NFL Regular Season- Where Preseason hopes go to die...

Trebla

Also, I know the Broncos want to run more and all, but a bit less conservative offense even when they have the lead would sure make me happy. Run up the score and piss everyone off, just don't give teams a chance to keep plugging back.

That was a really weird game. The first half looked like the most absurd Denver team ever. The second half looked like the meth wore off. It didn't look like the Colts adjusted - it looked like Denver fucked up in every way that could. Dropped passes, penalties, bad playcalling, gutless play. At least on offense.

On the Colts it was clear they abandoned their pretext of running the ball and went to use Luck, and boy that was effective. But just not quite enough.

I don't think Pep has adjusted to the fact that the O-line he had at Stanford might actually have been better than the one he has with the Colts. Not, like, better in-context, or anything, just better.

That was a really weird game. The first half looked like the most absurd Denver team ever. The second half looked like the meth wore off. It didn't look like the Colts adjusted - it looked like Denver fucked up in every way that could. Dropped passes, penalties, bad playcalling, gutless play. At least on offense.

On the Colts it was clear they abandoned their pretext of running the ball and went to use Luck, and boy that was effective. But just not quite enough.

Kind of like their 2nd half meltdown against the Pats last season.

Every single Colts game against a good team follows the exact same script:

They start out balanced, huddling up, sticking to Pep Hamilton's script and they inevitably fall way behind because they're the worst running team in the league and in practice every rush attempt just denies Luck an opportunity to do what is necessary to get the first down.

Eventually they fall far enough behind that Andrew Luck just takes over completely, no huddle, calling his own plays and suddenly the Colts offense can't be stopped.

And yeah, I'm with you completely. Why teams, and especially the Colts, don't run more no huddle is beyond me. Feels a lot like offensive coaches trying to justify their phony baloney jobs.

Kind of like their 2nd half meltdown against the Pats last season.

At least there was the wind and inclement weather as some excuse. This time it was just gutless conservative gameplan in the second half ( not that I am complaining, at least the Colts fan in me is not). But this is one of the reasons I find it hard to believe in John Fox. Sean Payton would (probably)not have taken a knee by the end of the half. And he would have gone for the kill in the third quarter.

Archived