NFL 2014 Week 3: The Struggle is Real

Jace, Extat

So, We had football this week. We sure did, Gary; we sure did....

-Patriots got it done. How many teams could look good when the opposing team basically said, “We don’t even NEED our best player!” That’s pretty ballsy of the Vikings right there. How would the Panthers look without Newton? The Lions without Megatron? The Broncos without the refs? Seattle without the guy who gets them their “medicine?” The Giants, Eagles and Washington without Tony Romo? Thankfully, the Pats dominated in all three phases of the game. So its only slightly awkward that so many Vikings' fans wore AP’s number. Stay classy.

The Pats D was very good, but its hard when the Vikings lost AP and had Matt Cassell. Every time he threw a pick all I could think was Jim Ross saying (WWE style) “Wait… good God… THAT’S MATT CASSELL’S MUSIC!!!). He did everything but hit Zimmer over the head with a steel chair.

Brady threw for like 8 yards. Which is fine; no picks. But the Pats committed 15 penalties for 163 yards. How many teams can you beat that way? Okay, like maybe 10 to 12 which would be fine.

True test is next week when the Pats play, possibly, the worst team in the NFL (the Raiders) in a constant ploy by the league to get my hopes up. I like this style of play; who needs to beat quality opponents when most teams in the NFL are fucking terrible?

-Speaking of terrible, Gino Smith is still gainfully employed in the NFL, starting in front of former cautionary tale, Michael Vick. Smith completed 50% of his passes (like a big boy) and threw a pick. Thank you Jets for setting right what last week made so wrong. I hope your next leap is the leap home…

-Does Washington have any players left on O? I feel really bad for RGIII because his career is now firmly ensconced in the “Worst Case Scenario” part of the “Ways This Guy Can Play Out.” Again, I blame Shanahan. But Washington won because thE Jaguars still field a team. Like you read about. Cousins played great so you have this controversy to look forward to, Washington fans....

-Giants turned the ball over 4 times. Because its hilarious to watch Eli try.

-Richard Sherman: be careful for what you wish for….

-The Cowboys: That’s why they always finish 8-8: because bad teams can beat worse teams.

-Chicago… Wow. Well done. No, really that… that’s legit.

-The Saints need to worry, They look like shit; they just lost to the Browns and the Browns are still run by a moron. They are also in there with the Panthers and that D looks incredible. Breese looks okay, but not great and their D looks terrible. How can they be so bad so suddenly? Fuck, they lost to Atlanta!

-AJ Green, Jamaal Charles, the aforementioned RGIII; half the Bears D- I’m starting to think that the NFL is a dangerous game to play. Especially if you are AP’s kid…. Too soon? You know what? No- he’s a fucking asshole who beats his kids. Fuck’em.

-Also, what's the over/under on "Most Consecutive Plays a Team Can Run Without A Penalty Being called?" 5.5? Its close right? Pats were called 16 times (that were enforced) Washington had 11; Denver had 11. And they all won. I need this to stop; I'd like to see a game or something.

I have to say this was an excellent weekend of football. 49ers and Seahawks lose, Cardinals win.

Not bad at all.

The Seahawks losing is the only thing keeping me from losing my shit tonight.

I can only take so much calling for the purchase of Super Bowl tickets this soon though. :P

It's the only natural reaction after last week, when the Bears were suddenly one of the worst teams in the league.

Florio just said RGIII may only miss four weeks?!!? :stunned: How does that work?

HGH is a hell of a drug.

By the way, I'm glad the Mods made the right call. I totally had the best title. :leaving:

Funny... I was just getting over my fit of childish rage that my thread didn't survive. (I was on the second page!!!!) mainly because your topic title is generic and basically sucks. ;)

Funny... I was just getting over my fit of childish rage that my thread didn't survive. (I was on the second page!!!!) mainly because your topic title is generic and basically sucks. ;)

:crying:

I thought we were friends... :bawl:

-Also, what's the over/under on "Most Consecutive Plays a Team Can Run Without A Penalty Being called?" 5.5? Its close right? Pats were called 16 times (that were enforced) Washington had 11; Denver had 11. And they all won. I need this to stop; I'd like to see a game or something.

49ers had 16 penalties too. A full 1/3rd of Bears first downs came via penalties. Welcome to NFL football in 2014. Every play without an "illegal hands to the face" penalty is a small blessing.

Someone needs to a study of how many penalties (accepted or otherwise) were called per game today.

:crying:

I thought we were friends... :bawl:

I can't be friends with anyone who hates God's team: the Kentucky Men's Basketball team, lead by our savior John Calipari. (Hallowed be his name.)

Archived