Choose the next dead Stark

Waylin Stark

I don't think it matters what character you WANT to die or not. It matters what character has foreshadowings for them to die and what character it makes the most sense to die. Arya has the darkest personality of almost anyone in the series and there are foreshadowings of her death. Sansa's death, on the other hand, would not help the story along at all and would go against what most of her arc has been about (survival and being in control of her own life). And wanting Arya to rule the North is a very questionable desire, honestly. Her idea of honor is very skewed and she is a loose cannon at best.

Yep

Arya is my favourite character of ASOIAF but I think she is the most likely to die as well and if she gets some measure of the vengeance she desires I don't feel that this fate would upset her.

I have a feeling that Rickon has already died and is warged into Shaggydog. They have played up the "second life" thing a lot without it being a major plot point yet, so I'm pretty sure a major character is going to die and end up living their second life in a dire wolf. Jon seems pretty obvious for that, so I think that makes him less likely. Arya is very far from her wolf, and doesn't consciously control it. When Varamyr died, his spirit flew around a bit before ending up in a body, which makes me think it might not be easy to warg after death unless your new host is close. And of course, Sansa doesn't have a dire wolf anymore. As far as we know, Rickon is still with Shaggydog and we have no idea what he's been up to.

If Osha is still alive, it might be possible for Davos to talk to her and have her convince Shaggyrick to leave Skagos with him, though I don't know what good that would do. If Osha is dead too, the only outcome I see likely in the scenario is that Davos ends up killed and eaten by Shaggyrick.

My guesses in chronological order:

1) Benjen soon after he's found.

2) Rickon, his whole story line is a Shaggy Dog story.

3) Sansa will have a child with Harry the Heir and he'll die at an inconvenient time.

4) Arya early in the last book.

5) Jon in the last few chapters of the story.

Niiiiiice :cheers:

Tough one, as I really hope all remaining Starks survive.

I have to go with Sansa though. Lady's death to me foreshadows her death at the hands of someone with a look of her father (Arya) probably a merciful death. Just my own opinion, I'm aware people have other interpretations of Ladys death.

Bran I think is destined to live a unnatural long life in the Tree cave.

Arya I see leaving her name behind & heading of into Essos.

Rickon I think will become Lord of Winterfell. The last chapter being him in the Godswood teaching his children about his heroic Brothers & Sisters, as Bran watches via the Weirwood. The face on the tree weeps red sap from the eyes of the face.

Saying all that, GRRM will probably kill them all in shocking ways.

Sansa's direwolf is killed by her real father, so maybe she dies at the hands of her fauxfather, Littlefinger.

Just before I got to your post I was thinking maybe there will be a scene where he tries to set up a convincing accident that kills Sweetrobin and spares her, but it goes wrong and spares little Robert and kills Sansa instead.

I hope GRRM has killed enough Starks already but I know how mean he is. Jon might already technically be dead, just as Catelyn and Varamyr are dead. If he's not dead now there's a good chance he'll die at some point - heroes don't live long in ASOIAF - but he could also live. Unfortunately I also think Arya is one of the most likely just because of all the foreshadowing and her current dark and dangerous path :( Benjen as well because adult Starks don't have high survival rates in ASOIAF.

If Bran stays where he is then he will be officially dead even though he can probably then live on for years and years like Bloodraven, if you call that life. Rickon surely has to live to carry on the family name. Surely. Sansa could very well die but somehow I just don't see it happening. But what do I know? Jeyne is in great danger as well but I think if GRRM was going to kill her off he would have done it at the RW unless she has some important role to fill between RW and her death.

I will mimic Howlin' Howland, but in order of likelihood instead of the chronological:

1 (most likely to die). Jon Snow. When last we saw the LC of the NW he was sporting 1 lesser wound on the neck (iirc) & 2 potentially fatal wounds (1 into the gut, and one into his back from behind, near the heart.), with a third on the way. Well on his way to being a ghost/Ghost.

2. Benjen Stark. He has a better chance of being alive than Jon, but by a hair.

3. Lyarra Stark. Martin has not mentioned her by name in any of the 5 books to date (She's in the Stark Lineage in the sell packet pdf for WoIaF). We know nothing, Jon Snow. Lacking a basis to make a judgement, the odds are 50-50, I'd say. And that makes her much more like to be alive than Jon or Benjen, and slightly behind her remaining grandkids.

