What's your favorite chapter in ASOIAF?

zeppelincheetah

"She wants her son alive or the men who killed him dead. She wants to feed the crows like they did at the Red Wedding..."

A Feast for Crows, Chapter 42, Brienne VIII. The blessed appearance of my fair Lady.

Yeah, baby, now we're talking. LOL.

But as he knelt to unlock the fetters around Reek’s wrists and ankles, he leaned close and whispered, “Tell him nothing and remember every word he says. I’ll have you back, no matter what that Dustin bitch may tell you. Who are you?”

“Reek, my lord. Your man. I’m Reek, it rhymes with sneak.”

“It does. When my father brings you back, I’m going to take another finger. I’ll let you choose which one.”

Unbidden, tears began to trickle down his cheeks. “Why?” he cried, his voice breaking. “I never asked for him to take me from you. I’ll do whatever you want, serve, obey, I … please, no …”

Ramsay slapped his face. “Take him,” he told his father.

- Reek III (adwd)

but really, I love all of theon's chapters, those in adwd slightly more then those in acok, but ultimately they're all amazing. but yes, I think the third Reek chapter must be my ultimate favourite.

Which line is that?

There many examples; a great deal are listed on this thread. It is not exclusive to one particular chapter.

To use a hypothetical example in order to elaborate: I am pretty sure that Davos could have spent almost the entirety of his last chapter counting lines in his cell, but as long as Manderly had walked in during the very last paragraph and had his little speech (i.e., "the North remembers"), many here would still list it as their favorite chapter.

I exaggerate a bit, but I think my point is made.

Archived