Sansa: The Richest Woman in Westeros

Victarion Chainbreaker

Let's see how she can become the richest woman in Westeros...

Becomes heir of Winterfell and Riverrun, inherits that.

Gets divorce from Tyrion, so either as a result of his adultery or under California Laws, she gets 50% of his assets (heh !).

Becomes Mrs. Littlefinger.

Blackmails the Tyrells to gain various concessions with regard to Arbor wine trading rights, and so on.

Spends all winter profiteering from the Vale's relatively untouched food supply.

Starts cooing over Euron Greyjoy, until a jealous Littlfinger sends the Faceless Men to have him whacked.

Has Littlefinger whacked.

Allies with Asha Greyjoy to take over Euron's empire and share the spoils.

Yup, that's our sweet Sansa - a cross between Lolita and Michael Corleone. :bs:

Crows eye, then your inventing a fleet that doesn't exist. IDK how many boats you think it takes to transport 40k troops but fishing and patrol boats are not going to cut it.

Taking as an example the longships from the Iron Fleet, around 200-250.

Of course, all soldiers would be oars as well, that's how longships work. But like this only happens with the Ironborn, we are talking about even more war galleys to get those 40,000.

It's just impossible.

As to the OP, I think she'll be a good sister and true to the Stark name and will pay the Night's Watch loan to the Iron Bank

I'm hoping for a Jon/Sansa reunion (the most unlikely Starks kids to meet) but now this will make it so awkward. "Sister, how I dreaded you were dead!", "Oh, Jon, my only family left!", "Indeed. Have money? I.. have debts".

two words: lemon cakes

She will buy lemoncakes for all of Westeros!

Let them eat lemoncakes!

I'm hoping for a Jon/Sansa reunion (the most unlikely Starks kids to meet) but now this will make it so awkward. "Sister, how I dreaded you were dead!", "Oh, Jon, my only family left!", "Indeed. Have money? I.. have debts".

Let's not forget Tze's essay and how extremly beautiful would be for them to meet again.

I'm hoping for it too :cheers:

Crows eye, then your inventing a fleet that doesn't exist. IDK how many boats you think it takes to transport 40k troops but fishing and patrol boats are not going to cut it.

Taking as an example the longships from the Iron Fleet, around 200-250.

Of course, all soldiers would be oars as well, that's how longships work. But like this only happens with the Ironborn, we are talking about even more war galleys to get those 40,000.

It's just impossible.

First of all, are you sure that the mostly mountainous Vale can Raise 40,000 troops?

The ships can always come back to shuttle troops between Gulltown and the Riverlands.

second, Littlefinger can always bring in a few sellsails (if Stannis can do it, so can LF), to augment the fleet.

First of all, are you sure that the mostly mountainous Vale can Raise 40,000 troops?

The ships can always come back to shuttle troops between Gulltown and the Riverlands.

second, Littlefinger can always bring in a few sellsails (if Stannis can do it, so can LF), to augment the fleet.

The Vale's numbers are already confirmed as 40,000 as a minumum.

There are many debates arounnd here about the Vale having even more soldiers, around the 45K mark.

Catelyn Stark says, that most of the Vale consists of fertile valleys, only the mountains on the outside, that protect the Vale, are not good for planting.

ETA: I could really see the Vale as the kingdom with the third-highest production of agrarian goods (after the Reach and the Riverlands).

^ Gulltown has not been mentioned to have a huge fleet capable to carrying an army.

And you made a connection to some army where again?

I am going go with feed the Riverlands. Lets be real here if Sansa does anything her first stop has to be the Riverlands because there is only 1 way out of the Vale and that leads you straight to the crossroads inn.

Oh that's right, you don't mention one at all. You chose the option "She will feed the Riverlands" which was separate from the "She will hire an army", which you don't imply at all that you consider her traveling with an army. Rather it seems like what is implied in you're post is that she can only make traveling arrangements over land which would be incorrect.

She has two opportunities for inheriting the Riverlands. Sansa is 4th in line for being the head of House Tully, and the TWOW prologue may very well result in her being 2nd in line. The Riverlords have no love for the Lannister and Frey occupying Riverrun, and the BWB already have an infiltraor in the castle ready to open a gate. Interestingly enough, as Alayne she is also 2nd in line to inherit Harrenhal, as Littlefinger has no other heirs.

For Sansa to become Lady Paramount of the Vale, she'd need a marriage, but I'm hesitant about that actually happening. Lysa planned to marry her to Sweetrobin, and Littlefinger planned to marry her to Harry. But plans the readers are privy to tend to not happen. Could she find another way, perhaps with LF's fortune, of controlling the Vale?

She has two opportunities for inheriting the Riverlands. Sansa is 4th in line for being the head of House Tully, and the TWOW prologue may very well result in her being 2nd in line. The Riverlords have no love for the Lannister and Frey occupying Riverrun, and the BWB already have an infiltraor in the castle ready to open a gate. Interestingly enough, as Alayne she is also 2nd in line to inherit Harrenhal, as Littlefinger has no other heirs.

