NFL 2014 Week 2 - They are what we thought they were

Howdyphillip

Rumors that the House Judiciary Committee might be meeting tomorrow now...

Like, the House of Representatives House Judiciary Committee? That's fucking huge! I'm curious what they'll have to say.

Usually when an owner gives someone a public vote of confidence, that someone should probably update his resume.

My first thought as well.

Right on cue, John Mara, Robert Kraft, Jerry Richardson and Jerry Jones have all given Goodell the predictable vote of confidence.

Just waiting on Danny Snyder weighing in with "WE'RE NEVER CHANGING COMMISSIONERS, EVER!!!"

Wow, I honestly thought Robert Kraft would be a man to condemn the situation. He seems like such a respectable man. If ol' Jim Irsay weren't suspended, he might be able to score some brownie points here by calling for Goodell's head.

And yes, Goodell is absolutely toast.

Such a completely ridiculous thing to be sunk over. He'd already said we screwed up. When the video game out, he could have said yeah, like I said before, we

screwed up.

Anytime one of these scandals breaks with a public figure in a "what did he know and when did he know it" controversy, it's always the cover up, not the actual mistake that does these guys in. If they just own up to it from the start they look bad but the damage is usually contained.

But when they start lying (and then going further and further down the wormhole of that lie) to make themselves look less bad, especially on things that can (and will) be verified, they end up digging the hole they'll be buried in.

I don't understand how the focus of contempt is on Goodell. I agree he probably needs to go but why is there no fallout in the prosecutors office for letting Rice walk on this charge? To me the Goodell and NFL issue is secondary to the legal system. If they had done their job in the first place the NFL would be a non issue. What is wrong with our legal system that this action gets a free pass?

I don't understand how the focus of contempt is on Goodell. I agree he probably needs to go but why is there no fallout in the prosecutors office for letting Rice walk on this charge? To me the Goodell and NFL issue is secondary to the legal system. If they had done their job in the first place the NFL would be a non issue. What is wrong with our legal system that this action gets a free pass?

We cannot impact those peoples' jobs, Americans have next to no control in calling for justice from officials in public office unless they depend on votes. Goodell is in our grasp as fans.

I agree that the D.A. and judge involved should also have their feet held to the fire. You're right in that if they had prosecuted this case as it should have been in the first place, the punishment on the NFL's end would have likely been more severe than a 2 game suspension.

That being said, Goodell and the Ravens both had a chance to step up and deliver a suitable punishment regardless of how law enforcement handled the case.

If they had suspended him like they now have the players union would have filed a grievance and the blowback would not have been worth it. This is especially true because of how it was handled in the courts. The courts leniency gave cover to the NFL and everyone is just giving them a pass.

If they had suspended him like they now have the players union would have filed a grievance and the blowback would not have been worth it. This is especially true because of how it was handled in the courts. The courts leniency gave cover to the NFL and everyone is just giving them a pass.

That still would've been the smarter move. Drop the hammer on him, and let the player's union take the heat of the public backlash. That's exactly what Goodell should've done.

Not sure the D.A. and judge are being given a pass. There has been a lot of buzz behind having the case reopened.

I hope they revisit the case and that the judge and DA feel some consequences. All I see in the media is the finger pointing at Goodell and very little about the messed up legal system. Here in my state they just passed a law barring newspapers from listing domestic violence arrest in police logs. If you get arrested for a suspended license your name is in the paper but if you beat your wife no mention in the paper. I live in MA which is 100% democrat liberal state. So much for the war on women.

During his playing days I was contractually obligated to loathe James Harrison, but I would contribute to a Kickstarter that pays him to keep fucking with Goodell.

NFL Announces New Zero Tolerance Policy On Videotaped Domestic Violence

“I can assure you that any member of this league who strikes a woman in front of a live camera will face swift and heavy consequences. I also want to stress that this utterly reprehensible behavior is something we will in no way tolerate as long as the footage is completely uninterrupted and the entirety of the assault takes place within frame.”

The DA came out and said it, and this is true, that Rice wasn't doing jail time no matter what. Third degree assault for a first time offender. That's how the criminal justice system works in America. If you're not poor, and it's your first strike, you're not going to jail unless it was murder or pedophilia.

Archived