Martin's "Favorite Character" post.

Ser Daegon

It's Barristan... GRRM has lots of affection for Ser Grandfather, it shows in how he's written. He gave him an appropriate death, sword-in-hand, fighting for something he believed was right. Maybe he also gave Victarion his glorious fight he always dreamed of.

His last (published) chapter, talking to his newly made knights, gives so much the feeling that the end is near...

Just sayin'

Yes, but that would mean he's only at the battle of Meereen.

I don't want to think about that.

Maybe he writes out of order.

Maybe he writes out of order.

I think he does.

If I remember correctly, he wrote the Red Wedding last of all his chapters in Storm. He knew what was going to happen, he wrote the rest of the chapters with this in mind, but he didn't want to write that particular chapter. (I don't remember where I read it though.)

I think he does.

If I remember correctly, he wrote the Red Wedding last of all his chapters in Storm. He knew what was going to happen, he wrote the rest of the chapters with this in mind, but he didn't want to write that particular chapter. (I don't remember where I read it though.)

Now, you've got me all excited thinking he's almost done!

I can't win!

I honestly think the "main" characters are safe until at least the last book. Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Arya, Bran, and Sansa. Second tier characters I've seen GRRM mention as favorites; Sam and Davos......

If I remember correctly, Catelyn was a "main" or original POV, and her ass died a while ago. Of course, she was revived, but that is different.

If I remember correctly, Catelyn was a "main" or original POV, and her ass died a while ago. Of course, she was revived, but that is different.

Agree to disagree. I think those I mentioned are safe for at least another book. There are enough second tier characters to kill off before getting to them. When Cat died in ASoS there wasn't.

Agree. He's not killing Tyrion, Dany, Jon or Arya. I suppose he must be close to the half or 3/4 of book 6 by now, and important but not main ones are dying. I don't think it's barristan, he probably will die sooner. I suppose it might be Davos, one of the good guys whose dead would be hard to write.

Fuck me you too. Stop this now

There, there...

Archived