What is your personal crazy theory?

Gibzit

Brienne lures Jaime to LS where she will force them into a trial by combat. Brienne will be unable to kill Jaime even though she clearly out matches him and will fall upon his sword to save his life. For some reason the magic that is used to reanimate LS....dun dun dun...

WEAVES IT'S WAY INTO JAIME'S GOLDEN HAND!!!!

Then he rides into the north with oathkeeper and Pod to combat the white walker menace while Iron Maiden plays in the background.

Oh, and he returns to KL to choke out his sister at some point (with the golden hand)

Varys planted Shae.

It was just my overwhelming impression on my first read that something was sketchy and it was probably Varys.

I've since come to realize that this theory is kind of crack pot and implies Varys is all knowing all powerful to a degree that is kind of ridiculous.

But I can't let go of a little part of me that hopes it's true.

The person that ended the Targaryen dynasty will re-ignite it once again.

Jaime will bend the knee to Jon. His redemption arc will complete with his promise to Rhaegar, helping and influencing Jon to sit the throne.

Thus, Jaime is no more the Kingslayer, but the Kingmaker.

Good to see I'm not the only one with this "crazy" theory. My theory follows the same trajectory with Jamie becoming part of Jon's entourage, but in my case Jamie dies defending Jon during the final battle against Dany, posthumously earning the title "Kingdefender/protector"

My crazy theory is that Edwyle Stark married one of Egg's younger sisters. That is why Ned tells Robert he had the better claim ( as it was 1 gen more closer) and that Rhaegar found a birth record, not a scroll of prophesy that made him change. He changed because so he could win the heart of someone like Lyanna Stark. He went to tHH to meet her, win it, and her heart.

I have heard that the world book disproves it, but I will wait and see.

My crackpot (if R+L=J is true) is:

Ned broke his promise to Lyanna, which was to declare Jon's parentage. (He broke his promise because he knew Robert would have killed Jon as dragonspawn and a representation of Lyanna's love for someone else.) This is why Ned had a sense of shame when he thought of Jon in his last chapter of GoT.

*ducks*

and better yet i still hold on to hope that there is nice bolton and an evil stark. This is GRRM and he has multiple sides of all coins, why not the northern coins.

We do have some less than good Starks in history already. We just don't know enough about the Boltons yet.

Ramsay Snow was conceived via blood magic( this explains his sociopathy)

A tunnel exists deep under the Winterfell crypts that leads directly to the Land of Always winter

That's one long ass tunnel.

Another crazy theory of mine:

Tom of Sevenstreams = Howland Reed, lol

I like this much better than another suggestion.

The person that ended the Targaryen dynasty will re-ignite it once again.

Jaime will bend the knee to Jon. His redemption arc will complete with his promise to Rhaegar, helping and influencing Jon to sit the throne.

Thus, Jaime is no more the Kingslayer, but the Kingmaker.

Admittedly, I love the idea of this.

Archived