NFL Week3-4: Revenge of the Nerd?

Sivin

Defensive scores of any kind end the game as well. Here's an example from the rulebook:

A.R. 16.19 SAFETY

Third-and-5 on A7. On the opening possession of overtime, A1 is tackled in his own end zone for a safety.
Ruling: Game over. Team B wins. Both teams have met the minimum requirements for possession.

Basically as soon as you turn the ball over you have given the opportunity for both teams to have possession (albeit possibly very quickly) and thus the game is over on the next score of any kind.

Jaime, I sympathized with your sports naming debacle. Honestly, I did.

And then today, here in Toronto, we went and sold the naming rights to Maple Leaf Square (huge square downtown outside ACC where Torontonians gather to watch sports on giant screen) to the Ford Motor Co.

Meaning our central square/sports Mecca is now named Ford Square.

Coincidentally, you may have heard of our current train wreck of a mayor, Rob Ford? Crack smoker, potential murder multiple suspect, alcoholic, repeatedly demonstrated as corrupt, hooker-hiring, gay-bashing, racist jingoist explitive uttering old woman careening football falling camera face-planting....I literally could go on for days...anyways, that guy.

About whom the world knows, and now will assume is such a delight we name our central square after the complete asshat.

Oh, joy.

In a parallel line of thought, if the ball is intercepted by team B but the intercepting player fumbles, with the fumble being recovered by team A, do they now only need a fieldgoal to win?

That's almost always going to be a touchback though, unless the defensive player is a complete bonehead.

That's almost always going to be a touchback though, unless the defensive player is a complete bonehead.

Almost, but a Washington player came a fiit away from managing it last night. Not in OT, but I would have laughed very hard anyway.

Jaime, I sympathized with your sports naming debacle. Honestly, I did.

And then today, here in Toronto, we went and sold the naming rights to Maple Leaf Square (huge square downtown outside ACC where Torontonians gather to watch sports on giant screen) to the Ford Motor Co.

Meaning our central square/sports Mecca is now named Ford Square.

Coincidentally, you may have heard of our current train wreck of a mayor, Rob Ford? Crack smoker, potential murder multiple suspect, alcoholic, repeatedly demonstrated as corrupt, hooker-hiring, gay-bashing, racist jingoist explitive uttering old woman careening football falling camera face-planting....I literally could go on for days...anyways, that guy.

About whom the world knows, and now will assume is such a delight we name our central square after the complete asshat.

Oh, joy.

I think this is an important unintentional homage to the most unintentionally entertaining mayor in North America. Never forget.

Apparently Washington fans felt "ambushed" by The Daily Show for inviting them on the show to defend the team name then confronting them with a group of Native Americans. The funniest things one of the fans said was something along the lines of "If I had known they were going to be there I wouldn't have worn my Redskins jacket." If you are defending the team name...and that matters...I'd say it's hypocrisy but it feels so much more like plain stupidity.

You can see the segment here.

Now I know for a fact not all Washington fans are like this. But I also know for a fact that some Washington fans are SO like this!

So apparently Suh will not be re-signing with the Lions...

The report indicates the Giants, Jets, Cowboys, or Bears as potential destinations. I'd be cool with him going to the Jets or Bears. Can you imagine Rex Ryan's erection if he still had his job and got to play with Suh?

The refs have scored more points than either the Packers or the Bears so far. My tally is Packers-7, Bears-3, Refs-14.

Also, my fondest fuck you to the local television networks for believing that because the Colts are playing, Bears vs. Packers should not be on television. Fuuuuuuckkkkk you for making me watch this game on a shitty stream.

Also, my fondest fuck you to the local television networks for believing that because the Colts are playing, Bears vs. Packers should not be on television. Fuuuuuuckkkkk you for making me watch this game on a shitty stream.

Yeah, both defenses getting flagged for breathing. Farking ridiculous.

Archived