Dating #16- why can't my mom come on our date

Kelli Fury

FWIW I think less of people who put things like "fun" in those lists. It doesn't mean anything. Everyone likes fun, by definition. I'm looking for a relationship, so if you're not looking for anything long term it's less of a cardinal sin, but I wanted to throw that out there.

Yeah this is what I meant to get at lol.

I am amused/happy that okcupid has "jacked" as a body type.

Bloody hell...on the fucking PROFILE of someone they have used someone's USERNAME and the whole first essay section to COMPLAIN about this person and to insult and ridicule them because they left the date. WTF. This person just messaged me saying ''nice to see you again, maybe this time you can stay for awhile ;)'' god damn. i'm on an old account i recently remembered the password for and decided to use because i've answered something stupid like 1k questions lol, i disabled my other newer account near a month ago and have a new picture now, this is just creepy. hope to god they don't pigeon my name in one of their hate sections because i didn't reply to their messages LOL wtf. people...bloody, bloody people...*shakes head*

You guys would be shocked at how not everyone wants to have fun. Really. I suppose my idea of "fun" is more of "excitement", but that's open to interpretation, too.

I just don't like sitting on the couch every night and watching him read "Hunting World", endlessly. That is NOT FUN.

There are people who would consider "walks on the beach" to be "fun", but I think I made my point with glitter, lip gloss, electronic dance music, and international business class travel as to what I consider FUN.

And no one reads these things, anyways, they are all looking at the pictures. Except when people mention "Jesus" or "God" as one of their main things; I stay faaaar away from that.

I read them and I'm far from the only one.

I agree, I would not find watching someone read "Hunting World" either. Do you find dancing fun? Yes? Great! Write that you like dancing. Otherwise they have no idea whether their idea of fun is the same as yours.

I must say I also read it as well. Cute photos will get me excited, but I wouldn't do anything without a profile indicating that I'd actually like the person. Personality is too much of what works for me even if all I were after is sex.

I must say I also read it as well. Cute photos will get me excited, but I wouldn't do anything without a profile indicating that I'd actually like the person. Personality is too much of what works for me even if all I were after is sex.

Yup. Mostly about the profile for me. Cuteness definitely helps of course.

Online as well as off, some people are very pretty until they start talking. :)

totally.

my Arch Nemesis in school was apparently conventionally attractive but if i saw him now i'd just wanna punch him in the face bcus he's such a terrible person it just makes him *look* repulsive by association.

totally.

my Arch Nemesis in school was apparently conventionally attractive but if i saw him now i'd just wanna punch him in the face bcus he's such a terrible person it just makes him *look* repulsive by association.

I love the fact that you had an "Arch Nemesis" in school :lol:

I realize the thread has moved past this, but I haven't been around much and missed it when it was being discussed. I think it's fine to have standards about income or type of employment or ambition levels or whatever, but saying that someone shouldn't date because they're struggling or actually poor is offensive and classist, as long as whoever they're dating is aware of their poverty I see absolutely no issue. And about mattresses on the floor, better a mattress on the floor than a used bed frame that comes with bed bugs.

Archived