her family-

I think he is smart enough to explain to her his situation- he is also a freed slave-

He is the only one that truly knows and understands the situation in KL and how to play the game-

And his trump card (IMO)- I think he will be her answer to controlling the dragons-

Tyrion will smile and cock his head and suggest Westeros will be in good hands because just look at how perfect Meereen is. He's going to talk about all the negative Targaryens like he always does (Aegon the Unworthy, Baelor the Befuddled, etc. etc.) and then he'll mention the Mad King. Since he hates his father and loves to insult Tywin then, well, Dany needs to hate hers too!

Dany will "bristle" at his truths and spend time pondering the truth of his words. I suspect they will meet for half a chapter and spend the rest of the time in the same place but in different rooms.

• 2 weeks later...

Tyrion will smile and cock his head and suggest Westeros will be in good hands because just look at how perfect Meereen is. He's going to talk about all the negative Targaryens like he always does (Aegon the Unworthy, Baelor the Befuddled, etc. etc.) and then he'll mention the Mad King. Since he hates his father and loves to insult Tywin then, well, Dany needs to hate hers too!

Dany will "bristle" at his truths and spend time pondering the truth of his words. I suspect they will meet for half a chapter and spend the rest of the time in the same place but in different rooms.

Do you really see Dany doing pondering on his insults? Not even Dany hating, but any monarch wold send someone who is not a fool either banishment, imprisonment or the block for insulting them, that is just tolerable for a leader in a medieval setting.

Do you really see Dany doing pondering on his insults? Not even Dany hating, but any monarch wold send someone who is not a fool either banishment, imprisonment or the block for insulting them, that is just tolerable for a leader in a medieval setting.

She wouldn't punish him for insulting her, she has put up with plenty of insults. But she would send him away with a sneer. Tyrion is way too smart to do all this to get before Daenerys and then lead with insults. He was the guy who welcomed Oberyn to King's Landing, you know, an experienced diplomat. He will give it his best shot.

If he gives it her best shot and she rejects him anyway, then he might come with the insults, because while Tyrion does have good diplomatic skills, he loses them when provoked. Recall, once again, Oberyn. . . . I can almost see it playing out that way and then having the insults get her attention, leading to a successful meeting. That would start them out with good tension in the relationship to keep things interesting.

She wouldn't punish him for insulting her, she has put up with plenty of insults. But she would send him away with a sneer. Tyrion is way too smart to do all this to get before Daenerys and then lead with insults. He was the guy who welcomed Oberyn to King's Landing, you know, an experienced diplomat. He will give it his best shot.

If he gives it her best shot and she rejects him anyway, then he might come with the insults, because while Tyrion does have good diplomatic skills, he loses them when provoked. Recall, once again, Oberyn. . . . I can almost see it playing out that way and then having the insults get her attention, leading to a successful meeting. That would start them out with good tension in the relationship to keep things interesting.

When has she ever put up insults? The only time I remember that was with Xaro, and that was because he needed him to save her city. And out right spoke of his thing with Willas, he does not hold his tongue.

The only way Tyrion is going to live after meeting Daenerys, is by pleading to Barristan, and Barristan advising Daenerys not to kill him. Daenerys WILL sentence Tyrion, she's too insolent and hasty to think out decisions at this point. I just hope Barristan is present, when the meeting occurs.

First time I've seen Daenerys compared to Alliser Thorne.

It's a strikingly poor comparison. Everybody hates Alliser Thorne. People follow Dany because they love her and she is a charismatic leader. If there is a single other leader in the books who inspires similar devotion it's the High Sparrow, and we don't get to see his inner circle the way we see Dany's to judge whether he is similarly adored by those closest to him.

"[A]busive to her subordinates" is an even bigger stretch. Again, her inner circle adores her. Tell me which servants she has had physically punished because I don't recall any. She respects her servants and actually asks their opinion. Really, she treats her handmaidens like sisters; remember the way she sat up all night holding Doreah's hand when Doreah was dying? I haven't seen any other lord or prince in Westeros treat their servants the way she does.

