Choose the next dead Stark

Waylin Stark

Tough one, as I really hope all remaining Starks survive.

I have to go with Sansa though. Lady's death to me foreshadows her death at the hands of someone with a look of her father (Arya) probably a merciful death. Just my own opinion, I'm aware people have other interpretations of Ladys death.

Bran I think is destined to live a unnatural long life in the Tree cave.

Arya I see leaving her name behind & heading of into Essos.

Rickon I think will become Lord of Winterfell. The last chapter being him in the Godswood teaching his children about his heroic Brothers & Sisters, as Bran watches via the Weirwood. The face on the tree weeps red sap from the eyes of the face.

Saying all that, GRRM will probably kill them all in shocking ways.

Tough one, as I really hope all remaining Starks survive.

I have to go with Sansa though. Lady's death to me foreshadows her death at the hands of someone with a look of her father (Arya) probably a merciful death. Just my own opinion, I'm aware people have other interpretations of Ladys death.

Bran I think is destined to live a unnatural long life in the Tree cave.

Arya I see leaving her name behind & heading of into Essos.

Rickon I think will become Lord of Winterfell. The last chapter being him in the Godswood teaching his children about his heroic Brothers & Sisters, as Bran watches via the Weirwood. The face on the tree weeps red sap from the eyes of the face.

Saying all that, GRRM will probably kill them all in shocking ways.

I agree on everything but the Arya part. I think she wont leave her name behind not after the mercy chapter. I think the FM will kick her out or shell leave herself

I don't think it matters what character you WANT to die or not. It matters what character has foreshadowings for them to die and what character it makes the most sense to die. Arya has the darkest personality of almost anyone in the series and there are foreshadowings of her death. Sansa's death, on the other hand, would not help the story along at all and would go against what most of her arc has been about (survival and being in control of her own life). And wanting Arya to rule the North is a very questionable desire, honestly. Her idea of honor is very skewed and she is a loose cannon at best.

Hate to break it to you, but Arya's arc has also been all about survival and finding agency (it's one of the reasons I think she's with the FM- she's hoping that their lessons will let her be in control of her own destiny without some random person aiming to capture her like they did in ASOS). And how would Arya's death "help to move the story along"? Using your own logic, Arya doesn't seem likely to die.

As for my answer, I really, really hope that all the Starks made it but in order of most likely to die:

Benjen

Jon (Last third of ADOS)

Arya (Last third of ADOS)

Sansa (most likely survives)

Bran (definitely survives)

Rickon (definitely survives)

I Stark I most want to survive would be Arya though.

Jeyne seems the obvious choice, and yes, she is a Stark.

As to those who were Starks when the story began, Benjen is the next obvious choice.

Jon would be after Benjen and near the end of the series.

I don't see any of the others dying.

John, Arya, Rickon and Bran have all been 'lone wolves' throughout most of the book so I'd say that this logic is flawed. It also makes character deaths predictable.

For me, it has a lot more to do with what their POVs have to offer in terms of story.

I agree with the poster above (nmrch). Rickon. He really is a tragic character and his wolf is too untamed.

You missed the point. Sansa is without even a wolf.

I don't see any Stark dying at this point in the series, however if I have to choose one then it would be Jon. Sansa, Arya and Bran are out of the question, because one of the reasons why Ned, Catelyn and Robb have been killed off is for them specifically to grow up and be the real heroes of the Stark family and bring it back in it's glory (and possibly better). Rickon won't die because I have a feeling he has been created for the purpose of being the one who continues the Stark line. Jon is most likely to die because of the position he has in the book. He is one of the heroes who will play a big part of the battle against ice and the idea of him dying as a hero should not be completely thrown out of the window. However despite this there is a big chance he will live.

on re-reding the post title...if I could really freely choosing the nex dead Stark, I wish he/she could be some remote relative living far away, that we never heard of..very old persons without children or close friends...

Hedwiga Stark and or his brother Cornelius Stark .

More than enough at least until the end of TWOW.

and all those foreshadowing about Arya...red herrings they are!

Archived