4. Arya Stark. In her line of work . . . she's courting death.

5. Rickon Stark. Hanging out with cannibals, well that's something to gnaw on.

6. Sansa Stark. Just being around a player like LF reduces your chances of survival considerably. If Tyrion makes it back to Westeros on a dragon? LF might be looking for a cave. And Sansa? Left out in the open to take the heat. ON the other hand . . . I could see a path for Sansa to the throne either as Tyrion's Queen or as ruling Queen with LF as consort and power behind the throne.

7. Bran Stark. In a snug cave with the CotF far north of the troubles (wars) in the south. Safe from the Others, wights and winter - what could possibly go wrong? Seriously. Aside from going crazy living in the dark and getting bombarded with information from past & present that he can't act on (I suppose he could send ravens . . . ) - he does not appear to be in any physical danger.

I will mimic Howlin' Howland, but in order of likelihood instead of the chronological: 1 (most likely to die). Jon Snow. When last we saw the LC of the NW he was sporting 1 lesser wound on the neck (iirc) & 2 potentially fatal wounds (1 into the gut, and one into his back from behind, near the heart.), with a third on the way. Well on his way to being a ghost/Ghost.2. Benjen Stark. He has a better chance of being alive than Jon, but by a hair.3. Lyarra Stark. Martin has not mentioned her by name in any of the 5 books to date (She's in the Stark Lineage in the sell packet pdf for WoIaF). We know nothing, Jon Snow. Lacking a basis to make a judgement, the odds are 50-50, I'd say. And that makes her much more like to be alive than Jon or Benjen, and slightly behind her remaining grandkids.4. Arya Stark. In her line of work . . . she's courting death.5. Rickon Stark. Hanging out with cannibals, well that's something to gnaw on.6. Sansa Stark. Just being around a player like LF reduces your chances of survival considerably. If Tyrion makes it back to Westeros on a dragon? LF might be looking for cave. And Sansa? She might be left out in the open to take the heat. ON the other hand . . . I could see a path for Sansa to the throne either as Tyrion's Queen or as ruling Queen with LF as consort and power behind the throne.7. Bran Stark. In a snug cave with the CotF far north of the troubles (wars) in the south. Safe from the Others, wights and winter - what could possibly go wrong? Seriously. Aside from going crazy living in the dark and getting bombarded with information from past & present that he can't act on (I suppose he could end ravens . . . ) - he does not appear to be in any physical danger.

wow :) what a delightful style...first time I can read the possible deaths of my loved ones without getting depressed

:grouphug:

• 4 months later...

I also think (very sadly, as she is my very favorite character) Arya. And I think it will be a tragic accident--she will use the faceless man tricks and infiltrate at Winterfell and be killed by Jon.

And I ALSO think Jon will die at the very end--I don't actually see any of the heads of the dragon surviving to the epilogue.

If one of them dies I think it'll probably be Arya. I'd prefer it to be Rickon. Nothing against the kid, but I don't feel as attached to him as the rest (even boring Bran, but I'm pretty close to certain no-one's going to chop him down).

Sansa. She had it coming for a while now.

And the fact that she is becoming the "next LF" in the eyes of many readers (mines as well) only convinces me more.

And I don't know why, but every time I picture her death, Arya's the one that kills her.

Even tough I don't really see it happening that way. But if another Stark must die, she's gone.

I think they're done dying until the tail end. What we're seeing now is their resurgence. They've fallen as low as they can and they're coming back.

I can see both Jon and, to a lesser extent, Arya dying by the very end. Bran could go either way, depending on whether he decides to stay in the tree. I think Rickon and Sansa survive. I actually think Arya will live too, but after Jon I think she has the biggest chance of dying.

I think there is a high chance that Rickon is dead. Skagosi are said to have a reputation of being cannibals. With that, there is a possibility that Rickon is already eaten by the people of Skagos along with Osha and his direwolf.

Shaggydog at the least was still alive as of the beginning of the fifth book. And Jon doesn't remark on sensing another of the wolves dying, the way he "knows" that Grey Wind and Lady are dead. As for Skagos, I think its reputation is just that: a reputation, based on rumors and hearsay, possibly encouraged by the people themselves to keep people from interfering with them. The entire Skagos thing screams "the lady doth protest too much."

Archived