For Sansa to become Lady Paramount of the Vale, she'd need a marriage, but I'm hesitant about that actually happening. Lysa planned to marry her to Sweetrobin, and Littlefinger planned to marry her to Harry. But plans the readers are privy to tend to not happen. Could she find another way, perhaps with LF's fortune, of controlling the Vale?

For Sansa to marry

A. She must be free of Tyrion, this would have to happen through either option 1: Widowhood, or option 2: Annulment.

Widowhood is not going to happen (especially since Petyr keeps promising the demise of GRRM's pet). Correct me if im wrong, but an annulment requires her presence at the Great Sept. The faith has officially blessed Tommen's puppet regime, which wants Sansa's head. In short the risk, is not worth the gain in the near future.

B. Cersei must be out of the picture, or least King's Landing.

I am of the opinion that Cersei will win her trial by combat (she's not gonna go that easy.) The Lord of the Vale wedding a fugitive of the Iron Throne, would amount to an outright declaration of war.

Towards the end of Sansa's last chapter in feast, Littlefinger admitted that these two conditions would have to be met for her to marry.

Let them eat lemoncakes!

LOL

I'm going to agree on lemocakes. As for the money, it depends on how complex are the financial institutions in Westeros and Essos. While LF should have a fair amount of physical gold with him, his assets, whichever they are, include real state in King's Landing (brothels) which Sansa can't touch as Sansa Stark, and probably accounts in Essosi banks and, maybe, some sort of societies including stock.

In other words, Sansa would need the Westerosi and Essosi equivalent of a lawyer to get hold of most of LF's assets and, since Westerosi laws imply she doesn't inherit anything unless she's legitimized, she'd have a hard time getting her hands into anything that isn't physical gold coins hidden in safe.

Now, if Alayne Stone was legitimized (say, as a condition to marry HtH) by the Iron Throne, now Sansa has a shot at inheriting. And we move into the next stage of her character growth: "Sansa Stark, pimp extraordinarie"

LOL

I'm going to agree on lemocakes. As for the money, it depends on how complex are the financial institutions in Westeros and Essos. While LF should have a fair amount of physical gold with him, his assets, whichever they are, include real state in King's Landing (brothels) which Sansa can't touch as Sansa Stark, and probably accounts in Essosi banks and, maybe, some sort of societies including stock.

In other words, Sansa would need the Westerosi and Essosi equivalent of a lawyer to get hold of most of LF's assets and, since Westerosi laws imply she doesn't inherit anything unless she's legitimized, she'd have a hard time getting her hands into anything that isn't physical gold coins hidden in safe.

Now, if Alayne Stone was legitimized (say, as a condition to marry HtH) by the Iron Throne, now Sansa has a shot at inheriting. And we move into the next stage of her character growth: "Sansa Stark, pimp extraordinarie"

Littlefinger's plan (if he was being honest) is to use the Vale's forces to take back the North for the Starks. I can't imagine the Iron Throne would be okay with that. It's likely he has liquidated his assets in King's Landing so they don't get confiscated, and there's a good chance he's sitting on a ton of gold.

Littlefinger's plan (if he was being honest) is to use the Vale's forces to take back the North for the Starks. I can't imagine the Iron Throne would be okay with that. It's likely he has liquidated his assets in King's Landing so they don't get confiscated, and there's a good chance he's sitting on a ton of gold.

Yes, good point. Besides, he's probably going to need to have cash in hand. Having money in the Braavosi equivalent of a shell company won't do him any good in the immediate future. Then again, gold is easy to steal. Then again, if he liquidates his assets, he might draw unwanted attention. Then again, I might be thinking too much about this.

Sansa is also married to the rightful lord of the rock.

Although it means little now, that can change. Especially when Dany lands on Westeros.

While you're not wrong, I don't think anyone can really consider Tyrion the rightful Lord of Casterly Rock. While his first trial was a sham, he did kill his father, so from any sort of legal standpoint, he has lost all rights. But, as you say, that could change if he joins Dany in a meaningful capacity (highly likely :() and coattails her back to Westeros.

For Sansa to marry

A. She must be free of Tyrion, this would have to happen through either option 1: Widowhood, or option 2: Annulment.

Widowhood is not going to happen (especially since Petyr keeps promising the demise of GRRM's pet). Correct me if im wrong, but an annulment requires her presence at the Great Sept. The faith has officially blessed Tommen's puppet regime, which wants Sansa's head. In short the risk, is not worth the gain in the near future.

One of the involved parties needs to be personally involved. That would be indeed Sansa or Tyrion - or Tysha!

A child of Tysha would suffice as well. All they had to do was to ask the High Sparrow to determine the legality of their marriage/paternity and he'd be forced to judge Tyrion's marriage to Sansa invalid, resulting in an annulment.

If LF wants to make that happen, he has the means for that, whether it's a true Tysha or a faked one/child.

For Sansa to become de-facto Lady Paramount of the Vale, she does only need to survive. Sweetrobin treats her like an older sister or rather a mother. As soon as LF is out of the picture, that'll make her the ruler of the Vale for the next decade or so.

Archived