NFL Regular Season- Where Preseason hopes go to die...

Trebla

Well they actually got a timeout before that delay of game on 4th and 2....which now basically kills their chances of getting the ball back with any time left. Even when they win, they lose.

Not lost to me. Ol' boy looked great out there. Very efficient.

His three scrambles and buying time with his feet (esp for the first TD)were quite impressive. Arizona is a good team. They have lost a few defensive stalwarts. But the offense seems capable of offsetting that.

His three scrambles and buying time with his feet (esp for the first TD)were quite impressive. Arizona is a good team. They have lost a few defensive stalwarts. But the offense seems capable of offsetting that.

We have some kinks to work out and a couple of calls that made me want to pull my hair out but over all, I am pretty happy with this game.

The decimation of our defense through injury is just painful to think about. Our D would have been awesome this year.

If she truly does forgive him and want to be with him, then she just completely screwed AGAIN. The NFL Just took $15 million away from her. Actually pretty crazy, now that I think about it. "Because your husband punched you in the face, we're taking $15 million away from your family."

Love means never having to say you're sorry. :bang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SmxVCM39j4

Meh...

Where did we get the idea that sports figures are or should be examples of good behavior?

If RR could not play football, there is no story... Now he can't play football, there is no story...

The only thing that bothers me is that I drafted him in fantasy... luckily it was not an early pick and I think the team will recover.

What is up with Brady and Manning not finishing their games... really if they only show up for the first half why do they pay them for the whole game?

Where did we get the idea that sports figures are or should be examples of good behavior?

If RR could not play football, there is no story... Now he can't play football, there is no story...

Where did we get the idea that superstar athletes, celebrities, and folks with lots of money shouldn't be held responsible for their bad behavior? That's the more important question, methinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SmxVCM39j4

Meh...

The only thing that bothers me is that I drafted him in fantasy... luckily it was not an early pick and I think the team will recover.

What is up with Brady and Manning not finishing their games... really if they only show up for the first half why do they pay them for the whole game?

They're rewarded with salaries in the millions of dollars. Pretty clear that society feels that there should be some minimal standard of conduct that has to be met to receive such rewards. That line is probably drawn waaaaay too low, but at least it's clear that it exists.

They're rewarded with salaries in the millions of dollars. Pretty clear that society feels that there should be some minimal standard of conduct that has to be met to receive such rewards. That line is probably drawn waaaaay too low, but at least it's clear that it exists.

They are paid because they make the owners and the league more money than they are paid. Once that stops the pay stops.

If i want to watch decent human beings paid for being decent human beings.... I can watch cops or soldiers--notably not only I don't want to watch them nobody else does either... not many endorsement deals for decent human beings... i am pretty sure the peace corps is unpaid.

Society clearly does not reward good conduct... to allow it to claim that it makes any attempt to do so is to endorse its hypocrisy. So long as a man wearing a helmet defending a football makes more money than a man wearing a helmet defending his country.... society has no place to talk about minimum standards of conduct.

Society has laws for minimal standards of conduct. If one does not meet them, he or she is put in jail. If a society's laws allow for the person to remain free it is asinine to restrict that person's employment.

Anyhow, RR was not that good number 30 in rushing yards last year with 4 touchdowns... Losing him was not exactly the end of the world for the Ravens. Great Job at taking a stand against a player that really was not worth standing for.

Come to think of it... drafting him was not such a good idea after all..darned silly player rankings...

Archived