Season 5 Casting, News and Speculation V 5

ctid1977

I really don't think Mercy is going to be in episode 2. The only way that works is if she does that before ever going to the HoBaW. Even still, I don't think it makes a whole lot of sense. Plus, Nutter is definitely directing episodes 9 and 10. As that makes the most sense time wise for the Mercy scene anyway, I'm going to stick with believing that.

Definitely. I loved when Jaime took Tommen out and sat him down, the smell was getting to him. It's little character moments like that, that tell you so much, that they should keep but rarely do. Also at the funeral Jaime says this so we had better see the beard, that's all I'm saying:

Absolutely!! I love the Jaime quote you provided, and while I'm okay with Jaime either way........here's hoping you can at least have him and his beard go your way next season, LOL Jaime's long talk with Tywin's corpse is one of the highlights of AFFC, I do hope they include some, if not most, of it. I do think the funeral itself is right up D&D's alley, it's Jaime's alone time with the corpse that concerns me.

It would be hilarious if this girl IS Arianne and it was kept so quiet because D&D knew how much whining went on for the last year or two...

It would be, and it would make D&D master trolls but I think that might just be going too far and risking the PR stuff just for a little joke.

Even if D&D would be up for it, I doubt HBO would. And in any case, if she is Arianne it's hardly the same character as in the books. With her not the heir, the Sand Snakes, Ellaria and Trystane taking over the Queenmaker plot and with the likely cutting of the Griffs... There's hardly anything left of book Arianne, and the whining is still somewhat justified.

The schedule's pointing at Meereen. So probably a Meereenese noble woman or slave. Maybe Yezzan's wife, maybe an extremely young Green Grace, maybe something else... Keep in mind she's probably a small character so there's no reason for huge conspiracy theories.

I know you were mostly kidding, though :)

A whore that appears in multiple episodes in the Meereen storyline? Doesn't seem to fit, really

I've looked now.

It may be that they decide to split the scenes of the whore with Stalwart Shield across two episodes.

edit.

And after reading this.

"She mentions on her twitter that she was in Belfast 18th of August and in Croatia 8th of September. Does that match anyone else’s schedule?"

Yeah, my five pounds is on her being the whore.

I found a somewhat old, but interesting quote from Liam Cunnigham.

"Everybody in the cast will get the 10 episodes, or the main cast anyway, which most of us are,"

So 10 episodes for Sansa and Bran :stunned: ?

Edit. Link: http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/our-liam-heads-down-under-withthrones-exhibit-30395229.html

"Everybody in the cast will get the 10 episodes, or the main cast anyway, which most of us are,"

Edit. Link: http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/our-liam-heads-down-under-withthrones-exhibit-30395229.html

Without seeing the full conversation, it sounds to me more like he's talking about contracts, rather than actual episodes (I've speculated that the cast must be getting paid some kind of fixed sum amortized across the number of episodes, since the show is constantly shifting stuff around so they couldn't know how many total episodes characters would be in in advance, and a daily/weekly rate would seriously shortchange most of the cast). I can't imagine he's saying they're all going to actually be in ten episodes. That's never been true of the show, even in Season 1.

Without seeing the full conversation, it sounds to me more like he's talking about contracts, rather than actual episodes (I've speculated that the cast must be getting paid some kind of fixed sum amortized across the number of episodes, since the show is constantly shifting stuff around so they couldn't know how many total episodes characters would be in in advance, and a daily/weekly rate would seriously shortchange most of the cast). I can't imagine he's saying they're all going to actually be in ten episodes. That's never been true of the show, even in Season 1.

Yeah having Bran be in 10 episodes with no Hodor in them sounds very unlikely.

Sounds like he's talking about the scripts. The main cast get the scripts for all 10 episodes.

As linked in the comments on wotw an actress Meena Rayann is cast. Her CV says she's "currently filming episodes" but it doesn't say who she's playing. That same CV describes her appearance as being "Mediterranean, Middle Eastern [or] Mixed Race", which I guess could mean that she's in either the Dornish or Meereenese storyline. Given that she's good-looking an optimistic book fan might presume that they've actually gone and cast an Arianne after all, but it's much more likely that she's some sortof smaller role in either of those locations.

Well, whoever she is playing, I'm looking forward to seeing her on screen. She's absolutely gorgeous. Although I have to say that I've grown so used to the fought of Arianne not making the cut that that would have been the last role for me to think of.

Okay... this is weird. Maybe he's talking about the scripts. I certainly hope so, because cramming every single storyline into every single episode would create one hell of a mess.

Okay... this is weird. Maybe he's talking about the scripts. I certainly hope so, because cramming every single storyline into every single episode would create one hell of a mess.

Even in Season 1, which had by far the fewest plot threads, there were storylines that skipped episodes here and there. Now the show has more than twice as many.

Archived