Aspects of the story you're weirdly obsessed with

Chebyshov

Until I joined the forums, I was never obsessed with RLJ. I had put it together but didn't really think much of it. Now, I'm here, and I can't leave the RLJ threads to save my life.

I am very interested in Dany as a character, but in particular am obsessed with the subverted courtly love trope between Dany and Jorah. Actually pulled out my textbooks on the subject a few weeks ago and have started going back through various Dany chapters making notes and beginning an essay or two. Whether or not they will ever see the light of day, who knows...but they are there on my hard drive.

Me too, but rather than Dany, it's Jorah. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I find him really interesting and view him as a good person. I think I am biased.

I'm newer than most, but my specialty is the girls, particularly because I was one myself not too many ages ago, and spent a decade teaching.

So I take note not only of our main girl POVs (Dany, Sansa and Arya), but also characters like Lyanna Stark and Jeyne Poole.

Beyond that, I enjoy reading and learning more about Targaryen genealogy, the North, Valyria, & all things about the Wall and the Night's Watch.

Not obsessed, but i have aSoS on audio and always listen to it when trying to fall asleep. I divided it into chapters like Cat I, Bran I, etc.. So i pick my favorites or specific chapters. I think i've heard the Hound's trial like 50 times now. Also everything Edmure and Blackfish probably too.

Oh and Jaime, lots of Jaime. It won't be for long and i'll exclusively refer to women as "wenches", i fear.

I've do the same thing, actually (although I have a lot of audiobooks that I rotate through). But I have playlists of one POV character as well, since I really like listening to it that way.

I guess the ones that I know most about are Jon, Arya, Jaime, Danaerys, Davos, Catelyn, Tyrion and Ned. Those are the chapters I listen to the most.

Me too, but rather than Dany, it's Jorah. I know a lot of people don't like him, but I find him really interesting and view him as a good person. I think I am biased.

Oh. I love My Bear. It is known. I don't think we've met. We can be Jorah buddies .

My favourite stuff is the history of Westeros, especially the Targaryen family tree and each Targaryen monarch. Simply because I love the discussions with posters like Lord Varys, Rhaenys_Targaryen, Jaak and others who frequent those threads most. Every sample or reading we get of the history of Westeros sends me.immediately to look for the discussion thread. The people in those threads make some wonderful comments, its a pleasure to discuss with them :) As such, I'm probably more excited about the World of Ice and Fire than Winds at present.

Aside from that, I really enjoy the kind of things that come up in Small Questions and Wow I never noticed that, because it often sparks of further thoughts.

I find Jojen and Meera to be incredibly fascinating characters. I cannot say how many times I read the Bran chapters from the point on where they appear at the harvest feast. It would be interesting to get to know more about the crannogmen culture but the information we have is sadly very limited.

As far as general tendencies go I care more about how the characters deal with their respective situations like social expectations or magical abilities and how they differ in doing so than the situations themselves. And I probably appreciate the 'good', by which I mean the less moral ambiguous characters like Davos or Meribald, almost more than characters like Theon or Jaime since I do not think that being a 'grey' does make that character inherently more (or less) interesting.

As an archaeologist, I'm fascinated with the history and peopling of Planetos (particularly Westeros and Essos); the movement and interaction of various groups and turning points in history (The Pact, The Long Night, The Doom, etc...). I can't wait for The World of Ice and Fire! :)

Archived