That "everything was handed to her" bit is pretty funny, too. Did you read these books?

That said, Tyrion's got some 'splainin' to do. What's he gonna say? "I'm not a usurper's dog, your grace, I'm actually a kinslayer." Still, Tyrion's talent at talking his way out of shit is tried and true. He will win her over.

And yes, he will be attracted to her. That's a given. I'm more interested in what she thinks of him.

1. Danys inner circle consists of slaves she acquired in one manner or another, dudes sticking it to her/wanting to stick it to her, and Selmy who had nowhere else to go and in his mind is honor bound to be with her.

2. She smacks around Mormont at least once I can think of off the top of my head. I believe it was for suggesting that she look into the Unsullied. How dare he. At least once or twice she mouths off to Selmy and I think it was a vague threat to him once. Selmy is the only reason she lives yet she thinks its ok to sass him like he isn't 100 times the leader she will ever be.

3. Yes if you buy into Danys, "poor me" story then she has had it sooooo hard. Growing up in other peoples mansions, feasting on other peoples food, then being married off to a slaver king not once but twice! Oh so horrible. She has never worked a day in her life, never killed anyone even though she is responsible for tens of thousands of deaths, and expects everyone to do what she says because "she is the blood of the dragon". That racial superiority thing is pretty old if you ask me.

But yeah, the Thorne comparison was bad. When no one wanted Thorne as their ruler he stepped aside gracefully. He didn't invade the wall and arbitrarily crucify people.

When was she ever abusive towards her subordinates?

She smacked Mormont around for steering her to the Unsullied. She also threatens Selmy at one point but smooths it over with, "sorry, I just have a dragons temper" as if that is a good excuse for mouthing off to Baristan Selmy.

Here's the summation of every single one of Daenerys' chapters:

Mormont: *logical, strategic advice*

Daenerys: "thanks, but i think ill do what i want anyway, and suffer for it.. every. single. time."

Mormont: *gets exiled*

<next up-and-comer.

Barristan: *sound, sane, calm advice*

Daenerys: "tsssssssss....yeah.....about that........."

Barristan: *dies in WoW*

She smacked Mormont around for steering her to the Unsullied. She also threatens Selmy at one point but smooths it over with, "sorry, I just have a dragons temper" as if that is a good excuse for mouthing off to Baristan Selmy.

She did not smack Jorah for steering her toward the Unsullied. She comes back from seeing men having been abused and castrated and being told that the Masters were going to feed children to bears. She's upset by the horrors of Astapor not to mention that in the very previous POV Jorah kissed her. She's upset that her knight would do that because it messes with her ideas of what a knight is supposed to be. Couple that with her awakening sexuality and she smacks him because she has about 1000 different things going through her head. When he suggested the Unsullied in Dany I of ASOS she gladly went along before knowing how they were made and what was being done to them.

The incident with Selmy was before she knew he was Selmy and he was counseling her about not buying the Unsullied. She got heated, apologized and even patted his hand.

2. She smacks around Mormont at least once I can think of off the top of my head. I believe it was for suggesting that she look into the Unsullied.

3. Yes if you buy into Danys, "poor me" story then she has had it sooooo hard. Growing up in other peoples mansions, feasting on other peoples food, then being married off to a slaver king not once but twice! Oh so horrible.

Nope. She definitely didn't smack him when he suggested the Unsullied.

She didn't live in mansions her whole life. The novelty of hosting the last Targs quickly wore off, and Viserys had to become the Beggar King. He had to sell his mothers crown to feed himself and Dany. She remembers being able to afford a sausage as a special treat, that's certainly not the life of luxury you're suggesting.

And yes being sold to a warlord at 13 is horrible. Not sure how even the biggest Dany haters can argue otherwise.

Archived